Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 19th March 2005, 18:03   #1  |  Link
N3m1515

Layer Cake - Major Problems, please help!

Hi.

After big issues with ripping it, solved by LightningUK (thanks), I am now having major probs doing anything with DVD2AVI on this movie.

The problems are mainly to do with demuxxing the audio, I want to keep the main menu and basic dvd structure also.

I have managed to demux some ac3 but one was labelled 1+1 32kbps, which was strange, and although the correct length (same as video) it would not play in Mplayer etc. However I was able to demux another file (in DVD2AVI) if I started the prog after the first vobID. This file though had an audio delay of 7799ms!!

Rejig would not demux in IFO or FILE mode.

DVDShrink will open and accept the files as will IC7 but I want to do it the best way I can.

Does anyone have any workarounds/solutions to this.

I have yet to try demuxxing from the DVD with DVD Decrypter but I am not sure that will make all that difference.

Driving me nuts!!!

Thanks.
N3m1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2005, 23:12   #2  |  Link
mrslacker
Junior Slacker

I'm not clear on your DVD2AVI proceedures or how you intend to process the disc (big3?), but if you want to demux, try PgcDemux by jsoto. Since this is the DVD authoring forum, I'm assuming you want to reauthor this disc keeping the menus and the movie, like you said. In that case, I'd make my life easy with PgcEdit/VobBlanker + DVD Rebuilder. The newest beta of PgcEdit even has a very capable menu editor!
mrslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2005, 01:30   #3  |  Link
bourtzovlakas
dvd.stuff.gr moderator

I had the same problems with this movie.
It's because this disk is ARccOS protected...
All i wanted to do was to add subtitles in my native language...
Here is what i did...
I ripped the movie with DVD Decrypter, in IFO mode(make sure to un-check the first 9 cells).
Then i demuxed the streams using VobEdit...
Then i produced an AC3 silence file with the audio delay of 7800 msec, using this great tool... http://www.videohelp.com/~jsoto/tool...e_1101_exe.zip
from jsoto.
Then i remuxed using Muxman, with this audio order: silence.ac3->movie.ac3...
...and everything turned out perfect.....
bourtzovlakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2005, 01:28   #4  |  Link
Comus

I had problems with some movies (Resident evil Apocolypes) that when I tried to copy them using dvd shrink 3.2 came up with an error message and that it couldn't analyse the disk content and so couldn't copy the disk. I came to realise that there are some blank movie cells added to the start of these movies which stop any kind of copying and made an error appear.

My way around this was to use an earlier version of DVD shrink 1.03 which doesn't analyse the disk to start with but allows you to re-author the disk first. Which I did, and selected the re-author button, selected the main movie but then selected the crop tool. I then clicked next chapter to jump from the start of the blank cells to chapter 2 within the film. I then pressed the rewind button (not chapter back key) to go back to where the actual movie starts cutting out these blank cells which cause the errors. I then continued as normal to copy the movie without any errors.
Comus is offline   Reply With Quote