Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Capturing Video
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th May 2003, 21:30   #1  |  Link
bobn4burton

NOOB help with capture card choice...

I wanna say right off that I have used the search option. And yes I have read the various threads that came up. However, I'm still having trouble deciding which capture card is right for me.

I basically want to capture video from my video camera. It has an s-video output so I need an s-video input on the capture card. I have a fairly tight budget (meaning less than $100). I have a good system (p4 @ 3.2 Ghz, 1Gig RAM, plenty of fast hard drive space...).

So for my budget, should I try to find a cheaper real-time encoder card, or just try to capture and compress using cpu time? Anyways, I have looked at the leadtek tv2000xp deluxe and the Prolink Pixelview PlayTV USB 2.0 solutions. Are either of these any good? What other recommendations do you have for my budget?

I basically want to capture the best quality video as possible within my budget.
bobn4burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2003, 19:45   #2  |  Link
bobn4burton

bump...
bobn4burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2003, 21:45   #3  |  Link
Ookami
Xe-Rotaredom

Hi. I doubt that you can find any RT encoding card for that budget anyway.

Have you thought buying maybe even a used card?

I would suggest that you take a longer look at the MSI TV anywhere, many forum users have praised it so there should be something to it .

But, it's always better to only trust your own eyes and taste. If you can test the cards before buying (if you're in the EU that should be possible, anyway).

Cheers,

Mijo.