Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 19th November 2009, 15:13   #581  |  Link
whatever-ever

I have a problem I'm not sure from where.

I have an AVS like so:
Quote:
LoadPlugin("DGMultiDecodeNV.dll")
part1=DGMultiSource("1.dgm")
part2=DGMultiSource("2.dgm")
part3=DGMultiSource("3.dgm")
part4=DGMultiSource("4.dgm")
part5=DGMultiSource("5.dgm")
part6=DGMultiSource("6.dgm")
part7=DGMultiSource("7.dgm")
part8=DGMultiSource("8.dgm")
part9=DGMultiSource("9.dgm")
part10=DGMultiSource("10.dgm")
part11=DGMultiSource("11.dgm")
part12=DGMultiSource("12.dgm")
part13=DGMultiSource("13.dgm")
part14=DGMultiSource("14.dgm")
UnalignedSplice(part1,part2,part3,part4,part5,part6,part7,part8,part9,part10,part11,part12,part13,part14)
(it was originally longer, as I am putting together a small film project, but 14 seems to be enough to illustrate my problem)

While this AVS plays without any trouble in VLC - and opens/seeks in VirtualDub - it can not be compressed when I save it to XviD (nor x264). Both encoders fail about the same time as part14 begins.

The error I recieve is "Failed to create video decoder (100)."

I use DGIndexNV 2 beta 3. The video sources are all MPEG2 (which can all be encoded individually, and even with AVS of part1 to part13).

Maybe it's an AviSynth problem, maybe it's XviD/x264. I'm just posting in case this has something to do with DGIndexNV, or in case anyone has experienced the same and has resolved the issue.

Cheers.

Last edited by whatever-ever; 19th November 2009 at 15:14. Reason: forgot the word "sure" in line 1 ;)
whatever-ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 15:29   #582  |  Link

There's a limit on the number of times you can instantiate DGMultiSource(), because each one consumes memory on the graphics card. The limit is determined by the frame size and the amount of memory on your graphics card. To be honest I'm amazed you made it up to 14. What is the frame size?

Anyway, you say it plays OK in VirtualDub but not when encoding. The only thing I can thing of is that somehow encoding consumes some extra GPU memory.

For lots of segments like that it would be preferable to load all the source files and make a single project and do things with trims in your script.

Last edited by Guest; 19th November 2009 at 15:31.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 15:49   #583  |  Link
whatever-ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
There's a limit on the number of times you can instantiate DGMultiSource(), because each one consumes memory on the graphics card. The limit is determined by the frame size and the amount of memory on your graphics card. To be honest I'm amazed you made it up to 14. What is the frame size?

Anyway, you say it plays OK in VirtualDub but not when encoding. The only thing I can thing of is that somehow encoding consumes some extra GPU memory.

For lots of segments like that it would be preferable to load all the source files and make a single project and do things with trims in your script.
It has 1GB ram. I hear your point, however I am not sure if it would work if I use trim() on some sources, e.g. part1=part1.trim(0,50) and then do part2=part2.trim(0,50). That would cause problems, wouldn't it?

Or is there some "trim" in .dgm that I've been completely oblivious to?

Thanks for the quick reply
Old 19th November 2009, 16:09   #584  |  Link

vid=DGMultiSource("fullproject.dgm")
aud=
stream=AudioDub(vid,aud)
part1=trim(stream,0,50)
part2=trim(stream,100,150)
return part1++part2
Old 19th November 2009, 16:44   #585  |  Link
whatever-ever

Sorry, what i meant was, it is multiple MPEG2s. Do you mean that the dgm has all files included and then part2 = trim(stream,<number of frames in part1>+x,<number of frames in part1>+y) if part2 was normally trimmed like trim(stream,x,y) ?
Old 19th November 2009, 17:05   #586  |  Link

What else could I have meant?
Old 19th November 2009, 23:28   #587  |  Link
VincAlastor

Quote:
Why don't you ask Kurtnoise about it?
he hasn't time. is there any gui which works with dgdecnv tools? i can't get it to run in staxrip. i need your support...

Last edited by VincAlastor; 19th November 2009 at 23:35.
VincAlastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 23:47   #588  |  Link

You can use Lord_MulderR's simple GUI. I've been using that with some local mods of my own.
Old 20th November 2009, 03:11   #589  |  Link
stax76

There is one issue in StaxRip I've recently discovered due to feedback by a user trying to config StaxRip to use NV tools. Unfortunately I can't test it myself as I've a ATI 2400 card.

In case of dga files StaxRip checks if avcsource is present and if it's not it changes the source filter to avcsource. You can workaround this by editing the source filter and add avcsource as comment, here is what a profile would look like:

[Source]
AVC = #AVCSource%newline%DGDecode("%source_file%")

Instead of using this workaround you could also use a new build which fixes it:

http://www.stax76.bplaced.net/files/...a_preview_1.7z

It will reset/overwrite lot's of profiles so you might want to use the Import/Export feature in the profiles dialog.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 16:59   #590  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
You can use Lord_MulderR's simple GUI. I've been using that with some local mods of my own.
Hmmm are you talking about Avidemux? Or another (avidemux doesn't look simple to me)?
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 18:17   #591  |  Link

This one:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144140

Don't be confused, it works in a pure win32 environment as well.
Old 21st November 2009, 02:50   #592  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:

This one:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144140

Don't be confused, it works in a pure win32 environment as well.
Thanks, I'm gonna try it...
Old 21st November 2009, 05:03   #593  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post

I found out that if I minimize DGIndexNV it finishes the same set of vob's in 2:48 a huge improvement. I tried disabling display while the screen was showing and it made no difference. This is with Windows 7 x64. Any idea why minimizing DGIndexNV has such an impact?
I notice the exact same thing on Windows 7 x64, minimizing gives you a major performance increase.
Jeff Flowerday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 18:33   #594  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

CUVIDServer anomaly, or x264?

Using 2.0.0 beta 3, I just noticed that I can get CUVIDServer to stop working, by closing x264's command window (clicking on "X" close button) while it's running:

1. Make a .dga and create an avs e.g.

DGSource("videoIN.dga")

My DGDecodeNV.dll is in the Avisynth plugins folder.

2. Use this in an x264 command (mine 1342Modified)

3. After x264 processing has begun, click the X box to close the window (the x264 task stops according to Task Manager)

4. Try to restart the process by running the x264 command again; it hangs/stops after four [info] lines, and creating videoIN.stats.mbtree.temp and videoIN.stats.temp files (zero bytes). The window is open but there's zero CPU activity i.e. nothing happening.

If I next try to open the .avs with Vdub, well I get a blank Vdub window i.e. it does not open and is "hung" as well, with an hourglass i.e. I have to CTL-ALT-DEL to kill it.

Closing CUVIDServer and re-running it allows everything to work again. Note this only occurs when I close the x264 window while running. If I abort the x264 process by doing a CTRL-C and Y to "Terminate Batch job Y/N?" then I can re-start the process no problem.

Yeah this is (for me anyway) one of those "Doctor, it hurts when I do this. (Well, then Don't Do That!)" i.e. I can avoid the problem by not clicking the cmd.exe window's Close box. But thought I'd asked if anyone else has noticed the same behavior. Using XP Pro x64 here, but 32-bit x264.
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:20   #595  |  Link

At one point I had a timeout to detect that but it was kicking in when it shouldn't, so I removed it. My advice is "Don't do that."
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:46   #596  |  Link
GZZ

why not use the DGMultiSource, then you dont have to play around with CUVIDServer. I havent had one single issue since I started to use DGMultisource instead..
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 23:31   #597  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
My advice is "Don't do that."
I'm fine with that! Just glad I wasn't "seeing things"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
why not use the DGMultiSource, then you dont have to play around with CUVIDServer. I havent had one single issue since I started to use DGMultisource instead..
Good idea, though I wonder--DG do you use/recommend also? I mean, is DGMultiSource "the future" ie. I should be beating-up on that dll as much as possible anyway?
Old 23rd November 2009, 01:50   #598  |  Link

The CUVID Server was a hack to support MEGUI's bizarre script opening strategy. As MEGUI is now showing new issues with the NV tools, which nobody seems to have any time to address, I can't recommend MEGUI. And when that goes away, DGMultiSource() becomes the preferred solution. I always go to it for my needs.
Old 23rd November 2009, 08:35   #599  |  Link
VincAlastor

staxrip works with dgdecNV, now. great job stax76. thank you
VincAlastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:49   #600  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
The CUVID Server was a hack to support MEGUI's bizarre script opening strategy... DGMultiSource() becomes the preferred solution. I always go to it for my needs.
Thanks! I use my own .cmd files and not MeGUI.

Changing my templates to use DGMultiSource()...