Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 28th February 2009, 20:51   #121  |  Link
alc0re

yah I saw that...thanks for the heads up.
alc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 00:43   #122  |  Link
alc0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonkey57 View Post
Yes. Insert a SetStream BEFORE both PLAY PL commands in tsmuxer's output, that is in movie objects #0 and #1. Those 2 PLAY PL commands refer to the only playlist, which in turn points to the movie.

@MadMonkey57....Tried it that way with a SetStream command before both PLAY PL commands in movie objects 0 and 1, and the movie refused to play. Edited that same movie and only had a setstream command before the play pl command in movie object 0 and the movie both plays correctly and set the subtitle on that I specified.
Old 1st March 2009, 09:01   #123  |  Link
MadMonkey57
Duh!

That's strange... I know I've done this a long time ago (before I started removing almost everything keeping only setstream and play pl...)... But I can't remember if it was on tsmuxer's index.bdmv/MovieObject.bdmv or Adobe Encore CS4... I'll make a few tests and will keep you informed...
MadMonkey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 11:07   #124  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

In multiAVCHD I use only one setstream in the whole compilation and it is before calling title#0 (top menu).

Old 1st March 2009, 15:33   #125  |  Link
Elesias

Hi !

I have problems with VC1 video streams (remuxed through TSMuxer) when playing on my Panasonic BD 35. Is there a trick to fix this trouble please ? Thanks !
Elesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 16:15   #126  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Just noticed this on the AnyDVD forum:

Code:
Fix (Blu-ray): Playback issues with Panasonic Blu-ray players
This is in the latest version--I have never noticed any comments there about Panny problems, but one wonders if it might have anything to do with problems being discussed here!?
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 16:18   #127  |  Link
turbojet

It has to do with removing region in anydvd.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 00:09   #128  |  Link
MadMonkey57
Duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elesias View Post
Hi !

I have problems with VC1 video streams (remuxed through TSMuxer) when playing on my Panasonic BD 35. Is there a trick to fix this trouble please ? Thanks !
What kind of problems ? Burning BD-25/50 or BD5/9 ?
At least, be aware that VC1 is not AVCHD compliant. So that might be a reason why VC1 streams don't work on BD5/BD9.
Old 3rd March 2009, 00:11   #129  |  Link
MadMonkey57
Duh!

Quote:
That's strange... I know I've done this a long time ago (before I started removing almost everything keeping only setstream and play pl...)... But I can't remember if it was on tsmuxer's index.bdmv/MovieObject.bdmv or Adobe Encore CS4... I'll make a few tests and will keep you informed...
@alc0re

I still have this on my to do list... lacking time...
Old 7th March 2009, 00:51   #130  |  Link
MadMonkey57
Duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc0re View Post
@MadMonkey57....Tried it that way with a SetStream command before both PLAY PL commands in movie objects 0 and 1, and the movie refused to play. Edited that same movie and only had a setstream command before the play pl command in movie object 0 and the movie both plays correctly and set the subtitle on that I specified.
I am not 100% sure I interpret navigation commands correctly, but based on what i see in the outputs from tsmuxer and Adobe Encore CS4, I tried a slightly different scenario to get audio/subs on by default...

The short version:

Use "Play PL_MK 0, 0" instead of "Play PL 0" in my previous procedure

The long version:

Use BDEdit to remove all movie objects but one, keep only 2 nav commands, and update them as follows:
- SetStream 2147598337, 0 [Forcing 1st audio and 1st sub]
- Play PL_MK 0, 0 [Playing Playlist #0 ????]
In addition:
- Assign movie object #0 to "First Playback" and "Top Menu"
- Choose "Movie" as the type of movie object for "First Playback"

Tried this only once so far... works fine... and the LCD displays the play time...

