Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 28th December 2011, 22:11   #13881  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfalaval View Post
how can i enable the hidden option? please help :-(
You need to place "ENABLE_TEST=1"(excluding quotes) in the configuration "ini" file, under [options].
THeres a text file within the bd rebuilder folder, called hiddenopts. You'll find more tweaks there, and their explanations

Last edited by omegaman7; 28th December 2011 at 22:35. Reason: spelling, and clarification
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 22:28   #13882  |  Link
alfalaval

oook tnx very very much !!!
alfalaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 22:30   #13883  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfalaval View Post
I put the string in the .ini file and saved. I restarted the program but in mode do not see any new entry. where mistake?
The quotes cannot be in the ini.
"" <--- That's a big no no!
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 22:30   #13884  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Subtitles aren't being put into the MKV container for the Alternative Audio Intact. I have "Limit 1 track for each language" unchecked and 2 Subtitles checked. The first Subtitle is even marked as "Turn Subtitle ON". DTS's, AC3's, and Chapters are within the container. I also used CRF.

I'm now trying 2 Pass MB encoding...I don't see that being any different, but eh...I'll be away from the computer for a bit so...Might as well.
Old 28th December 2011, 22:44   #13885  |  Link
alfalaval

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
The quotes cannot be in the ini.
"" <--- That's a big no no!
yes yes all OK...you are great and very nice. tnx from italian user !!
alfalaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 00:54   #13886  |  Link
sonate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I have updated the first post of this thread with links to a new version of BD-RB (v0.39.07). Changes for this release:
Code:
- Corrected and AVS issue related to the use of
  true pulldown sources with the "IVTC_480i"
  hidden setting. 
- Regressed default AFTEN.EXE to that prior to
  v0.39.5. This corrects issues on some systems.
- Modified audio encoding so that a second AFTEN
  version will be tried before encode failure is
  reported -- this is a workaround for certain
  incompatibilities in some AFTEN releases on 
  different computers.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Works seamlessly. procexp.exe process monitor shows the failure of the first version of aften and then a smooth transition into aften2 requiring no restart or other input. Excellent and many thanks to you.
sonate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 01:30   #13887  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Subtitles aren't being put into the MKV container for the Alternative Audio Intact. I have "Limit 1 track for each language" unchecked and 2 Subtitles checked. The first Subtitle is even marked as "Turn Subtitle ON". DTS's, AC3's, and Chapters are within the container. I also used CRF.

I'm now trying 2 Pass MB encoding...I don't see that being any different, but eh...I'll be away from the computer for a bit so...Might as well.
Subtitles aren't added to MKVs because there are virtually no players that can handle .SUP format in an MKV -- and that's pretty much all that BD includes. The only alternative would be to run an OCR against them -- and without human intervention OCR pretty much sucks.

I may add DVD style SUB/IDX subs in the future. But I'm not sure there are many players that can handle that either on an HD source.
Old 29th December 2011, 03:10   #13888  |  Link
soneca

The Dune HD players can handle the format .sup in mkv, no need to convert to sub.

Nowadays I think most players are compatible with .sub/idx subs.
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 03:37   #13889  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneca View Post
The Dune HD players can handle the format .sup in mkv, no need to convert to sub.

Nowadays I think most players are compatible with .sub/idx subs.
I'm also using MKVMERGE to do the builds -- and it doesn't accept .SUP -- only SUB/IDX, so I'm still limited.
Old 29th December 2011, 03:55   #13890  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

is .SUP the only subtitle format used in mkv's? Cause i've got a couple tv-show mkv's with subs in it. If there's a way to check the type of subs, i'd be happy to check if my player supports em. The panasonic DMP-BD85 isnt the most recent model
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 04:24   #13891  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
is .SUP the only subtitle format used in mkv's? Cause i've got a couple tv-show mkv's with subs in it. If there's a way to check the type of subs, i'd be happy to check if my player supports em. The panasonic DMP-BD85 isnt the most recent model
No. In fact, I think .SUP is almost non-existent in MKVs. Several places online don't even have .SUP listed as being supported by Matroska at all.

By far the most common subtitles in MKV are text -- which can only be rendered from .SUP by OCR.

You can check the type by opening the MKV in TSMUXER.
Old 29th December 2011, 05:15   #13892  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

Further to my question in Post#13866, could this TSMuxer "pes packet" error have anything to do with the fact that the primary/first audiostream on the "Cars" (NOT "Cars 2") blu-ray disc is an LPCM stream of almost 6GB? If so, what setting do I have to make (or unmake) to downconvert the LPCM stream without affecting other audiostreams (640 5.1 .AC3 and 192 2 channel .AC3)?

**EDIT** I believe the problem arises as the result of an LPCM stream greater than the usual 4Gb limit for .WAV files. The proof in the pudding seems to be rather simple to observe with "Cars". I use tsMuxer to simply demux the almost 6GB LPCM stream - and tsMuxer split it into 2 files, one of approximately 4GB and another of almost 2GB. It's at this point (during the processing of 00060.M2TS) that the "pes" error is generated and BD-RB grinds to a halt.

