Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 21st May 2007, 17:47   #1  |  Link
Master Yoda

Other DVD Authoring Program Options

I looking after getting another dvd authoring program for basic stuff like dvb-t recordings.

At the moment i use Tmpgenc author 1.6, but now im after something that can...

A. Give me some more option reguarding menu layouts e.g. when create a menu in tmp on the front menu you can have play all or you click the episode then it goes to a chapter select with a button there to play. What i am after if possible is something where on the main menu i can have a play all, chapter selection, maybe a episode selection and the option for a extras button.

B. At the same time as more control on button layouts i would like it to be at least as near a simply as tmp is in reguards to me not have to create buttons and manually link stuff.

C. Be able to create WS menus.

I have tried the new tmp author but that bug me as it tried re-encoding stuff that was perfectly fine
Master Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 18:52   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!

TMPGEnc DVD Author v.1.6 appears to already have the menu format you're seeking - It's the "Doubletrack" menu format...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 23:29   #3  |  Link
Master Yoda

Yes it does have the doubletrack one but that is a pre programed menu. If createing a new theme wont let you do that.

Also with that doubletrack it only has two buttons, i would'nt mind being about to have say those two but then a 3 button that has episode selection then when you click on that instead of chapters you get the episodes click on the one you want and it plays it.

Plus there still only 4.3 menus, im now really after WS
Old 22nd May 2007, 07:35   #4  |  Link
setarip_old

If you add each episode as "Add new track", any of the presets, as well as any new theme, should allow you to do what you've stated...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 21:34   #5  |  Link
Master Yoda

Sorry to bump this but even creating a new theme with the presets there it wont let me have a play all and episode button it will always have the episodes on the front page, i can not have more than two buttons on the main page and there is no option to create a widesreen menu.

So im still after something thats better and can do more but not as complex as scenarist.