Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 26th December 2007, 10:35   #1801  |  Link
Unrealbr
Learning To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by check View Post
what is your input file?
Its an AVI with these streams in it
Video: DivX 5 1280x720 119.88fps [Stream 00]
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 48000Hz stereo 224Kbps [Stream 01]

A couple of weeks ago i had encoded it with no problems at all but now it simply doesnt work
Old 26th December 2007, 18:18   #1802  |  Link
delxd

hello ive been re encoding my .avi videos to mp4 and ive been noted that when i mux my audio file and my video the audio file bitrate decrease to it half.. why is that?

Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 1536Kbps [Audio] after muxing i get the following : Audio AAC 24000 stereo 768Kbps.

Last edited by delxd; 26th December 2007 at 18:34.
delxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 02:36   #1803  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

0.0 that's a very high bitrate. Are you encoding it as AAC-HE? In any case, you will neverevereverever need to go above 320kbits per channel, and I dont think you'll need to go over 160 (which = 320kbits for stereo).

As to the problem, it's the sampling rate which is decreasing by half, and this is just due to a measurement error with the tool you've used.
check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 04:41   #1804  |  Link
squid_80

1536Kbps is uncompressed 48000Hz 16-bit stereo. Never rely on explorer to tell you the bitrate of a file.
squid_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 16:37   #1805  |  Link
fleon

Hi I have a problem I can convert a video into a compatible one for the psp but i want to add subtitles to the video, i did by extracting the subtitles with vobsubber on the megui tools menu, and the I muxed them with the movie and the audio on the pc it worked but on my psp I cant see the subtitles, so what I am doing wrong?
fleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 19:16   #1806  |  Link
Warpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleon View Post
Hi I have a problem I can convert a video into a compatible one for the psp but i want to add subtitles to the video, i did by extracting the subtitles with vobsubber on the megui tools menu, and the I muxed them with the movie and the audio on the pc it worked but on my psp I cant see the subtitles, so what I am doing wrong?
the psp can't render the subtitles while displaying a video... u need to "burn" the subtitles into the video.

vsfilter.dll & avisynth can help you...
Warpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 20:13   #1807  |  Link
fleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpman View Post
the psp can't render the subtitles while displaying a video... u need to "burn" the subtitles into the video.

vsfilter.dll & avisynth can help you...
Ok but I am not too familiar with that process but I bet is not hard so could teach me how I can do that?
Old 28th December 2007, 03:14   #1808  |  Link
Xodarap
Ninja Butter

Okay, I'm having a few problems with MeGUI. It's been awhile since I used it and I vaguely remember finding some fix for the audio problem I'm having, but can't figure it out (again :P).

Problem 1: I cannot encode AC3 audio. I've tried with every kind of encoder, starting from a valid .ac3 file. I have AC3Filter as well as ffdshow, and can play the .ac3 file with no problems in media player classic and winamp. The log reports nothing of use, and in fact looks as though the encoding went well, other than the lack of any reported output or processing data (other than start and end time). The job queue simply reports "error," and the error happens directly after preprocessing (which "appears" to work, though it happens *very* quickly). When I uncheck "force directshow decoding," the error doesn't happen, the audio encodes quickly (about 30x realtime), but the resulting file is silent (despite being the right filesize).

Problem 2: When attempting to use the one-click-encoder (which is my main reason for using MeGUI, as I am proficient with GK, VDub, and Mencoder), I get a fatal error: object reference not set to an instance of an object; source of exception: megui stacktrace: at MeGUI.core.util.PrettyFormatting.ExtractWorkingName(String fileName)... This is after attempting to load one of five VOBs loaded onto my HDD by DVD Decrypter.

EDIT: For information, one-click-encoding is working for me if I (a) check "don't encode audio" and (b) use an m2v file as my input. Also, the d2v creator is handling the same VOB just fine. And I would rather encode the audio, of course.

In the meantime, I can obviously make some d2vs, besweet my own audio (besweet still works, btw), write up individual avs, etc., but for converting my extensive home library of DVDs, I was quite excited to have a very quick setup (since I use the same avisynth filters for each anyways).

Last edited by Xodarap; 29th December 2007 at 01:37.
Xodarap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 03:39   #1809  |  Link
mroz

@fleon: I've not used it, but from a quick google it might be as simple as install vsfilter.dll in plugins & to the end of the avisynth script you create in Megui, before saving it, add the line:
TextSub("C:\temp\yoursubs.srt") with a correct path & filename of course. Docs should be here but the site seems to be down atm.

@Xodarap: ac3 issue - with force directshow unchecked, the NicAudio.dll is used to decode ac3; currently it spits out silent frames when it sees something it doesn't like. I had this problem with a clip which, iirc, changed dolby surround mode a few seconds in. Your issue might be similar. You could take the issue up with Nic if you can find him. As a workaround you could always try a separate audio encoder such as Belight.

Ifo loading - it'd be nice but aiui MeGUI currently doesn't contain an Ifo parser. As to loading Vobs, what are you loading them into? If you're using d2v creator, which does a good job of handling mpeg2, just give it the first vob of the vts you want & it will open the rest as well; just test it & you'll see.

Last edited by mroz; 28th December 2007 at 03:58.
mroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 04:19   #1810  |  Link
Xodarap
Ninja Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroz View Post
@Xodarap: ac3 issue - with force directshow unchecked, the NicAudio.dll is used to decode ac3; currently it spits out silent frames when it sees something it doesn't like. I had this problem with a clip which, iirc, changed dolby surround mode a few seconds in. Your issue might be similar. You could take the issue up with Nic if you can find him. As a workaround you could always try a separate audio encoder such as Belight.

Ifo loading - it'd be nice but aiui MeGUI currently doesn't contain an Ifo parser. As to loading Vobs, what are you loading them into? If you're using d2v creator, which does a good job of handling mpeg2, just give it the first vob of the vts you want & it will open the rest as well; just test it & you'll see.
AC3: I think you're right, as the output file appears (on visual inspection; can't hear anything) to have a frame or two of sound at the beginning, then silence. Why won't it work with force DShow enabled? Any idea what it doesn't like?

IFO/VOB: meh, I don't care about the IFO loading as long as it loads all the VOBs -- which, on inspection with the d2v creator, it does. The problem is the fatal error. I can't load the vob at all in the one-click-encoder, though I can make an m2v and load IT.

So my main two problems: I can't force DShow filtering for audio encoding (and without it, I get silence); and, worse, I can't load VOBs with one-click-encoder, though they load just fine into the d2v creator.

EDIT: Tried the audio encoding with a fresh AC3 file from a different source. WITHOUT directshow filtering enabled, this one is "working." However, it's VERY (veryveryvery) quiet, so apparently the automatic volume normalization is not working. That said, I could, of course, re-normalize and re-mux the mp3 myself, but, again, I'm moving farther and farther away from my goal of one-click bliss

Oh, and WOW, thanks for the quick response

Last edited by Xodarap; 28th December 2007 at 06:08.
Old 28th December 2007, 04:32   #1811  |  Link
Xodarap
Ninja Butter

small side question: I have telecide (Telecide(guide=1).Decimate()) set in my avs script, but in "Preview AVS Script," the preview still appears telecined. Does IVTC not appear in the AVS Preview? All of my other filters appear to be loaded.

EDIT: Figured out and fixed. Apparently <input> in the script creator doesn't set interlace=true for me. I added ColorMatrix(hints=true,interlaced=true) and now it's IVTCing beautifully

Last edited by Xodarap; 28th December 2007 at 05:39.
Old 28th December 2007, 04:34   #1812  |  Link
mroz

The script is previewed as written, so something must be wrong with the IVTC process &/or source. As to the rest, soz, can't help atm.

Hopefully someone with a clue will be along shortly^W, erm, sometime next year maybe?
mroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 05:56   #1813  |  Link
Akatsuker
Hack'n Roll

I've updated my meGUI, and now i can't open my d2v files on the avisynth script creator.

The following image was posted by mdchaser, and i have now the very same problem.

Tried replacing the file mediainfowrapper.dll by a previous version of that one - that solved the problem for mdchaser, but not for me.

What should I do?
Akatsuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 11:22   #1814  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

try a full reinstall
Old 28th December 2007, 14:12   #1815  |  Link
fleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroz View Post
@fleon: I've not used it, but from a quick google it might be as simple as install vsfilter.dll in plugins & to the end of the avisynth script you create in Megui, before saving it, add the line:
TextSub("C:\temp\yoursubs.srt") with a correct path & filename of course. Docs should be here but the site seems to be down atm.
So I have to re encode de video? or I can put the already encoded video with the subtitles and like paint it on the video?, also why do you put the extension .srt on megui it seems that I can only use .sub and .idx, and please explain it better since i only need this step to have the video ready for my psp
On the site that you gave this I found:
This contains the AviSynth TextSub function, which basically takes a textfile as input and paints the subtitles from this textfile on the video clip. It has the following quite simple syntax:
TextSub ("path\filename.ext" [, charset [, fps]])
So typically you only write
TextSub ("your_file.ssa")

Besides SSA (Sub Station Alpha) TextSub can deal with SRT (SubRip), SUB (MicroDVD), PSB (PowerDivx), SMI (SAMI), ASS (Advanced Substation Alpha).

To override the default style you can use a second file named e.g. "your_file.ssa.style" (the first file + ".style") which must be in SSA or ASS syntax an contains only formatting information (makes only sense when NOT using SSA/ASS).

Most SSA commands are ignored, as they are not really useful here.
but i still dont understand how to do it and if I have to reencode my video, well If it needed this is the script the video
DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\FINAL_FANTASY_7\VIDEO_TS\New Folder\VTS_02_1.d2v",info=3)
ColorMatrix(hints=true,interlaced=true)
tfm(order=1).tdecimate()
#crop
Spline36Resize(480,272) # Spline36 (Neutral)
#denoise
__film = last
__t0 = __film.trim(1, 130004)
__t1 = __film.trim(144862, 145135)
FadeOut(__t0, 23) ++ FadeIn(__t1, 23)
Old 28th December 2007, 15:40   #1816  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

You need to re-encode the video. Using the .sub file instead of a .srt is fine.

You want your script to look like this (make sure you put in the right path to the .sub):
Quote:
DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\FINAL_FANTASY_7\VIDEO_TS\New Folder\VTS_02_1.d2v",info=3)
ColorMatrix(hints=true,interlaced=true)
textsub("subs.sub")
tfm(order=1).tdecimate()
#crop
Spline36Resize(480,272) # Spline36 (Neutral)
#denoise
__film = last
__t0 = __film.trim(1, 130004)
__t1 = __film.trim(144862, 145135)
FadeOut(__t0, 23) ++ FadeIn(__t1, 23)
Old 29th December 2007, 02:17   #1817  |  Link
Xodarap
Ninja Butter

Well, I "figured out" the audio problem. Actually, I downloaded Nero Digital and it's amazing and works great! (Though I'm slightly upset that I can't use the AVI container with it...)

Still having the VOB problem, though. To recap:

When attempting to use the one-click-encoder (which is my main reason for using MeGUI,), I get a fatal error: object reference not set to an instance of an object; source of exception: megui stacktrace: at MeGUI.core.util.PrettyFormatting.ExtractWorkingName(String fileName)... This is after attempting to load one of five VOBs loaded onto my HDD by DVD Decrypter. Also, the d2v creator is handling the same VOB just fine. In fact, it appears that everything (including GK, etc.) handles the VOBs except the MeGUI one-click encoder.

EDIT: I *believe* that I may have found the problem. I tried a DRM-free region-free DVD and its VOBs worked fine. I think that DVD Decrypter may be too old -- Any advice for an equally-good, yet up-to-date DVD Decryption program? Stupid EU Copyright laws... I'm using my OWN DVDs! :P

Last edited by Xodarap; 29th December 2007 at 03:28.
Old 29th December 2007, 13:04   #1818  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ google: RipIt4Me
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 13:26   #1819  |  Link
Xodarap
Ninja Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~bT~ View Post
^ google: RipIt4Me
*Sigh* I feel guilty, as I hate it when others don't google first. However, after trying several google searches, I mostly came up with crappy trial-version stuff and loads and loads of subpar freeware. I was wondering if there was an accepted "standard" like there was with DVD Decrypter, but now that I think of it, anything that gives me decrypted ifos/vobs should be the same!

Yet I have *another* problem... It seems that whenever I solve one thing, another pops up. The solution to my AC3 audio problem above was in switching to Nero Digital. (Previously, I got an error when encoding mp3s using DShow, and silence when not using DShow.) However, despite the beautiful (and small!) .m4a and .mp4 files that I get with NeroD, they come out silent after muxing. I mux them into MKVs with x264 avis and the resulting file is dead silent. This is with either the MKV muxer or the one-click auto-option. The intermediate m4a/mp4 file sounds great on the *same* media player that I use to play the MKV afterwards. I don't think the muxing is happening at all (as opposed to nulling the volume on the audio or other problem), as the file-size change is negligible and consistent with changing to the MKV container...

In the meantime, I will be using the "without DShow" audio encoding for ABR MP3, which, I believe, is Nic's encoder. Is there any way to change the DLL that MeGUI uses for that encoding? The response I got above indicates that my problem with Nic's spitting out silence only *some* of the time is due to Nic's finding something it "doesn't like" in the input stream. So, as far as I can guess: Lame w/DShow gives an error, Nic's "doesn't like" something in the input stream and gives silence, NDAAC refuses to mux correctly, and AC3 is a waste of space (and four channels). Any suggestions? At this point, I was *very* impresssed with Nero's quality and compression, and would be happy to mux it, but I would also be happy to encode to MP3 since I could keep my pretty AVI containers...
Old 29th December 2007, 13:34   #1820  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

try loading audio files with manually created avs files containing:
directshowsource("path\to\file.mp3")

Tags
megui