Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th December 2002, 19:20   #1  |  Link
Karnak2k

ANY software free/share/buy to join MPEG2 with audio sync?

Does anyone know of any program out there that will join MPEG2 files and keep the the audio and video synced? I don't care if it's freeware, shareware, or wallet gouger, I'd just like to know if anyone has used a program that does that. I currently use this tedious process to get my video synced

1. Join 2 mpeg2s in Tmpgenc
2. Demux into m2v and mp2 and delete mp2.
3. Demux mp2 audio from individual mpeg2 files
4. Combine previous mp2 files in GoldWave into a wav file and insert neccessary silence to sync back audio (takes some fiddling to get right)
5. Convert wav back to mp2
6. Author with SpruceUp

Considering what computers can do today, it seems odd that this would be a major problem. I've heard that Ulead VideoStudio 6 can do this? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Karnak2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2002, 19:59   #2  |  Link
jshumate

I really don't recommend using TMPGenc for editing. Many people have audio sync problems when they use it. One alternative is to use the MPEG2VCR program. Go to http://www.womble.com for info. If you use it correctly, you should not have audio sync issues, but if you do, the muxer has an option to move the sound forward or backwards a specified amount in the mux. I've been able to fix all kinds of thorny a/v sync issues that way. You don't tell us what your source is, but I used to use my ATI card for making SVCDs and I used to have all kinds of sync problems with video I recorded with it. The newest release of ATI's software may fix those problem - don't know. I was tired of dealing with it and bought the Dazzle DVC II to use instead. MPEG2VCR is VERY expensive - $250 US - unless you find it at a warez site. What you were doing must really be time consuming, but I admire you for finding a way to solve your problem.
jshumate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2002, 19:12   #3  |  Link
htc10825
Gladiator

Since years I've used the M2-Edit Pro to edit(cut,join,insert titles/text) the mpeg2/mpeg1 streams(DVB TV-capture/record, VCD/SVCD compilation, also VBR, or from internet, or self-encoded). But this software is not cheap. So if you are a student or so you'd bette go with a search in eDonkey(of cause for testing only!).

Last edited by htc10825; 18th December 2002 at 19:21.
htc10825 is offline   Reply With Quote