Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > HDTV / DVB / TiVo

Old 25th September 2003, 06:10   #1  |  Link
MADD

Annoying flying logo

Im trying to convert transport streams captured from my MyHD to DVD. Using HDTVtoMPEG2 1.09 I convert the .ts file to .mpg files. The converted files play beautifully in windows media player 9. In PowerDVD only the audio plays. Here is the problem, when I play the files in WMP9 a little flying logo flies around the screen like a little bug, flitting around randomly (it appears to be a cube made of smaller cubes). It's almost as if I have a demo version of WMP9 and that I would have to buy the full version of WMP9 to get rid of the logo. Well that wouldn't be so hard to live with if the logo wasn't IN THE VIDEO ITSELF! When I try to convert the files to dvd compliant mpeg files using canopus procoder, that darn logo bug is in the video itself, though it isnt in the ts streams before the mpeg conversion. Anyone else ever seen this? More importantly, how do I get rid of it? Any help would be appreciated.

For the record:

WindowsXP Home
SP1 and all updates
Current version of WMP9

More details to follow if needed.
MADD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2003, 21:06   #2  |  Link
fingernailX

Elecard mpeg2 ds filter

Open the file in Graphedt (render media file) or in BSplayer (right click, properties) then see which mpeg decoder it uses to play the file. I suspect its the Elecard mpeg2 decoder. If you have another mpeg 2 decoder filter such as the cyberlink video/sp decoder from powerdvd uninstall the elecard filter (start, run, regsvr32 /u mpeg2dmx.ax) I did this and either the cyberlink or main concept mpeg decoder filter will playback hd mpeg2.
fingernailX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2003, 12:52   #3  |  Link
tal-grazzja

Can I have detailed explaination of how to build filters other than elecard for Progdvb. Here I m a newbie and I find little of this in the internet or other related forums. Elecard consumes much of the CPU processing so I would prefer to opt ffor other codecs
Old 8th October 2003, 12:58   #4  |  Link
DAvenger
hacked

The flying logo means your 30 days trial of Elecard has expired. There is a nice DVB community here. They should be able to answer all your questions.

Hope this helps

Spyware, malware a vírusy : http://www.antispyware.sk

Hudba, texty, akordy, noty, albumy, mp3 a videoklipy : http://www.musicworld.sk
DAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2003, 21:00   #5  |  Link
Wilbert

Just gather the installed ax filters, and copy them to a temp folder. Uninstall elecard, and register the ax filters manually. Should work, I think. Otherwise install the package in doom's download section (this is an older version, where the logo stays right-up).
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote