Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 26th March 2010, 04:18   #11181  |  Link
Mtz

I'm using Subtitle Workshop from many years.
Starting with ffdshow rev. 3314 I always have this error:

so I cannot use Subtitle Workshop to sync the subtitles.
Please fix this error because I cant use any newer version of ffdshow after rev. 3309.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 08:35   #11182  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Ok, I'll fix those 2

About DXVA + Haali + FF/RW : I'll make some deeper tests with 720p mkv to reproduce it

The only difference with you is that I own windows 7 x64
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 14:34   #11183  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

albain, if you still don't have a good solution for it can you tell me what to change in the code to disable the only 2 change of codecs when dealing with TrueHD and AC3 for the time being? A lot of European Blu-ray titles have a TrueHD English track and then all the others in standard DD, and changing between them is driving me insane, having to reopen the movie. Or at least can you tell me how to increase the number of allowed changes? Thanks!
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 17:33   #11184  |  Link
rsd78

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post
Ok, I'll fix those 2

About DXVA + Haali + FF/RW : I'll make some deeper tests with 720p mkv to reproduce it

The only difference with you is that I own windows 7 x64
Thanks Albain.

Out of curiosity, any idea why the latest MediaControl did not fix that issue with the mpc-splitter? What was it supposed to do?
rsd78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 19:25   #11185  |  Link
TFM_TheMask

@Albain: Did you by any chance had a look at the bug in the dts and ac3 passtrough when connecting it to the filewriter filter to extract the original AC3 or DTS stream?
TFM_TheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 23:42   #11186  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

@Stargazer : a good solution must be thought according to the following.
- NewSegment event is raised when a there is a seek or when there is a stream switching
- The same stream can hold AC3 blocks & TrueHD blocks or DTS blocks with DTSHD blocks. So the audio parser must be put in the situation where the blocks it scans may not correspond to the resulting stream format (may be TrueHD if meets AC3 block or DTSHD if meets DTS core block)

So the right solution would be to scan for the stream format only a few seconds after a newsegment is raised. The solution is here but I don't have the time for now (as for new ffmpeg libraries)

Currently the audio parser stops scanning for the stream format after 2 changes which is not the best solution I agree

@rsd78 : I have changed the way media control scans the streams.
Formerly the streams were scanned for only once, now they are scanned anytime you raise the a menu that needs access to it.
The MPC bug is not fixed yet, this is a workaround : so if the streams don't appear at first, this is because the MPC splitter did not detect them. You have to wait a few seconds that the splitter detects them and then raise the Media Control menu

@TFM_TheMask : no, sorry
Old 27th March 2010, 00:20   #11187  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
@Stargazer : a good solution must be thought according to the following.
- NewSegment event is raised when a there is a seek or when there is a stream switching
- The same stream can hold AC3 blocks & TrueHD blocks or DTS blocks with DTSHD blocks. So the audio parser must be put in the situation where the blocks it scans may not correspond to the resulting stream format (may be TrueHD if meets AC3 block or DTSHD if meets DTS core block)

So the right solution would be to scan for the stream format only a few seconds after a newsegment is raised. The solution is here but I don't have the time for now (as for new ffmpeg libraries)

Currently the audio parser stops scanning for the stream format after 2 changes which is not the best solution I agree
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Can you tell me how to change ffdshow's code to stop scanning after, let's say, 50 changes instead of 2? If it's complicated forget about it, but if it's changing a 2 for a 50 somewhere in the code please tell me so I can live with my own builds until you have time to do the right thing
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
Old 27th March 2010, 01:03   #11188  |  Link
rsd78

Quote:

@rsd78 : I have changed the way media control scans the streams.
Formerly the streams were scanned for only once, now they are scanned anytime you raise the a menu that needs access to it.
The MPC bug is not fixed yet, this is a workaround : so if the streams don't appear at first, this is because the MPC splitter did not detect them. You have to wait a few seconds that the splitter detects them and then raise the Media Control menu
Thanks Albain. Unfortunately it still doesn't seem to work for me. I played an mkv that had 5+ sub streams in it, waited 60 seconds into it, got into the menu and still did not show the individual sub streams.
Old 27th March 2010, 10:09   #11189  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsd78 View Post
Thanks Albain. Unfortunately it still doesn't seem to work for me. I played an mkv that had 5+ sub streams in it, waited 60 seconds into it, got into the menu and still did not show the individual sub streams.
Do the streams appear within the MPC splitter menu ?
Old 27th March 2010, 10:10   #11190  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Can you tell me how to change ffdshow's code to stop scanning after, let's say, 50 changes instead of 2? If it's complicated forget about it, but if it's changing a 2 for a 50 somewhere in the code please tell me so I can live with my own builds until you have time to do the right thing
It is located inside TaudioParser.cpp. I don't have the code here but there are comments to describe the behaviour (I think this is located at the end of the file)
Old 27th March 2010, 10:13   #11191  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
I'm using Subtitle Workshop from many years.
Starting with ffdshow rev. 3314 I always have this error:

so I cannot use Subtitle Workshop to sync the subtitles.
Please fix this error because I cant use any newer version of ffdshow after rev. 3309.

