Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 8th May 2004, 09:25   #21  |  Link
calinb

Quote:
Originally posted by Nic
http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/04/0...id=185&tid=188

Has a small "Update" in the message, which almost hints that perhaps the encryption method has changed (or similar?).

Anyone got any more evidence of that?
I'll confirm that too. (Though I'm also motivated by a strange and urgent desire to participate in any forum with Jon Yes, he is most welcome and appreciated here!!!)

I compiled QTFairUse back in November after Jon released the source and I also downloaded and archived Quicktime 6.4, knowing that Apple would surely change the DLL entry points shortly, which they did in the next release of QT/iTunes. After disabling auto update in QT and iTunes, QTFairUse has been working for me ever since. I was thrilled to use PlayFair on my Mac when it was released because it is fast, convenient, and it retains tags and artwork, but alas, the Apple encryption changes rendered it unusable for recent downloads. VLC doesn't seem much easier than the original DLL re-route provided by QTFairUse so I'll stick with QTFairUse and my old QT installation

Last edited by calinb; 8th May 2004 at 09:31.
calinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2004, 18:59   #22  |  Link
JonLech

Quote:
Originally posted by calinb
VLC doesn't seem much easier than the original DLL re-route provided by QTFairUse so I'll stick with QTFairUse and my old QT installation
You can use VLC in combination with playfair (or DeDRMS). Play your files with VLC to generate the key file(s), then use playfair.

VLC win32 build 2004/05/08 (includes FairPlay v2 support).

Quote:
Originally posted by Nic
For those who are curious, like me, as to what has changed...
Did you take a closer look at p_secret2 in DoShuffle?
JonLech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2004, 21:21   #23  |  Link
Nic

What does it say? My linguistic skills are cr*p The closest I can get/guess is "copyright (c) Nccyr Pbzchgre, Vap. All Rights Reserved". How close am I?
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2004, 22:27   #24  |  Link
JonLech

Nccyr Pbzchgre, Vap = Apple Computer, Inc

I didn't feel like including that in plaintext in my code, so I ROT13 encoded it
Old 9th May 2004, 22:48   #25  |  Link
Nic

LoL...Doh, I should have so gone www.rot13.com or at least used that vacant space where my brain supposedly is

Liked the pic of you with your speccy...I'll have to look up a pic of me in a similar situation. (I went straight to the spectrum +2...first thing I progged assembler on...happy days )

-Nic
Old 10th May 2004, 00:26   #26  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

ahh, i did the 48k speccy asm
avih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2004, 17:11   #27  |  Link
Nic

For those that aren't following Jon's blog...
http://www.nanocrew.net/blog/

Playfair has been renamed and re-written:
http://hymn-project.org/

-Nic
Old 11th May 2004, 23:22   #28  |  Link
cypher_soundz
Gold Member

Doom9's been /.'ed !
http://slashdot.org/articles/04/05/1...id=107&tid=187

Regards
Cyph

cypher_soundz

Windows XP| 2GB ECC DDR 2100 ram| 160gb WD 7200rpm 40gb seagate 7200rpm |40gb seagate 7200rpm | Dual 2400MP X1 ;) [L5 mod]| MSI K7D| ATI radeon 9800 PRO 128MB tv-out/dv-out | Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350| Samsung dvd (firmware:612-B) | NEC 1300 dvd+r

cypher_soundz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2004, 02:26   #29  |  Link
BetaBoy
CoreCodec Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Doom9
considering that the playfair host was just C&D'd (not even Microsoft has sued people for distributing DivX3.11, or the makers of the e-book DRM removal tools - so much for Apple being nice) better download now
MS had suggested to me (in a nice phone call) that they we gonna C&D me for DivX 3.11 (MyDivX.com) but nothing came of it ;-).... You have my support Jon

----
Dan "BetaBoy" Marlin
Founder CoreCodec
The Future of Audio/Video Development and Technology
BetaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2004, 05:58   #30  |  Link
eaglebtc

I'm using the command line interface on Windows. I just bought a Crystal Method album (Legion of Boom) to test this.

Hymn appears to be doing something to my music, but it's not coming out right. I end up with M4A files that are much smaller than the originals, and they do not play. Also, it thinks that the "-l" switch is invalid. Also, VideoLAN (latest binary) crashes when I try to play the M4P files.

Am I doing something wrong in my setup? I have iTunes 4.5, Quicktime 4.5.1, and my computer is definitely authorized to play purchased music (otherwise i could not have downloaded it).

The hymn.exe (and documentation) is installed in C:\Program Files\hymn-0.6.0, as specified by the installation instructions.

Last edited by eaglebtc; 12th May 2004 at 06:11.
eaglebtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2004, 19:15   #31  |  Link
calinb

Quote:
Originally posted by JonLech
You can use VLC in combination with playfair (or DeDRMS). Play your files with VLC to generate the key file(s), then use playfair.
Thanks, Jon Somehow missed this wiki.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nic
For those that aren't following Jon's blog...
http://www.nanocrew.net/blog/
I bookmarked Jon's no-nonsense blog from the start--might even set it to browser homepage
Quote:
Originally posted by Nic
Playfair has been renamed and re-written:
http://hymn-project.org/[/B]
Great news! Thx. If I may editorialize a moment (still on-subject, I believe)--although I agree with Doom9's position (the clueless noob , not the site) that consumers should not purchase DRM'ed media, I also think it's important to purchase some DRM'ed media in order to exercise the rights of fairuse. So, to that end, I mostly buy CDs (from local musicians, no less) but occasionally purchase iTunes. I'm not currently coding and I'm not a lawyer so I think this is the only way I can contribute to the fairuse cause. (And donate to its proponent groups and individuals ) If anyone's interested in splitting this thread to another general discussion thread, I'm interested in participating in a discussion.

Last edited by calinb; 12th May 2004 at 23:25.
Old 12th May 2004, 22:52   #32  |  Link
JonLech

Quote:
Originally posted by eaglebtc
Also, it thinks that the "-l" switch is invalid.
There's a new release of hymn (0.6.1) which supposedly fixes that.
Quote:
Am I doing something wrong in my setup? I have iTunes 4.5, Quicktime 4.5.1, and my computer is definitely authorized to play purchased music (otherwise i could not have downloaded it).
Actually, authorization does not take place until you play a m4p file for the first time in iTunes. I've just fixed a bug which would cause VLC to crash if the key store is empty.
Old 13th May 2004, 04:35   #33  |  Link
eaglebtc

Quote:
There's a new release of hymn (0.6.1) which supposedly fixes that.
Actually, authorization does not take place until you play a m4p file for the first time in iTunes. I've just fixed a bug which would cause VLC to crash if the key store is empty.
Yeah, this was it! I went to play the songs in iTunes, and it said "Your computer is not authorized to play these files. Would you like to do this now?"

It works now! Hymn just converted the entire album in about 6 seconds. Thanks Jon!

Last edited by eaglebtc; 13th May 2004 at 05:06.
eaglebtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2004, 20:01   #34  |  Link
pyt0n

m$ wmv9 drm

are you able to ha* such files?
anything in future?
pyt0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2004, 22:22   #35  |  Link
pyt0n

aye,
but untill then people who have dl'ed drm protected files
most surely want to remove it.

i believe ive seen a graphedit filter which can do this
but thats about it. anyone?
pyt0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2004, 23:08   #36  |  Link
JonLech

I've released a new tool, FairKeys, which lets you retrieve your FairPlay keys from Apple's servers. Works on GNU/Linux, MacOS X and Windows

pyt0n: I have no personal incentive to reverse MS DRM. There are no Open Source WMA9/WMV9 decoders (though that will probably change for WMV9 as soon as it's standarized as SMPTE VC9).
Old 8th July 2004, 03:22   #37  |  Link
Neo Neko

Quote:
pyt0n: I have no personal incentive to reverse MS DRM. There are no Open Source WMA9/WMV9 decoders (though that will probably change for WMV9 as soon as it's standarized as SMPTE VC9).
Well you can decode them under Linux with Mplayer. But it does require the Microsoft libraries and that does limit you to intel without emulation. Not a real solution. But a working one. Still fight your battles one at a time.
Neo Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2015, 19:52   #38  |  Link
dorati

Somebody has Infos or this old Tools for me. I tried to learn something about Fairplay.
How i decrypt a file, if i have the key ?

If is not allowed here, please PM.
dorati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2015, 01:25   #39  |  Link
Wilbert

https://web.archive.org/web/20051231...doc/#downloads
https://web.archive.org/web/20060101...g/download.php

I can't find this FairKeys, but according to the second link iOpener is based on it.

Last edited by Wilbert; 30th December 2015 at 01:35.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2015, 06:28   #40  |  Link
calinb

I probably have hundreds of old tools archived, but the CDs are all packed away in storage. It may be awhile before I can dig them up, but I'll PM you when and if I can find anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorati View Post
Somebody has Infos or this old Tools for me. I tried to learn something about Fairplay.
How i decrypt a file, if i have the key ?

If is not allowed here, please PM.