Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 8th December 2022, 00:55   #63701  |  Link
huhn

i don't know i mean do you even care about HDR output aren't you using a PJ?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2022, 01:23   #63702  |  Link
x7007

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
i don't know i mean do you even care about HDR output aren't you using a PJ?
I have Epson 9400 projector, it supports HDR.

But I also have OLED LG CX which I use to watch HDR content also, NV HDR doesn't only OS HDR works with 165...

it stops working because of the bloody time limit bomb..... I always forget. why do such an annoying thing, if it works fine why do you bomb us with a time limit..... NV HDR doesn't work with any version above 113..... can't understand this.

Why I can't get NV HDR back working now, I'm tired of this, every time I copy the newest beta version it stops working and I don't remember how to go back...................... wasting so much time because of this crap really.

No one ever says it - MUST RESTART COMPUTER AFTER CHANGING MADVR VERSION (ELSE AMD/NV HDR DOESN'T WORK)!!!

TIME BOMB EVERY X TIME need to update MADVR VERSION or some things stop working, that's what always happens like 0-255 and 16-235 can't switch between them.

Last edited by x7007; 8th December 2022 at 01:53.
x7007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2022, 02:50   #63703  |  Link
huhn

just move on from it instead of a version that actually works on win 11 we got a time bomb that is a beta somewhere in a thread...

not in this opening post not somewhere sticky elsewhere no just a random post.
Old 8th December 2022, 15:45   #63704  |  Link
senzaparole

Hi guys.
I have a problem. After allowing several updates I noticed that my TV no longer automatically switches to HDR mode.
I have a PC connected to LG TV. Does anyone know how i can fix it?
Old 9th December 2022, 13:55   #63705  |  Link
mclingo

probs need to give us a bit more to go on, is this is windows 11 there might be some issues there or if you switched to NVIDIA it keeps getting removed from the drivers.

Double check you have it set in two main areas of MADVR:

in display properties the native display bit depth should be set to 10 bit or higher I think.

In rendering, I think you still need to have "use DIRECT3D for presentation ticked"

to make sure its not a windows issue, turn on HDR in windows and see if your TV goes into HDR mode.
Old 11th December 2022, 22:25   #63706  |  Link
senzaparole

I solved. It was an AMD driver update. I unistalled them and now everything works fine. Thank you very much
Old 13th December 2022, 10:16   #63707  |  Link
ashlar42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
if you switched to NVIDIA it keeps getting removed from the drivers.
Hi! Could you please clarify what you meant above? What's being removed for Nvidia users? I don't get it.
Old 13th December 2022, 11:19   #63708  |  Link
huhn

there are multiply reports of nvidia been unreliable with HDR passthrough.
some get it fixed with a simple restart other have to reinstall driver and the issue is gone.

worst case no one knows what's really wrong but seem rare.
Old 19th December 2022, 05:07   #63709  |  Link
Alamei

Is there a current workaround available for the screen re-synchronizing delay when switching between windowed and full-screen windowed modes? I recently purchased a Gigabyte M34WQ, and now any time I toggle a video to full-screen (not FSE, just normal windowed full-screen), the screen goes blank for a couple of seconds before displaying the full-screen video. Interestingly, the same does not occur when toggling back from full-screen windowed to normal windowed, so it's something specifically about the action of switching to full-screen that's causing the monitor to blank out.

Some troubleshooting notes:
  • Switching MPC-BE to use EVR-CP for playback removes the issue, so it's definitely MadVR related.
  • This issue didn't occur on my previous ASUS PG279Q (traditional G-Sync, instead of G-Sync compatible) monitor on this same computer. However, I don't know if that has anything to do with it, because disabling G-Sync entirely on the new monitor has no impact.
  • I don't experience the black screen delay going in and out of any other full-screen applications (games, etc...)
  • Using the Nvidia Profile Inspector to add MPC-BE (and MadVR) to the Windows Media Player profile (recommended as a solution back in 2018 in this thread) doesn't work.
  • I've tried changing all sorts of settings in the Nvidia Control Panel for MPC-BE, including Fixed Refresh vs G-Sync, Application-Controlled Refresh Rates vs Highest Available, etc., with no impact from any of them.

Has anyone run into this issue on another monitor, and, if so, found any sort of solution?
Alamei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2022, 06:43   #63710  |  Link
ryrynz

Try the latest madvr beta build, If that doesn't fix it submit a bug report and maybe madshi might improve it. Wouldn't hurt to try whatever you can do to see if something helps.. Like disabling mpo and full screen optimizations.. Try a different direct3d mode.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2022, 08:39   #63711  |  Link
huhn

check HDMI content type select one but this only works if you would run this device using HDMI and not using DISPLAY port with should be exclusively used with this device.
Old 19th December 2022, 11:16   #63712  |  Link
Sunspark

Alamei: I have the same issue, but it's caused by changing both the resolution and the refresh rate. It's never going to be instant. There's a delay with the graphics drivers and then there's a second delay where the monitor locks in to the new resolution&refresh. If you want it to be instant, you need to stay at the same resolution and refresh as your desktop.
Uncheck "switch to matching display mode" in madvr. You may also need to check the player too, because the player can also change. For mpc-hc playback>fullscreen. For mpc-be video>fullscreen. Uncheck autochange.
As for why you'd change resolution/refresh, it's so you can have your screen at 23.976 for example.

