Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st January 2002, 13:54   #1  |  Link
mikeathome

Maestro - Button Navigation

... Maestro drives me crazy with the following scenario

- simple project Authored, just a few items
- simple menu with only a few buttons
- burned with Pioneer A03 and PrimoDVD
- DVD-R recognized and Menu displayed in all DVD Players I tested (Pioneer 646, SEG, Yamakawa, Onkyo)

- NAVIGATION DOES NOT WORK !

- I can directly jump to the buttons using numeric keys/button number on the remote controls
- skip, wind everything works

BUT

- the Left/Right/Up/Down menu selection on the remote controls don't work
- on the PC I can use the Arrow Keys and I works

I normally use Auto Assign Navigation, so every button gets 4 links (Left/Right/Up/Down)

Why the hell I can use the navigation on the PC and the direct numeric jump but not the navigational keys on a remote of a consumer standalone DVD player?

What the heck is going on here ???

mike

P.S.
Maestro Version is a regular 2914c !
mikeathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2002, 15:45   #2  |  Link
Taxidermista

Have you tried manual assign and recompile? I always use manual assignment and never have this problem.

BTW Mike, thanks a lot for your tips about SUBRIP-to-MAESTRO subtitle conversion, without them I hadn't any chance to write that program.
Taxidermista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2002, 16:48   #3  |  Link
mikeathome

SOLVED !!!

Hi,

sorry that I bored you with my stupidness, you see me crying about a DVD-R coaster I've created.

If you are interested here is the story:

- I created everything in a first draw
- I did Autoassign
- I tested everything = fine
- decided to add another button / content credits
- I did change the Menu first button, the one which is selected when entering the menu (in navigation) to this new button => play credits first (nice idea huh) !!!
- I compiled everything
- I burned it with A03 on a MEMOREX (2x), nice media btw.

Q: Do you know what that means, sure you do...

I forgot to set navigation for the new add'l button -> this creates automatically a dead link where you don't come out.

Why I did'n find that on the PC, well if you go with the mouse over the menü, automatically the active buttons will be selected, somehow I must have come out of the dead link.

So what have you learned from this:
DON'T DO CREDITS !!!

@TAXIDAMISTA:
Yeah, I should have done this, you know, check everything twice, from time to time I think I become paranoid with this stuff ;-)

Very nice to hear that you did this SubRip Stuff, well done.
BTW. does anybody know the coder of ChapterExtractor ? It would be a great help to have 1 (one) new format string (%%ff) which is nothing else than %%cc x fps/100, you know the cents (100ms) multiplied by the framerate (25fps or 29.97fps) which would result automatically in the Maestro format hh:mm:ss:ff (ff = 1-24 PAL 25fps). In the mo I have to do that manually. T2 uh 80 chapters !

mike
mikeathome is offline   Reply With Quote