Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > HDTV / DVB / TiVo

Old 24th November 2022, 09:18   #1  |  Link
Arian

How to capture RGB signal without input lag? [Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K]

I posted a thread on the Blackmagic site, but I thought it couldn't hurt to do it here too.

With most devices I capture from, they seem to be YUV-friendly. However, with the more contemporary Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, they seem to only support RGB output.

The problem is that with RGB, I get a fair share of input lag, and when I switch to YUV, I get a black screen, no visual output to speak of. The audio problem is rectified, however.

Is there any way to either practically convert the RGB signal to YUV or to capture the RGB signal without input lag? What do I do to fix this is the million dollar question here.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

-Arian
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2023, 10:14   #2  |  Link
Mounir

That's for playing or capture only ?

I know with old sony dvd recorders (models rdr hxd 870 up to 1070) they accept RGB as input (on the scart) and you can output YPbPr (dedicated cables) but pretty sure there'll be some lag, it sounds inevitable
Mounir is offline   Reply With Quote