@alc0re, a little feedback would be appreciated
Old 7th March 2009, 01:09   #131  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Play PL X - Plays playlist file X (i.e. X=1 - 00001.mpls) from first playitem ignoring previous chapter/playitem settings
Play PL PI 0, 1 - Plays second (1) playitem from playlist 0 (00000.mpls)
Play PL MK X, Y - Plays specific chapter from a title.
Old 7th March 2009, 01:25   #132  |  Link
MadMonkey57
Duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Play PL X - Plays playlist file X (i.e. X=1 - 00001.mpls) from first playitem ignoring previous chapter/playitem settings
Play PL PI 0, 1 - Plays second (1) playitem from playlist 0 (00000.mpls)
Play PL MK X, Y - Plays specific chapter from a title.
Thanks for clarifying this.

Any idea why "Play PL 0" indeed plays playlist but doesn't *show* the play time on the LCD of the BD35 ????
Old 7th March 2009, 01:37   #133  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I guess because your player shows info only when playing a normal title with duration and chapter information set by navigational commands. I think Play PL is not to be used for playing normal titles, but for menu extras like warnings or menu pages (like I use it). Also what is allowed for display and operate is set with other means in playlist files (as you see in middle-upper part of playlist BDedit window).
Old 7th March 2009, 10:54   #134  |  Link
MadMonkey57
Duh!

OK. I understand the differences between PL and PL_MK and therefore why PL_MK is appropriate here.

What I see in the outputs of tsmuxer and Encore is GPR assignments, comparisons, and title jumps. In both cases, if I walk trough the code, I always end up PLAY PL_MK 0, 0

I was assuming this: Nero Vision and Encore insert these GPR assignments and other nav commands within a generic authoring process. In the case of a main movie only, if all we need is starting the disc at the 1st chapter, manipulating those GPRs is useless.

My question is: what manipulating GPRs has to do with the SAP "learning" info from the disc like duration and so on ?? I though this kind of info was stored in PSRs.

EDIT: IMO, PLAY PL_MK nav command triggers the SAP to load some data in the PSRs. I guess it's not the case with PLAY PL.

Last edited by MadMonkey57; 7th March 2009 at 11:15. Reason: IMO, PLAY PL_MK nav command triggers the SAP to load some data in the PSRs. I guess it's not the case with PLAY PL.
Old 7th March 2009, 11:21   #135  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yes, PSRs hold player status but those cannot be changed - only read, thus menu pages or m2ts files with program codes parse information to movieobject and title#0 (top menu) via GPRs.

For example your player is showing a menu page. The menu page itself contains move/compare... nav commands changing GPRs and then your top menu knows what title/chapter to play, which audio or subtitle stream to enable or disable, etc...

In case of no menu and no need to know what menu page is shown or what user actions are performed you can use Immediate values (of course if the nav command accepts such - as you know some commands require target to be a register).

Also some GPRs get changed by the player itself (while executing playlists), reflecting current chapter/title ie....

GPRs are also mostly used for sort of 'communication' between titles and their program codes (movieobject object IDs).

Also for easy reading one can think of Play commands as:

Play PL X = Play PLaylist X (XXXXX.mpls)
Play PL MK X, Y= Play PLaylist X, starting from playlist MarK (chapter) Y (so this version of the command is time-based)
Play PL PI X, Y = Play PLaylist X, starting from Play Item Y (if your mpls contains references to more than 1 m2ts file - each m2ts is a playitem) - so in other words it means - check playlist xxxxx.mpls and play (Y-1)th m2ts file from it (this version is more like file based) PlayItems are zeropadded so the first is 0, tenth is 9, etc... Of course this is really simplified explanation... but I guess you get the idea.

It is not a good idea to have Title#0 (top menu) and Title#1 (main movie) to share the same objectID. While playing a title as TOP menu - navigation is handled differently and information displayed on SAPs LCD or TV is different, too. The best way is to have a simple Jump title #1 for top menu, Play PL MK 0,0 in title#1 (if your mpls file is 00000.mpls), BREAK to quit playback.

