Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 7th May 2003, 01:45   #1  |  Link
ozyredeye

IFO Edit user guide wanted

Hi All
does any one have a full user guide how to use IFOedit ???

thanks Martin
ozyredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2003, 18:08   #2  |  Link
chowder15

I have been searching for the exact same thing. I've been looking for an IFOedit guide for the last two hours. Haven't found a thing.

Can anyone help?
chowder15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2003, 18:22   #3  |  Link
mpucoder

There is no full guide, but if you go to www.mpucoder.com/derrow/ or www.ifoedit.com and look at the screenshot of IfoEdit. You can click on the screenshot for help on most of the buttons.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2003, 18:37   #4  |  Link
chowder15

Great timing. I just found it while searching on my own. Thanks.
chowder15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2003, 09:00   #5  |  Link
XCPU

TO chowder15

Would you please tell me where the full guide is? I seached it times and times, but get nothing. Thank you!

TO mpucoder:

I want to registe in your site, but I am not in usa and in fact, I haven't any credit card can use for PAYPAL...pity!
XCPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2003, 09:41   #6  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Re: TO chowder15

Quote:
Originally posted by XCPU
Would you please tell me where the full guide is? I seached it times and times, but get nothing. Thank you!
XCPU,

A full guide does not exist, my friend. There are many guides around here that would specifically help you with using IFOedit's potentiality. I knew when I started there wasn't one and I try to contribute some informational guides to fill in some grey areas that I felt the community need to know. Yes, it is a very powerful tool if you get to know more about it but there are still limits to its use. I only wish that the IFOedit Q&A sticky would get really updated on what it can do and cannot do. For instance, a common question would be...

Q: Can I split a DVD-9 into 2 DVD-5s?

...and the answer would be yes and a guide link would be provided. To my knowledge, Derrow started the Q&A but mpucoder has been editing/updating it.

Last edited by 2COOL; 13th May 2003 at 09:44.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2003, 18:03   #7  |  Link
XCPU

THANKS,2COOL.

You are very good at IFOedit and other DVD edit tools and release many guides about this tools, it's very helpful fou me! Thank you very much!

Do you know how to edit the subtitle's color to fit the existing DVD?
Today, I added a new subtitle and kept the original menu when I backup my DVD, but something I must done wrong, the subtitle's color look strange, I suppose it must not match the original subtitle color. For the original DVD doesn't have any existing subtitle, I don't know where can I copy subtitle color from.I just know the menu's highlight color is red, I think I must edit my subtitle's color to match the movie before I use "Author new dvd" funtion. But I don't know which color can match it!......

Hope you understand my poor words......

Last edited by XCPU; 13th May 2003 at 18:06.
XCPU is offline   Reply With Quote