Last edited by setarip_old; 29th December 2011 at 09:21. Reason: Add'l info
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 08:41   #13893  |  Link
AmigaFuture

@jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Subtitles aren't added to MKVs because there are virtually no players that can handle .SUP format in an MKV -- and that's pretty much all that BD includes. The only alternative would be to run an OCR against them -- and without human intervention OCR pretty much sucks.

I may add DVD style SUB/IDX subs in the future. But I'm not sure there are many players that can handle that either on an HD source.
MKV does support .SUP as an input. I'm currently using the newest version, but 2 previous versions also accept it. I used Blu-Ray Stream Extractor which does extract SUP files. I then tried importing the SUP files into MKV and it does recognize them. Mostly I'm playing MKV files with VLC and it displays them. My LG BD590 Blu-Ray player doesn't display SUP, yet..and I'm cool with that.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 29th December 2011 at 08:54.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 14:38   #13894  |  Link
soneca

jdobbs,

The ref frames back to the default in this latest version of the BD-Rebuilder?
I did an encode now(1280x720) and MediaInfo is showing 3 frames.
Old 29th December 2011, 15:32   #13895  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneca View Post
jdobbs,

The ref frames back to the default in this latest version of the BD-Rebuilder?
I did an encode now(1280x720) and MediaInfo is showing 3 frames.
There were no changes in that area in this version.
Old 29th December 2011, 18:54   #13896  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

Further to my question in Post#13866, could this TSMuxer "pes packet" error have anything to do with the fact that the primary/first audiostream on the "Cars" (NOT "Cars 2") blu-ray disc is an LPCM stream of almost 6GB? If so, what setting do I have to make (or unmake) to downconvert the LPCM stream without affecting other audiostreams (640 5.1 .AC3 and 192 2 channel .AC3)?

**EDIT** I believe the problem arises as the result of an LPCM stream greater than the usual 4Gb limit for .WAV files. The proof in the pudding seems to be rather simple to observe with "Cars". I use tsMuxer to simply demux the almost 6GB LPCM stream - and tsMuxer split it into 2 files, one of approximately 4GB and another of almost 2GB. It's at this point (during the processing of 00060.M2TS) that the "pes" error is generated and BD-RB grinds to a halt.
I'm sure it's related to the LPCM -- but not the splitting at 4GB boundaries. BD-RB recognizes that TSMUXER splits files at 4GB and handles them appropriately. My guess is that the fact that it is LPCM pushed created an extremely large PES packet -- which exceeded that allowed, and TSMUXER choked on it.

[Edit] Hmm... it might be that TSMUXER ran into the PES packet exactly at the point where the split occurred and it couldn't write it due to the file size limit in the first file. I can't remember whether it's possible -- but there's a chance I may be able to get around that issue (assuming this is the cause) by lowering the file output split point.

Last edited by jdobbs; 29th December 2011 at 19:02.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 20:23   #13897  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

So, if or until this LPCM problem is resolved, what setting does one have to make (or unmake) to downconvert the LPCM stream without affecting other audiostreams (640 5.1 .AC3 and 192 2 channel .AC3)? (I can find no such settings)
Old 29th December 2011, 20:58   #13898  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

So, if or until this LPCM problem is resolved, what setting does one have to make (or unmake) to downconvert the LPCM stream without affecting other audiostreams (640 5.1 .AC3 and 192 2 channel .AC3)? (I can find no such settings)
I assume you were trying to keep the HD audio?

If so, you're probably better just keeping the existing 640Kbs DD5.1 audio and not keeping the LPCM. As I've said before, it is my opinion that HD audio is nothing more than a gimmick anyway.

[Edit] Looking back, though, it was the remuxing that seemed to have the problem... I guess I'll have to do some testing with that disc and see what I can find. I assume there is more than one version of it on blu-ray -- can you give me some information as the exact disc?

Last edited by jdobbs; 29th December 2011 at 21:14.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 03:20   #13899  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

It's a single-disc Blu-ray edition, including all Blu-ray extras (Cine-Explore, Carfinder game), NEW deleted scene, Radiator Springs Featurettes, Movie Showcase, and all original DVD extras (I believe it's the same one you've previously mentioned you use as one of your ongoing test discs).

Just so you know, I have subsequently, with ease, made a 25Gb backup with the LPCM eliminated - as I concur with your sentiment regarding HD Audio wholeheartedly. However, for the purpose of beta testing, I'm sure you'd want to know about this anomaly...
Old 30th December 2011, 21:50   #13900  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
There were no changes in that area in this version.
I formatted my pc and I forgot some settings, my fault.

Quote:
If so, you're probably better just keeping the existing 640Kbs DD5.1 audio and not keeping the LPCM. As I've said before, it is my opinion that HD audio is nothing more than a gimmick anyway.
I totally agree.
Recently I upgraded my home theater which is now able to play these new audio formats, I already knew well, and continued dropping 98% of the tracks in HD. When I hear people say that the difference is huge I think I'm going deaf, or most of them have no idea what they're talking about.
Not to mention that such a system average is almost impossible to notice any difference.
Can also be a psychological effect.
Sorry for off topic.