Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 25th August 2009, 21:41   #261  |  Link
Revgen

^Yer Welcome

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Revgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 03:37   #262  |  Link
SomeJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Here is NV beta 8. It has full D3D-less operation, revision of the cropping functionality as discussed, and a few minor bug fixes.

I'd appreciate hearing whether screensaver/standby activation still cause problems.
http://neuron2.net/dgavcdecnv/NVbeta8.zip

I use a remote desktop solution by the name of LogMeIn on both of my desktops. With all previous DGNV tools, you could not change the state of a remote session while the CUVID server was running, or you would get a crash of the CUVID server with the CUVIDMapFrame() error.

By change the state, I mean that you could start the CUVID server and start an encode locally, but then remoting into the machine would crash it. Or, you could start the CUVID server inside a remote session and start an encode, but if you disconnected the remote session, it would crash.

With beta 8, I can now log into and out of remote sessions at will with the CUVID server running with no problems.

LogMeIn installs a special "mirror video driver" that mirrors the current local desktop into the remote session. It was the insertion/removal of this driver's functionality each time a remote session was started/ended that would cause CUVID to crash.

Very happy with this development. LogMeIn remote sessions time out after a certain amount of inactivity, and I can't tell you how many encodes I lost because a remote session timed out when I wasn't paying attention.
Old 26th August 2009, 03:52   #263  |  Link

That's really great news. Thanks, sharing is caring.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 09:33   #264  |  Link
GZZ

---------------------------
Warning
ERROR: cuInit failed (100)

Hit Yes to continue notifying this specific error type; hit No to disable it.
Hit Cancel to suppress all further errors.
Yes No Cancel

I get this message, men I try to open DGAVCIndexNV from Beta 8. It have worked previously (yesterday), but I have tried to restart 3 times now, the next thing is to reinstall my nvidia driver (this will 99.9% fix the issue). Its not the first time I have got this error, but it always happen when opening a AVS file that use the cuvidserver (beta 7), but now (beta 8) I also get this when opening DGAVCIndexNV. Previously I also rebooted (worked must of the time), but know I properly have to reinstall my nvidia driver. Any idea why ?
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 14:10   #265  |  Link

Sorry, I've no idea. I assume you don't have old DLLs lying around and you have Nvidia 190.62.

I'll ask Nvidia about it as it would appear to be a side-effect of going D3D-less.
Old 26th August 2009, 14:48   #266  |  Link
Varies

I had a problem with detect/demux AAC stream from TS and PCM stream from VOB, however non-nv DGIndex detect it fine.

Quote:
Beta 8. Cropping Filter. Use this option to crop your video.
Why I should crop 4 pixels, if I have a blackborder 0.5-1 px?
you may write cropping like in BilinearResize(864,480,1,2,-3,-1) ?

Old 26th August 2009, 15:03   #267  |  Link
Efenstor

Quote:
Post a link to the first two files.
Three files is better:

http://www.efenstor.net/external/00066.MTS
http://www.efenstor.net/external/00067.MTS
http://www.efenstor.net/external/00068.MTS

P.S.: it's about the audio sync problem, if you remember.
Efenstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 15:04   #268  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Sorry, I've no idea. I assume you don't have old DLLs lying around and you have Nvidia 190.62.

I'll ask Nvidia about it as it would appear to be a side-effect of going D3D-less.

Maybe. I was using it to encode 3 movies and they all did a good job, but I have found out that sometimes when you terminate your cuvidserver bare right click and exit it dosnt shutdown properly and still hangs in task manager. But if you kill it from the taskmanager, then it works just fine afterwards.

But this time its completly broken, I tried to reinstall Nvidia driver (190.62) and it still gives me the same error when trying to start DGAVCIndexNV or the CUVIDServer so something in my Nvidia driver has broken, will try to reinstall later tonight and see if I can get it working again.

Also found out that if you have the CUVIDserver running and have another process to access the GPU (another AVS that uses the cuvidserver) (I know its not working yet) then shutting down the cuvidserver afterwards using the right click and exit it will hang and properly give this error when trying to start the cuvidserver again, then only a reboot will work. Not sure if this can be reproduce, but I will try if I can 'break' it again and give an update.
Old 26th August 2009, 15:11   #269  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varies View Post
I had a problem with detect/demux AAC stream from TS and PCM stream from VOB, however non-nv DGIndex detect it fine.
For the AAC in TS, it should be working, post a link to an unprocessed source sample. For the PCM in VOB, it's not supported yet. I will add it.

Quote:
Why I should crop 4 pixels, if I have a blackborder 0.5-1 px?
you may write cropping like in BilinearResize(864,480,1,2,-3,-1) ?
You may crop/resize as you like on GPU or CPU; nobody is holding a gun to your head. But if you want to use GPU resizing, then you typically need to do the cropping on the GPU too, so that it happens before the resizing. I am limited to what the NVCUVID API supports for cropping functionality.
Old 26th August 2009, 15:18   #270  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efenstor View Post
P.S.: it's about the audio sync problem, if you remember.
I had a similar problem with all the M2TSs on Ratatouille BD. Each M2TS has slightly different audio/video lengths and that accumulates as the movie plays. I finally did a timestretch on the full audio track but that is obviously a kludge. I'll have to think about how to handle such cases.
Old 26th August 2009, 15:37   #271  |  Link
Varies

Link to an unprocessed source sample where not detected AAC stream
Old 26th August 2009, 15:53   #272  |  Link
GZZ

An update to my isssue, I got the error:
Quote:
ERROR: cuInit failed (100)
when I tested it from working using remote desktop (windows XP built in remote desktop), know when I'm home its working just fine again. Not sure if its related to this one:
Quote:
I'd appreciate hearing whether screensaver/standby activation still cause problems.
Old 28th August 2009, 02:04   #273  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ekno View Post
I am also having issues with "AVCHDlite" streams from Panasonic ...
OK, I figured it out. It's pretty simple. The frame duplication is signalled with pic timing SEIs with a frame structure 7, which means frame doubling. I currently don't support that, so until I do, the script workarounds I gave are fine.
Old 29th August 2009, 06:55   #274  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revgen View Post
DGMPGIndexNV is not properly indexing the VOB files from my Dance Fools Dance dvd. DGIndex is doing it correctly. The video is 144793 frames, but virtualdub only loads 144389 frames from the .dgm file.
My DVD arrived. That's a cool movie!

Anyway, the problem was that the stream contains lots of instances of declared video pes packets but with no payload. After the video start code, instead of some video data in the packet, the packet just ends with nothing and there is a stuffing packet instead. This is highly unusual (otherwise we'd have heard about it before now). Anyway, it was easy to add a check for no payload (as in DGIndex) and just skip it. With that fix, the number of frames reported is 144793 as expected.

The fix will be in the next beta, which is imminent.
Old 29th August 2009, 15:47   #275  |  Link

NV beta 9

NV beta 9 is released. It has a lot of fixes.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdecnv/NVbeta9.zip

Have you guys noticed how the CPU utilization is way down with D3D-less operation? I use 2-4% on a full HD decode, where before I had 14-15%. DGIndex maxs out one core.

Last edited by Guest; 29th August 2009 at 16:24.
Old 29th August 2009, 20:45   #276  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Re: "Dance Fools Dance":

Quote:
And a cool response--I'm impressed, you bought the movie and fixed the problem already!!!

I'd thought those "On Demand" Warner DVDs were made "on demand" i.e. not stocked yet you got it in 4 days!? Very slick, I will have to look more closely at their website.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 21:10   #277  |  Link
creamyhorror

Thanks, going to try it out...tomorrow morning.
creamyhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 23:53   #278  |  Link
GZZ

I really like the "Multiple instance are not allowed" so it dosnt kill the cuvidserver when its already processing a movie. Looking forward to a beta with multiple instance allowed. But the current warning is great for the time being.
Old 30th August 2009, 01:11   #279  |  Link

Please re-download beta 9 as the info log feature was busted in all the indexers.

@laserfan

I was shocked to see it arrive so fast too. And by snail mail. Took me 8 hours to debug. I went down a lot of false paths until I realized some video PES packets were empty.

@GZZ

Glad you like that check. Naughty of you to make it happen, though. You should obey my warnings!

@all

BTW, I added LPCM audio support (demux to synced WAV as in DGIndex) to DGMPGDecNV for program streams (typically VOBs).

Last edited by Guest; 30th August 2009 at 01:14.
Old 30th August 2009, 08:06   #280  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:

Anyway, the problem was that the stream contains lots of instances of declared video pes packets but with no payload. After the video start code, instead of some video data in the packet, the packet just ends with nothing and there is a stuffing packet instead. This is highly unusual (otherwise we'd have heard about it before now). Anyway, it was easy to add a check for no payload (as in DGIndex) and just skip it. With that fix, the number of frames reported is 144793 as expected.

The fix will be in the next beta, which is imminent.
I'm glad you liked the movie. Not too bad for an early talkie.

The fix works on my end too, so that's good.

These discs aren't conventional discs, so I'm not too surprised that they have errors that you wouldn't expect from traditional commercial DVD's. I will be getting more WB Archive titles, so hopefully there aren't anymore problems.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.

Last edited by Revgen; 30th August 2009 at 08:15.
Revgen is offline   Reply With Quote