Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 8th June 2007, 16:45   #181  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond View Post
check the mp4 faq, the specs are freely available
So, I've re-read the faq and look at various links. I still can't find a link there that would explain the syntax and semantics of an MP4 container.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 17:47   #182  |  Link
bond

http://standards.iso.org/ittf/Public...12_2005(E).zip

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 18:30   #183  |  Link
dmz01

Thanks,
I appreciate it.
Old 8th June 2007, 22:09   #184  |  Link
kabanero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
New version 0.0.11: a bunnch of fixes in the playlist. Blu-Ray output now in alpha quality. Try this version.
dmz01,

I tried new version 0.0.11. PS3 plays the disk now!!!!!
But, I don't get any video and audio, the screen is black.

Also, something wrong with remuxed files in 0.0.11 version when played back with Media Player Classic.
My original TS file (MPEG-2) is 09:17 (9 minutes and 17 seconds).
Both remuxed files using Blu-ray or M2TS(192 byte) output formats show 05:47:56 (5 hours 47 minutes 56 seconds).
It is also hard to navigate forward or backward with remuxed files. MPC just doesn't play the file any more.

EDIT:
Tried Nero ShowTime. It shows the same time: 05:47:56 (5 hours 47 minutes 56 seconds). It is hard to navigate forward or backward, but ShowTime still plays the video.

EDIT:
Tried TsRemux 0.0.10 M2TS(192 byte) output format with the same TS file. Shows correct time 09:17 (9 minutes and 17 seconds) and plays great in MPC.

You messed up something in 0.0.11.

Last edited by kabanero; 8th June 2007 at 22:55.
kabanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 22:50   #185  |  Link
colinhunt

I did a remux of a AVC/DD5.1 file to Blu-ray/BDMV and burned it on a BD-RE disc. The disc works - almost! I get a picture (and it looks great!), but there's no audio.

OSD shows only the AVC symbol with a bitrate next to it. To the left of that there's supposed to be info about audio, but there's absolutely nothing, nada, zilch.

Top left corner there's a disc symbol with "-" next to it.

Time code (lower right corner) works fine and shows correct time. Title and chapter are listed as "-".

Apps used: TsRemux 0.0.11, latest Nero in Blu-ray Disc write mode to create a disc image (UDF 2.50 selected manually), latest ImgBurn to burn the image on disc.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 23:03   #186  |  Link
colinhunt

Slight addendum:
If I try to play the TsRemux-created BDMV with PDVD 7.3 Ultra by using "Open movie file on hard disk drive", I get a black screen. PDVD OSD shows that the video codec is AVC, but at first there's no bitrate reading. That appears somewhat later. Audio codec is listed as "Dolby Digital", but no mention of # of channels or bitrate.

If I navigate to BDMV/STREAM and drop the 00001.m2ts into PDVD, it plays perfectly. So, the .m2ts is fine, but some of the other data is a bit messed up, and PS3 is unable to locate the audio stream.
Old 8th June 2007, 23:10   #187  |  Link
colinhunt

One more thing, that probably has no bearing on the matter. The AVC/DD stream has already been once through the TsRemux. It had three DD audio tracks originally and I needed to strip two of them out. I used M2TS format for saving.
Old 8th June 2007, 23:33   #188  |  Link
colinhunt

Panasonic BD10 refuses to play the disc at all. It might be caused by missing AACS directory, or missing AACS encryption.

I re-remuxed the AVC/DD stream, this time with TsRemux 0.0.10. The .m2ts from BDMV/STREAM plays perfectly in PDVD, but "Open movie file on hard disc drive" fails the same way as earlier.
Old 8th June 2007, 23:38   #189  |  Link
colinhunt

(Sorry for this flood of posts, but for some reason I can't Edit my earlier posts!)

dmz01, if you wish to take a look at the contents of 0.0.11 created BDMV directory (sans STREAM), it's here:
http://www.box.net/shared/et9o7muup7
Old 9th June 2007, 07:01   #190  |  Link
dmz01

New version 0.0.12:

Fixed issues with stream recognition.
Added more fixes to the clip info file.
Blu-Ray output still in alpha - still has audio issues, however, any video muxed into a blu-ray format should work in a player without audio or with DD (not plus) audio. By the way, 0.0.12 is the first version that can remux Pirates of the Caribbean with AVC and DD (not LPCM) only streams into a blu-ray that will play correctly and smoothly (due to rate reduction by dumping lossless audio) on most systems.

Last edited by dmz01; 9th June 2007 at 07:15.
Old 9th June 2007, 07:33   #191  |  Link
Zero1
Two bit encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuemmelBS View Post
I've tried the latest TsRemux but cannot get past loading an EVO or VOB since I always get this error: "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

Anyone else having this prob?
Yes, same here.

dmz01:
Awesome tool, it's been very handy so far, thanks.
I wondered if I could make a feature request? Basically it would be to allow loading of elementary streams (eg raw H.264 and MPEG-1 Layer 2 audio) and muxing to one of the supported formats (I was initially only looking for a reliable TS muxer, but I guess if the other formats can be added without much trouble then other people may benefit too).

The only reason I ask this, is because I'm currently testing the KiSS 1600 DVD player, and I want to compare playback between identical streams muxed in TS and MP4, because I suspect some files stutter in MP4 but not in TS, however it might have been due to a number of reasons.

Basically I got ahold of some demo footage from a 1440x1080i PAFF H.264 Sony camera (in m2ts), and I used your program to mux it to regular TS. It played back perfectly. However I demuxed the H.264 and MP4Box said that it didn't have a H.264 startcode and so refused to mux it. I then turned to Haali's directshow muxer and made two files, one MP4 with 6ch AAC and one with 6ch AC3 (boo hiss :P I was curious to see if the player would support it).

The file with the 6ch AC3 played fine to start with, but then got choppy and slow. The one with the AAC bizarrely died after 3 seconds, so I'd like to make my own encode and mux it to TS and MP4 and do some fair tests. Perhaps there was an error with the muxing since there was no start code? I'm just grabbing at straws at the moment.

Or if there is any other software that will do the job, I'd look into that. Didn't have much luck with VLC. A command line tool would be great also.

Thanks
Zero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 08:50   #192  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

dmz01:
I've checked colinhunt's index.bdmv and it isn't contain any title. I think you have to put at least one title (for compatibility).
Pelican9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 10:09   #193  |  Link
colinhunt

Version 0.0.12 mirrored here:
http://www.box.net/shared/p7f6pk13gh
Old 9th June 2007, 11:00   #194  |  Link
colinhunt

0.0.12 is getting closer, definitely.

I remuxed the AVC/DD5.1 stream to Blu-ray/BDMV and played the resulting data with PowerDVD, using the "Open movie file on HDD".

This time I get a picture. PDVD OSD shows correct time information, video codec and video bitrate. There's still no audio, though. PDVD OSD displays "Dolby Digital", but again, there's no info on the # of channels nor bitrate.

As before, drag&drop of the .m2ts from STREAM into PDVD produces perfect playback, audio and all. PDVD lists audio as "Dolby Digital 5.1 448Kbps".

If you want to compare 0.0.12 output, here's the BDMV directory sans STREAM:
http://www.box.net/shared/kgofhkqaqj
Old 9th June 2007, 11:50   #195  |  Link
Zagolski

dmz01
For me at an initial file audio DTS stood the first in a list, after remux it became the second. And also audio DTS in TSRemux determined as an audio АС3... Request to correct this bug.
Zagolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 14:15   #196  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican9 View Post
dmz01:
I've checked colinhunt's index.bdmv and it isn't contain any title. I think you have to put at least one title (for compatibility).
You don't need any titles in the loop if you have first playback title set. Notice that the first playback title is never in the title loop. I put the main feature in the first playback and that's why it starts automatically.

I could put the same title in both places, but that could confuse some players and could be "less compatible" than having no titles in the loop, which does follow the spec.

Last edited by dmz01; 9th June 2007 at 14:30.
Old 9th June 2007, 14:22   #197  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuemmelBS View Post
I've tried the latest TsRemux but cannot get past loading an EVO or VOB since I always get this error: "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

Anyone else having this prob?
Yes, same here.
You have to uncheck async I/O to get rid of this issue. This is due to some sort of weird incopatibility of async I/O in .NET framework on some systems. As for making TsRemux into a full muxer, it's on my list of things to look into, we'll see.
Old 9th June 2007, 14:27   #198  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagolski View Post
dmz01
For me at an initial file audio DTS stood the first in a list, after remux it became the second. And also audio DTS in TSRemux determined as an audio АС3... Request to correct this bug.
Can you make a small sample (10 secods or so) of the original file available to me?
Old 9th June 2007, 14:34   #199  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
0.0.12 is getting closer, definitely.

I remuxed the AVC/DD5.1 stream to Blu-ray/BDMV and played the resulting data with PowerDVD, using the "Open movie file on HDD".

This time I get a picture. PDVD OSD shows correct time information, video codec and video bitrate. There's still no audio, though. PDVD OSD displays "Dolby Digital", but again, there's no info on the # of channels nor bitrate.

As before, drag&drop of the .m2ts from STREAM into PDVD produces perfect playback, audio and all. PDVD lists audio as "Dolby Digital 5.1 448Kbps".

If you want to compare 0.0.12 output, here's the BDMV directory sans STREAM:
http://www.box.net/shared/kgofhkqaqj
Did you try to play it on your Panasonic player? If you can let me know what happens. Also if anybody can try PS3 and tell me what happens I would be grateful too.
Old 9th June 2007, 15:02   #200  |  Link
kabanero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
Also if anybody can try PS3 and tell me what happens I would be grateful too.
dmz01,

PS3 says:

This is invalid disk
(80029941)
kabanero is offline   Reply With Quote