Last edited by Sunspark; 19th December 2022 at 11:21.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2022, 16:38   #63713  |  Link
Alamei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Try the latest madvr beta build, If that doesn't fix it submit a bug report and maybe madshi might improve it. Wouldn't hurt to try whatever you can do to see if something helps.. Like disabling mpo and full screen optimizations.. Try a different direct3d mode.
I tried the latest beta build without seeing any differences. Ditto for full-screen optimization changes. What is MPO in this context? I don't think I've adjusted that as a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
check HDMI content type select one but this only works if you would run this device using HDMI and not using DISPLAY port with should be exclusively used with this device.
The monitor is hooked up via DisplayPort, so this shouldn't be impacting the configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post
Alamei: I have the same issue, but it's caused by changing both the resolution and the refresh rate. It's never going to be instant. There's a delay with the graphics drivers and then there's a second delay where the monitor locks in to the new resolution&refresh. If you want it to be instant, you need to stay at the same resolution and refresh as your desktop.
Uncheck "switch to matching display mode" in madvr. You may also need to check the player too, because the player can also change. For mpc-hc playback>fullscreen. For mpc-be video>fullscreen. Uncheck autochange.
As for why you'd change resolution/refresh, it's so you can have your screen at 23.976 for example.
Switch display modes is already unchecked, and I can tell that a display mode switch isn't causing the issue, because if it were, then there should be a blank screen both entering and exiting full-screen, whereas this issue is occurring solely when entering full-screen. That's part of what's confusing me about the problem, because I've never run into an issue that didn't occur on both engaging and disengaging full-screen mode before.
Alamei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2022, 18:33   #63714  |  Link
clsid

MPO = Multi Plane Overlay
You can disable that with a registry tweak. Google it.

Press Ctrl+J to display madVR OSD and make a screenshot in windowed mode and fullscreen. That is easiest way to see if anything is different.
Old 23rd December 2022, 03:10   #63715  |  Link
70MM
X Cinema Projectionist NZ

I cant get any profiles to activate and work under Devices, yet all my other profiles on other pages work.

Im trying to use the A stretch 4/3 on and off under Devices/Config, I can make the two profiles using keystroke 1 & 2, but it wont activate or show in the top left corner of the screen.

All my other profiles in all the other tabs besides Devices work and display in the top left corner of the screen.

Has anyone ever seen this happen and if so what might be wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
70MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2022, 12:47   #63716  |  Link
Budtz

tonemapping and washed out colurs

I get no tonemapping and wahsed out colurs. in windows 11 with neweset drivers.

Is there a setting that needs to be set to get it tor work again. Might just give up at use VLC. that works fine
Old 27th December 2022, 16:22   #63717  |  Link
SunnyM

Hi, first thanks for your job on madVR !

I've got an issue with madVR zoom control stretching image instead of zooming on my 21/9 monitor.
I googled for this issue but did not find anything relevant, so here I am.

Here's the original video (16/9 with 21/9 scenes): https://imgur.com/a/CsqL6NH
With zoom control enabled: https://imgur.com/a/sYt0Q7u
What it should be: https://imgur.com/a/eRruf88
MadVR settings: https://imgur.com/a/AUA6ntw
LAV settings: https://imgur.com/a/7euellJ

I use PotPlayer but extending/croping/resizing are disabled and almost all non filters related settings are by default.

I really don't understand what's wrong, thanks for your help !

Last edited by SunnyM; 27th December 2022 at 16:55.
SunnyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2022, 17:51   #63718  |  Link
Siso
Soul Seeker

What is the resolution of the movie? I'm on 21:9 monitor, and I don't use this madvr feature. You can assign buttons to change the zoom. I'm using "Keep Aspect Ratio" and "Stretch By Keeping Aspect Ratio".
Siso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2022, 19:09   #63719  |  Link
SunnyM

I don't want to press a button each time video goes from 4K IMAX to 21:9 and vice-versa if madVR can do it dynamically.
AFAIK it can but there's a bug or I missed a setting and madVR stretches instead of zooming.
SunnyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2022, 16:24   #63720  |  Link
el Filou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyM View Post
I've got an issue with madVR zoom control stretching image instead of zooming on my 21/9 monitor.
[...] I use PotPlayer but extending/croping/resizing are disabled and almost all non filters related settings are by default.
Must be caused by some setting in your media player that instructs madVR to stretch it. Please post the second screenshot again with the OSD (Ctrl+J) shown.
With either MPC-HC or MediaPortal using "touch window from inside" and those same settings it work as intended on my system (my screen is not 21:9 but with e.g. old letterboxed 4:3 DVDs).
Can you try with MPC-HC just for a test?

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling