Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 8th August 2008, 08:09   #1  |  Link
czerro

Simple Program for Restructering MPEG-2 Stream to DVD file system without Re-Encoding

This seems so basic but I am having a real headache finding a program that will author an mpeg2 file to dvd file structure. There are many authoring solutions, but I really like HCencoder for actual encoding. I tried Tmpgenc DVD Author, which of course will not allow me to simply import a DVD-compliant mpeg-2 stream and restructure it into a correct formatting for DVD burning. You are always forced to reencode using DVD Authors Encoder. Is there anything freeware or fairly cheap outside of a high level professional grade software, that can reformat an mpeg-2 stream without re-encoding.
czerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 09:04   #2  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Muxman

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 11:14   #3  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by czerro View Post
This seems so basic but I am having a real headache finding a program that will author an mpeg2 file to dvd file structure. There are many authoring solutions, but I really like HCencoder for actual encoding. I tried Tmpgenc DVD Author, which of course will not allow me to simply import a DVD-compliant mpeg-2 stream and restructure it into a correct formatting for DVD burning. You are always forced to reencode using DVD Authors Encoder. Is there anything freeware or fairly cheap outside of a high level professional grade software, that can reformat an mpeg-2 stream without re-encoding.
If the mpeg2 stream is really DVD compliant, TDA should accept it without re-encode.

If you want to try a different (and free) solution, you can try AVStoDVD, which retains mpeg2 DVD compliant streams and uses MuxMan as authoring sw. Latest alpha release supports menu creation. See link in my signature.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 20:05   #4  |  Link
czerro

Thank you for quick replies.
czerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 02:04   #5  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!

You might also look into DVD Flick...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 06:55   #6  |  Link
pc_speak
Old Batch Hacker

DVDStyler usually gets it's knickers in a knot with my captures using Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP.
I've gotten into the habit of demuxing-remuxing all my captures before dropping them into DVDStyler.
All required files are in the DVDStyler download. The batch file doesn't cover all scenarios, obviously. Works for me.

Code:
@echo off
"c:\vidaud\dvdstyler\dvdauthor\mpgtx" -X -f -d "clip.mpg" -b "clip"

if exist "*.m1v" set vid=m1v
if exist "*.m2v" set vid=m2v
if exist "*.mp2" set aud=mp2
if exist "*.ac3" set aud=ac3

"c:\vidaud\dvdstyler\dvdauthor\mplex" -f 8 -V -o "clip-0.mpg" "clip-0.%vid%" "clip-0.%aud%"

echo. && echo Finished!  Press any key to exit.... && pause>nul
::"c:\vidaud\dvdstyler\bin\dvdstyler.exe"
:eof
pc_speak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 03:46   #7  |  Link
olyteddy

I split and re-time my Hauppauge captures using PVA Strumento, then author with GUI for DVD Author, using MuxMan.
olyteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 08:03   #8  |  Link
PhillipWyllie

Put your MPEG thro' ProjectX to fix any errors and look at the log to see if there are any GOPs that are too big. If there are any then run the MPEG2 thro' womble using the MPEG fixer tool. This will re-encode the offending GOPs.