Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th February 2002, 09:05   #1  |  Link
hippo1001uk

Audio Out Of Sync (HELP)

Hi all,
Just to say that the forum here is one of the best ive seen so far...
At the moment I need some help or more to the matter some guidance with sorting out the sync for the audio when I play discs through my standalone player (Pacific 1000) it seem that the audio is about 2 seconds infront of the video and that it gets more out of sync as you watch the movie, if I reset the player by going into the options then back to the movie its ok for a while then again the audio goes out of sync.... I can watch all the rips that have done so far through the computer without any loss of sync... the forum is a great place to find answers to many problems and believe me ive looked and tried what ive seen so far ive adjusted the audio settings also the amount of passes im using the latest build for dvd2svcd (great bit of kit) ive also used other svcd disc not done by myself and they work with no problem so that would lead me to belive that the player is ok and that it is something that im doing (the lift does not go all the way to the top SORRY) ive checked the spec and svcd is supported ok the system im using is
athelon 1.4, 40 gig hd, 512ram, ati radeon,
dvd2svcd build 3 (with no problems)
not sure if this is all the info that is required !!!
if any one can shead some light id be greatful
thx in advance Hippo
hippo1001uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2002, 10:42   #2  |  Link
jaay

firstly you say your tried other svcds on your player and they worked fine - were they better quality cd-rs than you used yourself? what were you're bitrate settings etc. in dvd2svcd as some standalone dont like the max bitrates svcd can handle, sticking below 2200 as an average produces good results i have found. also what is your source movie? i encoded an oasis video and the audio was out on sync on my standalone - but was fixed after i deinterlaced the movie and the standalone was having difficulty playing the first few seconds of video so skipped them - giving an out of sync movie.
jaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2002, 12:04   #3  |  Link
hippo1001uk

hi jaay,

Thanks for the reply ill try setting the bitrate to the one that you propose.. as for the media they are same brand as the ones supplied as the movies that I have done some have been taken from the newsgroups and some supplied from friend and I burn them with a plex 16/10/40a at x4... the sorce for th e rips I use dvd`s to take from both R1 R2 I have also set a partition for the mpg`s to go to which I defrag ,,, I use the defaults normaly from the settings on dvd2svcd as im new to this (quite good with divx) but I dont normaly deinterlace the movie there could be another possibility to try (just wish it didnt take so much time for the result) on the next try would it be worth posting the log???

thx again Hippo
Old 6th February 2002, 12:59   #4  |  Link
jaay

just thought id mention hat you only need to deinterlace R2 pal movies. good luck!
jaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2002, 13:24   #5  |  Link
hippo1001uk

Cheers M8 ill post if I find out what the problem is
thx Hippo
Old 6th February 2002, 14:26   #6  |  Link
xrv1138

hippo
you can try processing only one chapter and less passes to test and use a cd-rw if your player can handle it to reduce the time for testing purposes
also its a remote possibility that your player will only play svcds that are in spec
might want to try downsampling the audio
xrv1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2002, 20:10   #7  |  Link
hippo1001uk

hi all,
just a update,, after long hours and much adjusting of bitrate coding even using a different encoder to rip and encode the .vob files and still to no success,,, tried the disc that i had done on a friends machine which was different from my own it turned out that the standalone player would only play svcd`s that were produced to the exact spec of the player as the films that i have done workrd great without any problem in his machine,, so with only buying the player not long ago returned it back and exchanged it for a different model
so this all goes to show its always best to check all routes that are avalible,,, so again thanks again to all who helped and to all that looked at the thread as i said the lift some times dont go all the way to the top it may get there but with a few stops on the way there
so many thanks to all and to dvd2svcd for producing a great front end for a great way of spending a few evenings ho ho lol

Hippo