Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 23rd March 2008, 02:14   #1001  |  Link
west

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Why do you convert mkv with mkv2vob??????? Use m2ts from bluray structure instead. (I assume you have PS3). Log file should be in /Logs Directory
I am trying to stream to the ps3 via tversity... it does not recognize m2ts (from wut i kno) and when u do just change the container to say mpeg i get picture that pixelates and breakes up... and i also dont get the audio desired... the audio is in highdef and not compatible with the streaming capabilities of the ps3.. thus that is y i use mkv2vob... unless there is another option i have failed to acknowledge please fill me in... thanks for your help

heres the log i got for converting the m2ts to mkv:

C:\>"C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Desktop\rb\tools\x264\x264.exe"
"C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 1 --bitrate 1024 --stats "C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --bframes 3 --direct auto --subme 2 --analyse none --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 23.98 fps (692 frames)

x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 Cache64

encoded frames: 1/692 (0.1%), 5.35 fps, eta 0:02:09

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

C:\>"C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Desktop\rb\tools\x264\x264.exe"
"C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 2 --bitrate 1024 --stats "C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 23.98 fps (692 frames)

x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 Cache64

x264 [error]: ratecontrol_init: can't open stats file

x264 [error]: x264_encoder_open failed

C:\>"C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Desktop\rb\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\My Documents\Downloads\xx\BDMV\STREAM\00020.mkv" --default-duration 0:23.976fps -d 0 -A -S "C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" --sync 0:0 -a 0 -D -S "C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.dga PID 1100 C+L+R+SL+SR 48 1536.dts" --track-order 0:0,1:0

mkvmerge v2.1.0 ('Another Place To Fall') built on Aug 19 2007 13:45:12

Error: The file 'C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' has unknown type. Please have a look at the supported file types ('mkvmerge --list-types') and contact the author Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org> if your file type is supported but not recognized properly.

Last edited by west; 23rd March 2008 at 04:06. Reason: log
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 03:01   #1002  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Ok the latest and last installer for RipBot264 is up enjoy...

As my signature says I have gotten a developer position at my job so I wont be making installers anymore...
Old 23rd March 2008, 03:58   #1003  |  Link
deets

aww thats bad news for us but good news for you

a quick Q regarding ripbot, can it make an mp4 that plays on both psp and ipod? someone asked me if they could use it to make just the one file for both devices and i have no clue
deets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 04:41   #1004  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ yes it does. the iPod version should play in PSP too.
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 07:32   #1005  |  Link
xaero

hello again Atak_Snajpera.

i ran into another problem.. im not good at this kinda stuff so please bear with me.. >.<

i tried to encode this file :
http://freetexthost.com/o43cnswtfv

but everytime i do so, mpc pops up and give me this :
Quote:
DirectShowSource: couldn't open file E:\<titleofvideofile-h264.aac>.mkv:
No combination of filter could be found to render the stream.
(C:\DOCUME~1\Xaero\LOCAS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 1)
i tried to remux it with mmg but i got the same error...
xaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 07:44   #1006  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Install/Reinstall FFDSHow and Haali Media Splitter

Quote:
I noticed you are the creator of that nice little "MediaInfo" application. Great work! As you are the Author of this, I thought maybe you could do the following...
I'm not MediInfo author.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 10:11   #1007  |  Link
IYG

I have a question.
When I reduce the resolution, with the same file size why doesn't the bit rate increase?
IYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 11:45   #1008  |  Link
Ryu77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera
I'm not MediInfo author.
Yes, I just realised that you created a GUI for that app but Zenitram is the actual Author of that application.

I know that we can look at that MediaInfo application to see what encoding options are enabled in the h264 file. From there we can identify it's "true" level. It would be nice to have an application that could automate this though.

Something that could just scan a h264 file and state if it is Blu-ray stand alone/PS3 compatible or not.

Hmmm... I wish I knew how to create software. Atak, where can I start to learn about acquiring such a skill like yours?
Ryu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 13:48   #1009  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYG View Post
I have a question.
When I reduce the resolution, with the same file size why doesn't the bit rate increase?
coz its not supposed to. that's not how things work.
Old 23rd March 2008, 13:50   #1010  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu77 View Post
Yes, I just realised that you created a GUI for that app but Zenitram is the actual Author of that application.

I know that we can look at that MediaInfo application to see what encoding options are enabled in the h264 file. From there we can identify it's "true" level. It would be nice to have an application that could automate this though.

Something that could just scan a h264 file and state if it is Blu-ray stand alone/PS3 compatible or not.

Hmmm... I wish I knew how to create software. Atak, where can I start to learn about acquiring such a skill like yours?
doesn't avinaptic work? and which gui did Atak make for Zenitram
Old 23rd March 2008, 16:00   #1011  |  Link
Ryu77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~bT~ View Post
doesn't avinaptic work? and which gui did Atak make for Zenitram
What does avinaptic do? I am looking for a tool that scans a h264 file and even if it is tagged or encoded in the 5.1 level profile, it can identify if it can indeed be tagged as 4.1 and fit into that profile correctly?

In other words something that can identify the h264 streams true profile level by scanning the encoding options used, not something that simply reads the metadata.

For example... We can change the metadata to label a h264 stream as baseline profile, level 3.0 (or below) but that doesn't mean it will play on an iPod. Changing the metadata, doesn't "make" it fit into that profile.

Atak made a GUI for MediaInfo as I mentioned. Atak's GUI is labelled MediaInfoRaw...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...68#post1097168
Old 23rd March 2008, 17:16   #1012  |  Link
survivant001

@Atak_Snajpera

another requests for you .. with theses you won't sleep soon

#1 - be able to add multiple audio track (was requested by me few days ago. I have a mkv in english and french. I want to create a bluray with the two audio track)

#2 - when you detect audio track in a mkv, if you found subtitles, extract them too and add a option in the main menu, not in the properties(now we have to extract them manually and import them manually)

#3 - support tsmuxer 1.6b (it had the split file .. yéééé)

#4 - be able to add multiple input in the same bluray output. Liek include job 1,job2,job3,job5 into one output (a new option in the jobs list screen). It will be really usefull for anime bluray.

#5 - add a feature in the .ini. Like Last avs script line. Like that you could add filters into the avs and it's only for advanced users
survivant001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:18   #1013  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
#2 - when you detect audio track in a mkv, if you found subtitles, extract them too and add a option in the main menu, not in the properties(now we have to extract them manually and import them manually)
I've noticed that Roman is going to implement srt support in near future so this feature will get the highest priority.

Quote:
#5 - add a feature in the .ini. Like Last avs script line. Like that you could add filters into the avs and it's only for advanced users
This should be easy to implement.

Quote:
#3 - support tsmuxer 1.6b (it had the split file .. yéééé)
I still see no reason for doing that. If you want to split file use TSMuxer directly.

Quote:
#1 - be able to add multiple audio track (was requested by me few days ago. I have a mkv in english and french. I want to create a bluray with the two audio track)
Why do you need two audio tracks in HD rip?

Quote:
Atak, where can I start to learn about acquiring such a skill like yours?
Do not overestimate me I started my adventure with Delphi after high school. Before that I was playing in basic on my ancient C64 Good old days.
Old 24th March 2008, 00:06   #1014  |  Link
survivant001

Quote:
I still see no reason for doing that. If you want to split file use TSMuxer directly.
it's really important for me. in tsmuxer 1.6b Roman had the feature that I requested. the 000001.m2ts can be split into smaller files. Really usefull when you want to copy the ouput on a FAT32 system. it's all done by tsmuxer, but you have to pass the parameters.

--split-size=4GB

Quote:
Why do you need two audio tracks in HD rip?
why.. easy. I speak french. I almost always watch movies in there original release. English in english, french in french and jap in jap subtitle

but I'm not only here. so when I got a movie with dual audio track, I want to keep them both. Right now the only option is to burn 2 DVD, one with each track... ok with tsmuxer I can include them both, but that's mean I'll have to do job1 in english, after that job2 in french.. but kill the process just after the audio encoding. mux them manually..
Old 24th March 2008, 00:42   #1015  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
it's really important for me. in tsmuxer 1.6b Roman had the feature that I requested. the 000001.m2ts can be split into smaller files. Really usefull when you want to copy the ouput on a FAT32 system. it's all done by tsmuxer, but you have to pass the parameters.

--split-size=4GB
All right. --split-size=4GiB will be always added in next version.

Quote:
why.. easy. I speak french. I almost always watch movies in there original release. English in english, french in french and jap in jap subtitle

but I'm not only here. so when I got a movie with dual audio track, I want to keep them both. Right now the only option is to burn 2 DVD, one with each track... ok with tsmuxer I can include them both, but that's mean I'll have to do job1 in english, after that job2 in french.. but kill the process just after the audio encoding. mux them manually..
survivant001 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote
This must wait because multi subtitles support is more important for me at the moment.
Old 24th March 2008, 00:59   #1016  |  Link
Ryu77

Quote:
Do not overestimate me I started my adventure with Delphi after high school. Before that I was playing in basic on my ancient C64 Good old days.
LOL! Yes, me too. I remember playing around in basic on my good old Commodore 64, since then though I haven't learnt anything at all about Authoring/Programming/Developing (whichever is the best word). I wouldn't know where to start on a Windows PC... Is Delphi a good starting point?
Old 24th March 2008, 01:57   #1017  |  Link
survivant001

Quote:
This must wait because multi subtitles support is more important for me at the moment.
exactly.. I still can mux the few movies that I have manually
Old 24th March 2008, 19:16   #1018  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivant001 View Post
this you can already do. hit properties & just edit away unless you're talking about using the same line every time automatically.
Old 24th March 2008, 19:55   #1019  |  Link
ajamils

Yesterday, I converted Transformers 1080p to mp4. Original file was about 13Gb but after the conversion the mp4 file ended up being 1.5 GB only and when I played it on Ps3 it looked HORRIBLE with lots of microblocking and tearing.

What did I do wrong ?
ajamils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 20:01   #1020  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
What did I do wrong ?
You used default bitrate

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360