[x] First playback [Interactive] [2]
[x] Top Menu [1]

Title [1]: HDTV / Permitted / OID #0
---
ObjectID: (all with suspend/enabled/enabled for resume/menucall/titlesearch)

[000]
Play PL_MK 0,0
BREAK

[001]
Jump Title 1

[002]
SetStream $8001C001
Jump Title 0

Last edited by deank; 7th March 2009 at 12:30.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 12:03   #136  |  Link
MadMonkey57
Duh!

Quote:
...Also some GPRs get changed by the player itself (while executing playlists), reflecting current chapter/title ie...
OK. This is obviously what was troubling me... I would never have thought that the player would alter GPRs... Do you have any info (link ?) on this ? What GPRs can be altered ? What is the trigger ? What is the meaning of the value ?

Quote:
...Play PL PI X, Y = Play PLaylist X, starting from Play Item Y (if your mpls contains references to more than 1 m2ts file - each m2ts is a playitem)...
Thanks for this explanation.

Quote:
...It is not a good idea to have Title#0 (top menu) and Title#1 (main movie) to share the same objectID. While playing a title as TOP menu - navigation is handled differently and information displayed on SAPs LCD or TV is different, too...
Could you be a little more specific about that ?

Quote:
...The best way is to have a simple Jump title #1 for top menu, Play PL MK 0,0 in title#1 (if your mpls file is 00000.mpls), BREAK to quit playback.

[x] First playback [Interactive] [2]
[x] Top Menu [1]

Title [1]: HDTV / Permitted / OID #0
---
ObjectID: (all with suspend/enabled/enabled for resume/menucall/titlesearch)

[000]
Play PL_MK 0,0
BREAK

[001]
Jump Title 1

[002]
SetStream $8001C001
Jump Title 0
This minimalistic BD structure / nav commands looks VERY nice, and very close to what tsmuxer and Encore produce (better BD compliancy), stripped out of every unnecessary GPRs manipulations... I definitely will try this for my next backup. Thanks a lot deank.

Last edited by MadMonkey57; 7th March 2009 at 15:07.
Old 20th March 2009, 17:57   #137  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
OK. This is obviously what was troubling me... I would never have thought that the player would alter GPRs... Do you have any info (link ?) on this ? What GPRs can be altered ? What is the trigger ? What is the meaning of the value ?
Now again about registers.

It turned out that some PSRs are Player STATUS Registers and some are Player SETTING Registers.

Some STATUS registers can be changed with navigational commands and none of the SETTING registers can be changed (except with some workarounds when using BD-J applications).

And for example changing the value in PSR11 should make the player switch to/display another menu page....

May be not knowing this confused me that the player can alter GPRs, but in fact - depending on player's firmware - it is allowed to set/change GPRs, for example on start-up/disc-loading/changing settings in player's menu, etc...

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 20th March 2009 at 18:07.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 20:09   #138  |  Link
rack04

Has anyone tried tsMuxer Version 1.8.35(b)? The reason I ask is because I'm finding that it does not work with my BD-35. The player give error "unsupported" disc.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 00:57   #139  |  Link
alc0re

I have yet to try it, but there's two modes now. According to the release notes, if you're buring to a dvd you need to use avchd mode, not bluray mode. bluray mode is only for burning to actual bluray discs. Not sure if that's the issue you're having or not though.

EDIT : Just tried it. Confirmed that tsMuxer 1.8.35(b) works just fine with a bd-35 as long as you choose avchd mode.

Last edited by alc0re; 30th March 2009 at 07:30.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:44   #140  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc0re View Post
I have yet to try it, but there's two modes now. According to the release notes, if you're buring to a dvd you need to use avchd mode, not bluray mode. bluray mode is only for burning to actual bluray discs. Not sure if that's the issue you're having or not though.

EDIT : Just tried it. Confirmed that tsMuxer 1.8.35(b) works just fine with a bd-35 as long as you choose avchd mode.
Ohh, that's why. I chose blu-ray. Any idea why blu-ray output doesn't work?
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote