Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th January 2010, 22:17   #1181  |  Link
SamuriHL

Damn. I don't get it. I've literally spent several hours on this today and I just have NO idea why this is happening and only on this one title. Yet WinDVD 2010, PDVD9, and TMT3 have zero problems with it. So it has to be something in ffdshow. But....what?? It's driving me absolutely freaking insane.
Old 9th January 2010, 22:29   #1182  |  Link
whurlston

I'll try to take a look when I get a chance but the recent cold snap has me doing some insulating that I've been putting off. I can't promise I'll figure it out though.
whurlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 22:31   #1183  |  Link
SamuriHL

It beats the hell out of me. If you turn passthrough off and let ffdshow decode it, all is well. Something in the passthrough code is screwing it up on certain frames. But it's not consistent, at least for me. If I let it hit one of the dropouts, and then go back before it, then it doesn't happen in the same place for me. So, um, yeaaaaaa.
Old 9th January 2010, 22:35   #1184  |  Link
Ogider

When I bought 5750..I started to check..every kind of sound..from movie that I had.
And it happens that for TrueHD I checked StarTrek.
Of coz audio dropuots was here,I thought that maybe there is somethink with my soft..basicly I did fresh instalation of Win7 32..with all new drivers and codecs..(ffdshow,matroska,mpc HC,ati drivers and after realtek ati hdmi fix)_ +Edid for onkyo 906...it wasnt needed for me..but I did it also.
One thing wasnt done successful..registering this MPCaudioRendererFilter.ax.

Anyway.

Startrek played from m2ts on MPCHC ..have audio problems...basily each time when I trying jump to another part of movie..audio is gone..silence..sometime pushing back and forward helping...so I went into Spiderman 3..he have TrueHD also...I make small sample (3min) and sound is same as for startrek...for now I decide to .."unmark" trueHD in ffdshow audio..together with Ac3(S/pdif encode mode)..witch give me on my Amp..Multichanel..same as normal LPCM tracks.

But I m crossing fingers for resolve this "trueHD problem"

Also I noticed that after some hours of watching..video with no hd audio formats..like for example olby AC3 48000Hz stereo 192kbps :..somethink starting happens with sound..like..strong noise..or dropouts...in that case helping for me is mark again option in audio ffdshow/output..AC3(s/pdif-encode mode)
Tbh this happening..sometime faster..sometime after long watch...hardware temp like..ram mobo..cpu..ati..even amp..is ok

Sorry but my english isnt best I m affraid
Ogider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 22:39   #1185  |  Link
SamuriHL

Yea, that really makes me think something screwy is going on with the buffer, but, I really have absolutely no idea how to track and kill that kind of a bug. Hopefully whurlston or albain has a clue on this. It's really annoying and quite frankly irritating me now. I wish I knew how to fix it but it's truly beyond my knowledge.

Oh, and albain, it's accepting the media type. No need to provide logs as it's doing what you think it should be on that.
Old 10th January 2010, 00:06   #1186  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
HELP. I need one of you that has the full disc to confirm something for me. I need you to do the following EXACTLY as I state:

-Load up MPC-HC
-Start playing the Star Trek movie
-Get to about 45 seconds when it has the first dropout and let it hit that
-Take the MPC-HC slider and slide it backwards...let's say to 10 seconds
-Let it continue playing

Do you get dropouts at ALL after that??? I don't. albain, could the TrueHD buffer be getting corrupt somehow in memory?
It might be : as I said the hard part on TrueHD is that the frames are separated by a number of zeros that are calculated from the timestamps inside each frame.

Also when I made some reverse engineering on THD, I saw that there were some recalculations of the buffer space when there is a seeking but I assume that this is not the case when you start a movie.

Here how it works :

Frame1 : time1
Number of zeros = (time2-time1)*coef
Frame2 : time2
Number of zeros = (time3-time2)*coef
Frame3 : time3...

So if the first number of zeros is wrongly calculated, then all the data frames are delayed which should cause dropouts.

This is what should occur as the buffers are not aligned between TMT and FFDShow with the logs you sent me whereas they were perfectly aligned on all the other samples we tested.

I probably didn't analyze the frames enough, I'll let you know : the problem probably comes from the first frame(s) (after the data frames are spaced evenly to TMT)

But what you experienced Samuri means that the media structures are not in cause, so the buffers are

Last edited by albain; 10th January 2010 at 00:08.
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 00:11   #1187  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post
It might be : as I said the hard part on TrueHD is that the frames are separated by a number of zeros that are calculated from the timestamps inside each frame.

Also when I made some reverse engineering on THD, I saw that there were some recalculations of the buffer space when there is a seeking but I assume that this is not the case when you start a movie.

Here how it works :

So if the first number of zeros is wrongly calculated, then all the data frames are delayed which should cause dropouts.

This is what should occur as the buffers are not aligned between TMT and FFDShow with the logs you sent me whereas they were perfectly aligned on all the other samples we tested.

I probably didn't analyze the frames enough, I'll let you know : the problem probably comes from the first frame(s) (after the data frames are spaced evenly to TMT)

But what you experienced Samuri means that the media structures are not in cause, so the buffers are
Yup, ok, that makes sense. It only seems to happen on certain frames, which may make this difficult to pin down. And going back and replaying it, at least for me, moves where it happens. I'm not sure what I can do to help here.
Old 10th January 2010, 01:50   #1188  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipZ View Post
Good
You can create shortcuts to set speeds.
ie, AMDGPUClockTool.exe -eng=200 -mem=250
Oh, nice, I can put this command at startup then. Thanks again.

Last edited by Andy o; 10th January 2010 at 02:06.
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 02:24   #1189  |  Link
lboregard

just wanted to share success story and heartful thanks to albain and all other guys that made this bitstream possible.

windows 7 32 bit
ati 9.12 + hotfix
realtek 2.39
denon tulli override
mpchc r1489
ffdshow r3181

ati radeon 5770
sony bravia kdl37 xbr6
denon avr 1909

set ffdshow to decode mostly everything audio (with libavcodec, except ac3/liba52, dts/libdts), passthrough for everything (ffdshow audio), 16-bit integer output

it's bitstreaming everything i've thrown at it, the only glitch is i am legend produced no sounds, but i havent looked into it further

thanks a lot to you all !!!
lboregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 04:34   #1190  |  Link
nightfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post

Here how it works :

I also get the first dropout @~46sec if using the MPC MPEG splitter. Using the Arcsoft demuxer, it doesn't happen until close to 2 mins in.

Also, using the MPC splitter and playing a THD title, I have issues on other THD titles if I pause/skip around that play just fine using the Arcsoft Demuxer/splitter. Sometimes I lose all audio until I forward "enough" to get it to come back. Only one or two work well (Kung Fu Panda typically works well).

Using the Arcsoft Demuxer/splitter, I've been able to playback/stop/pause/skip around flawlessly in all tested THD titles (~20) except for our problem child, ST 09.
Old 10th January 2010, 21:30   #1191  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Damm, this is hard to find out what's going on with this Star Trek sample. What JJ Abrams put in his "movie potion" ?

The problem here is that TMT starts streaming "after" FFDShow (TMT drops a few buffers) so as I said all the buffers are not aligned between those 2, but I guess that if this was a problem you should get an audio delay, but no dropouts.

So this should be something going on after, but this is hard to analyze
Old 10th January 2010, 21:33   #1192  |  Link
SamuriHL

If you think of anything I can do to help, let me know. I spent a few hours on it yesterday and was not able to figure it out at all. I think something's happening with the buffer to cause these minor dropouts, but, I have no idea what. It's freaky that rewinding changes where the dropout occurs.
Old 10th January 2010, 22:56   #1193  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

No thanks I was just complaining
Old 10th January 2010, 22:59   #1194  |  Link
SamuriHL

Ok. That's perfectly acceptable given the nature of this problem.
Old 11th January 2010, 09:26   #1195  |  Link
Skinleech
A.K.A Mangoat

Do you want me to test this on the Xonar as well? The original disk I mean.

I can check when I get home from work - that'll be about 8 hours though, I just got in.

As Ogider notes above I also lose audio with THD tracks when skipping forwards, No Signal shows up on my AVR. I usually find if I skip back to the start of a chapter the audio returns.
Skinleech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 13:55   #1196  |  Link
cyrilp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogider View Post
When I bought 5750..I started to check..every kind of sound..from movie that I had.
And it happens that for TrueHD I checked StarTrek.
Of coz audio dropuots was here,I thought that maybe there is somethink with my soft..basicly I did fresh instalation of Win7 32..with all new drivers and codecs..(ffdshow,matroska,mpc HC,ati drivers and after realtek ati hdmi fix)_ +Edid for onkyo 906...it wasnt needed for me..but I did it also.
One thing wasnt done successful..registering this MPCaudioRendererFilter.ax.

Anyway.

Startrek played from m2ts on MPCHC ..have audio problems...basily each time when I trying jump to another part of movie..audio is gone..silence..sometime pushing back and forward helping...so I went into Spiderman 3..he have TrueHD also...I make small sample (3min) and sound is same as for startrek...for now I decide to .."unmark" trueHD in ffdshow audio..together with Ac3(S/pdif encode mode)..witch give me on my Amp..Multichanel..same as normal LPCM tracks.

But I m crossing fingers for resolve this "trueHD problem"

Also I noticed that after some hours of watching..video with no hd audio formats..like for example olby AC3 48000Hz stereo 192kbps :..somethink starting happens with sound..like..strong noise..or dropouts...in that case helping for me is mark again option in audio ffdshow/output..AC3(s/pdif-encode mode)
Tbh this happening..sometime faster..sometime after long watch...hardware temp like..ram mobo..cpu..ati..even amp..is ok

Sorry but my english isnt best I m affraid
Hi all,

Just to tell you that i have the same problem with True HD, not only on Star trek but on every movie using it.

DTS HD is working just fine.

Thank you Albain for all this work !! (I'm from Paris).

Cyril

Last edited by cyrilp; 11th January 2010 at 13:58.
cyrilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 18:43   #1197  |  Link
nightfly

Splitter used affects ability to "move around" THD titles

Anyone have the Halli splitter installed? If so, test some THD titles and see if that affects your ability to jump around a title with a THD track.

Again, from my experience, using the Arcsoft TMT2 demuxer, I can move around a THD title with no issue.

MPC-HC splitter not so - it's very touchy and works best from a stopped state at the beginning of a THD title.

I have on my list to try earlier versions of the MPC splitter, but have been too busy to do so and I also don't expect much difference based upon change log for the splitter.

Any other THD compatible splitters/demuxers out there? I prefer the MPC splitter due to sub-title support and ability to switch audio streams (for those uncommon cases where the HD audio is not the first audio track for a movie).
Old 11th January 2010, 21:06   #1198  |  Link
clsid

Haali also supports stream switching. Either through its own icon, or through the Filters context menu in MPC.
Old 11th January 2010, 21:26   #1199  |  Link
Sebastiii

Hi for me haali don't work very good
Thx,
Seb.
Old 12th January 2010, 00:34   #1200  |  Link
Sebastiii

Hi i have a little question about lipsync, i have a lipsync issue with my avr-355 about 300ms (the sound comes before video) so it's wierd, on avr, i have set adjust lipsync @ max 180 ms, but i think it doesn't change anything.
If i use HDMI ATI VIDEO directly to my VP, and take sound from my motherboard or Xonar -> lipsync issue is gone.

So the solution that i made is to use Delay option of ffdshow but it works on no bitstream sound, i must use AC3 encode on 5.1 multichannel to give AC3 to my AVR.

So my question is Is it possible to add an delay on Bitstream Sound ?
Thx and sorry for HS
Seb.