enjoy,
Mtz
Do you have the exact faulty revision ? It would help a lot if you could narrow it down a little more

Only ffmpeg updates were made between rev 3309 and 3314
Old 27th March 2010, 14:52   #11192  |  Link
rpm7200

when i enable lfe croosover libavcodec is using 32 bit floating point but when i don't use lfe croosover, libavcodec is using 16 bit integer. is this a bug?
rpm7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 15:04   #11193  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Hi again, can you try this build and let me know if this fixes this issue ?
Old 27th March 2010, 18:27   #11194  |  Link
rsd78

Quote:
Do the streams appear within the MPC splitter menu ?
If I right click on the ffdshow dxva tray icon and then go to Subtitle Sources, yes I do see the list of individual subs while playing a movie.

After doing that I checked with Media Control and it still didn't enumerate those same subs from the Media Control Menu (doesn't list any individual streams).
Old 27th March 2010, 19:11   #11195  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
Hi again, can you try this build and let me know if this fixes this issue ?
No, it doesn't . In an MKV with AC3 and THD, changing from the AC3 track to the THD track results in silence, ffdshow reports 621 kbps ac3 (liba52). If I change back to the AC3 track I get silence too, with the same message. Info & CPU is empty in both cases.
Old 27th March 2010, 20:10   #11196  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
No, it doesn't . In an MKV with AC3 and THD, changing from the AC3 track to the THD track results in silence, ffdshow reports 621 kbps ac3 (liba52). If I change back to the AC3 track I get silence too, with the same message. Info & CPU is empty in both cases.
Okay, I'll make a build with debug traces

I can't test it by myself because I don't have any HD receiver for now

EDIT : I also forgot something in my code, it should work with this build (I hope)

Here is the new link : build that should fix audio stream switching

Also I am going to post a build with the new ffmpeg swscale and postprocessing libraries : I don't reproduce the black picture with postprocessing enabled anymore (!). I just made a clean/rebuild all. Maybe I had some crap that was not up to date

Here is the link for the ffdshow build with the new ffmpeg libraries

Thank you for your feedbacks

Last edited by albain; 27th March 2010 at 21:13.
Old 27th March 2010, 21:40   #11197  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

With the audio build: AC3-->THD results in silence, ffdshow reports 6xx kbps ac3 (liba52). But now if I change back to the AC3 track I get sound. It's like ffdshow doesn't detect the format change. Oh I forgot to say, I use analog audio, no bitstreaming so I can't test that.

I will report my findings with the new libraries beta in a moment.

EDIT, newlibs report:

RGB32:

- Luminance fix in picture properties, black screen. But wait, if you enable deband and you place it after picture properties everything is fine! The filter works and the image is not black. Maybe this can help you with debugging.
- Deinterlacing, same as luminance fix, it works perfectly fine but only if you put it before deband and you activate it, otherwise black screen with ffmpeg deints.
- Postprocessing with mplayer checked, I get black screen. Again if I activate deband after PP it works perfectly fine.
- mplayer temporal noise reducer in Blur, same as above, with deband after it it works fine.
- White shadow in DVD subs, still present. Not a problem with the libs, but still there.

YUY2:

With SD content, exact same issues as RGB32, but changing the black screens with the double speed but same number of frames issue I reported earlier. With HD content, exact same issues as RGB32 but changing the black screens with stuttering. Activating deband after the filters fixes the double speed and the stuttering.

NV12: black screen always. This time deband does nothing.

It looks like everything works OK with deband, maybe that filter does something that should be added in the other filters too. Find this thing and everything will work like a charm (at least the bugs I've found)

EDIT 2: Log. MKV file with AC3 as primary audio. Then at about second 45 I change to the THD track, sound is gone. Then again at second 55 I change back to the AC3 track, sound is heard again. This log is done with "ffdshow_rev3335_20100327_dbt_.exe"

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 28th March 2010 at 00:15.
Old 27th March 2010, 23:28   #11198  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Ok thanks, please post the debugview logs of the tests with AC3 <=> TrueHD switches
Old 28th March 2010, 00:59   #11199  |  Link
video_magic

@ rsd78:

Did you know there is a new Haali Splitter? 27-03-10

http://haali.su/mkv/
Old 28th March 2010, 11:04   #11200  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Thanks stargazer

Here is a new build on the audio part

I disabled the jitter correction for TrueHD & MLP codecs

About the build with the new libraries, I don't understand, I really don't reproduce the black screen issues anymore. Although I used the same sample as before (which caused me black screen). The only thing that changed is I had to reformat my drive (so new fresh installation)

Have you tried a clean install ?

Last edited by albain; 28th March 2010 at 11:31.

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl