Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 24th February 2009, 04:11   #8361  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
Hmm why does eac3to remap channels when using arcsoft decoder to get a pcm file? seems to be a bug in the channels for 7.1 as the center is playing out of right front.
Not for me - but I am converting to FLAC

As far as I can tell (as I have to downmix in madflac to 5.1 as I have a 5.1 soundcard/setup), the channels are correct.

For 7.1 soundtracks, I'm certainly not getting the centre coming out the right speaker.
Old 24th February 2009, 04:17   #8362  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post
Not for me - but I am converting to FLAC

As far as I can tell (as I have to downmix in madflac to 5.1 as I have a 5.1 soundcard/setup), the channels are correct.

For 7.1 soundtracks, I'm certainly not getting the centre coming out the right speaker.
ps3 has to use pcm when streaming does not support Flac afaik. are you using pcm2tsmu and sonic decoder also?
Old 24th February 2009, 12:29   #8363  |  Link
yesgrey

madshi,
does eac3to supports multiple mkv source files as it does with ts files?
For example eac3to source1.mkv+source2.mkv only gives the info of the first file, but if using .ts files gives the info of the sum of the files.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:32   #8364  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
I think there is a small bug in EAC3to way of parsing the mpls files and the m2ts files.

I did a test on Der Untergang (Nordic version)

Here we dont have any names on the subtitles, there should be, because when I open the mpls files in text mode I see this [...]

But as you can see the mpls language/Subtitles are NOT always parsed and shown in eac3to. BUG!
eac3to reads the subtitle languages from the clipinfo file and not from the playlist file. It seems that the clipinfo file for 00009.m2ts does not contain the subtitle languages, for whatever strange reason...

Quote:
There is also a problem with extracting video and audio from this using the mpls file. Because the audio goes out of sync because of the small 00010.m2ts black screen file.

The audio is out of sync by 1-2 sec. The solution is to rip the files from the 00009.m2ts files (main movie) then the audio is in sync. Dont know if eac3to can make a work around for this.
Would you mind uploading the CLIPINF + PLAYLIST folders together with 00010.m2ts and the first 30MB of 00009.m2ts? Having these files might help me fix the problem.

Quote:
Last a small request if possible. If you want to extract the chapters, is it then possible to do this without having eac3to to scan the video stream. As the chapters are located in the mpls file ?
Technically no problem. But I don't know right now if I can easily fit that into the eac3to source code structure. Will have to check...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey3 View Post
does eac3to supports multiple mkv source files as it does with ts files?
For example eac3to source1.mkv+source2.mkv only gives the info of the first file, but if using .ts files gives the info of the sum of the files.
This is not supported yet, at least not officially. Does it work at all (apart from the wrong runtime display, of course)? Haven't even tried myself yet.

Quote:
Hmm why does eac3to remap channels when using arcsoft decoder to get a pcm file?
Because PCM channel ordering is different from WAV channel ordering.

Quote:
seems to be a bug in the channels for 7.1 as the center is playing out of right front.
I can't reproduce any problems here. I even tried doing the same thing as you (eac3to + Pcm2Tsmu + tsMuxeR) and for me the channel order is always correct. I can only guess that there's something wrong in your playback chain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
The method:

Extract mlp directly with DVD_Audio Explorer and transmit to flac with eac3to.

It has problems; i think channel mapping issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Yep, seems the remap needed is missing (or now libav is correct and don't need remap).
We have problems with 18,19 and 20 modes
Code:
 # MLP Channel Assignments    MS channels order   libav remap
-- ------------------------  ------------------   -----------
18 Lf Rf  Ls  Rs  (LFE)      FL FR LF BL BR       -0,1,4,2,3,5
19 Lf Rf  Ls  Rs  (C)        FL FR FC BL BR       -0,1,4,2,3,5
20 Lf Rf  Ls  Rs  (C   LFE)  FL FR FC LF BL BR    -0,1,4,5,2,3
Thank you. Bug found and fixed.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:49   #8365  |  Link
yesgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
This is not supported yet, at least not officially. Does it work at all (apart from the wrong runtime display, of course)? Haven't even tried myself yet.
It works, but the results are not correct.

First, I have demuxed each file separatelly, muxed the raw streams with tsMuxer to .ts files, and then used eac3to to join the two .ts files to .mkv and .dts. It worked flawlessly, even correcting the audio overlapping.
Then I tryed with the two mkv files, but the result was not good. The mkv resulting file was exactly the same size of the file obtained with the .ts method, but I have compared both files and they were different. The dts audio file was only half, he considered the other audio part to be overlapping the first...
Old 24th February 2009, 18:57   #8366  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey3 View Post
It works, but the results are not correct.

First, I have demuxed each file separatelly, muxed the raw streams with tsMuxer to .ts files, and then used eac3to to join the two .ts files to .mkv and .dts. It worked flawlessly, even correcting the audio overlapping.
Then I tryed with the two mkv files, but the result was not good. The mkv resulting file was exactly the same size of the file obtained with the .ts method, but I have compared both files and they were different. The dts audio file was only half, he considered the other audio part to be overlapping the first...
Ah, makes sense. For EVO and m2ts files, eac3to automatically adjust timecodes for multiple input files. For MKV it does not. So it's understandable that eac3to sees the audio as overlapping, because both MKV files have audio begin at runtime 0:00:00. I could only solve this properly if I actually implemented support for MKV file joining. But I'm not sure how big the demand is for such a feature? For TS and m2ts it's very common to have splitted files. But for MKV it should be rather rare?
Old 24th February 2009, 19:03   #8367  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

eac3to v3.12 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* fixed: track languages for HD DVD discs were not shown
* fixed: MLP channel order was wrong for some specific channel configurations
* fixed: "DirectShow reported 255 channels" happened sometimes
Haven't had time to work on eac3to last weekend, so here at least some bugfixes...
Old 24th February 2009, 19:26   #8368  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Because PCM channel ordering is different from WAV channel ordering.

I can't reproduce any problems here. I even tried doing the same thing as you (eac3to + Pcm2Tsmu + tsMuxeR) and for me the channel order is always correct. I can only guess that there's something wrong in your playback chain...
what version of tsmuxer did you use? Im wondering if its a bug with the 1.81 betas that have been recently released? I will try with 1.88. Is there a way I can cut a sample of the pcm audio file and send it to you? I only got this bug with a 7.1 source also..5.1 works fine. also could be sonic decoder too I am guessing.

Last edited by jamos; 24th February 2009 at 19:28.
Old 24th February 2009, 19:29   #8369  |  Link
yesgrey

Quote:
I could only solve this properly if I actually implemented support for MKV file joining.
If it's too much work don't bother. The first method I used worked flawlessly, and it's just some more minutes of processing... maybe you should just indicate that multiple mkv source files are not supported.
Old 24th February 2009, 19:37   #8370  |  Link
pihug12

Quote:
eac3to v3.12
command line: eac3to 1.h264+2.ac3+3.ac3 test.mkv
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
h264/AVC, 1280x528 23.975p
The video track has a non-standard framerate. <WARNING>
Muxing video to Matroska...
Added fps value to MKV header.
Video track contains 591 frames.
eac3to processing took 1 second.
Done.
eac3to doesn't seem to mux the audio and subtitles files in the MKV.
And two log files are made : "log.txt" and "test - Log.txt".

pihug12
Old 24th February 2009, 19:48   #8371  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
what version of tsmuxer did you use?
1.8.8b

Quote:
Im wondering if its a bug with the 1.81 betas that have been recently released? I will try with 1.88. Is there a way I can cut a sample of the pcm audio file and send it to you? I only got this bug with a 7.1 source also..5.1 works fine. also could be sonic decoder too I am guessing.
I have no idea. But I'm not interested in doing any further bug hunting on my side because I don't think that this is a bug in eac3to. If you see any indication that eac3to is at fault, please let me know, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihug12 View Post
eac3to doesn't seem to mux the audio and subtitles files in the MKV.
And two log files are made : "log.txt" and "test - Log.txt".
eac3to only muxes video to MKV. And you should NOT do "some.h264+some.ac3"! File joining is only supported for files of the same type. If you do "some.h264+some.ac3", eac3to will mux the AC3 data as the last h264 video frame!

The "log.txt" file is created in the eac3to folder. The "outputFileName - Log.txt" is created in the target folder. This is by design.
Old 24th February 2009, 20:34   #8372  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

new version (3.12) is ready to download? -test shows old one...
Old 24th February 2009, 20:35   #8373  |  Link
pihug12

Quote:
eac3to only muxes video to MKV. And you should NOT do "some.h264+some.ac3"! File joining is only supported for files of the same type. If you do "some.h264+some.ac3", eac3to will mux the AC3 data as the last h264 video frame!
Did you plan a feature to mux audio tracks and subtitles files to MKV ?

Quote:
The "log.txt" file is created in the eac3to folder. The "outputFileName - Log.txt" is created in the target folder. This is by design.
I think it's useless if output folder and eac3to folder are the same.

pihug12
Old 24th February 2009, 21:16   #8374  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

Getting the following from a particular blu-ray.

J:\>eac3to . 2)

This playlist contains m2ts parts with different track properties (2).

Here is the mpls file.

00002.zip
Old 24th February 2009, 22:20   #8375  |  Link
rica

Quote:
Thank you. Bug found and fixed.
Thanks a lot.
This seems better than the perfect:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mnxf9g

Used method in transcoding:
mlp extracted by DVDAExplorer+transcoded to flac by eac3to v.3.12.

Used way in listening:
Bitperfect streaming via WASAPI over foobar2000 v. 0.9.3 beta 2 or Media Center 13 over analog outputs.

This was the perfect before 3.12: (ex-perfect)

Quote:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/scv0kk

The method:
Extract mlp+decode to wav with DVD-Audio Explorer 2008.07.21 (Beta3) by MaximA and retransmit to flac via eac3to.
It is perfect.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Last edited by rica; 24th February 2009 at 22:49.
Old 24th February 2009, 23:07   #8376  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Would you mind uploading the CLIPINF + PLAYLIST folders together with 00010.m2ts and the first 30MB of 00009.m2ts? Having these files might help me fix the problem.
http://hbar.dk/Files/Der_Untergang_Nordic.rar

Splitted the m2ts file using tsmuxer into a 30 mb file.

Size file are 21 mb (best compression). I hope it works or else pm me.
Old 24th February 2009, 23:12   #8377  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
new version (3.12) is ready to download? -test shows old one...
What do you mean? The download gets me v3.12. If you don't get that, try emptying your browser cache and redownload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihug12 View Post
Did you plan a feature to mux audio tracks and subtitles files to MKV ?
No. At least not in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
Getting the following from a particular blu-ray.

J:\>eac3to . 2)

This playlist contains m2ts parts with different track properties (2).

Here is the mpls file.
Attaching files to this forum takes a lot of time. It's better to upload them somewhere. But in this case the mpls file doesn't help, anyway. In most cases like this, the playlist contains one very short m2ts part which has different track types (e.g. AC3 instead of DTS-HD or SD video instead of HD video or something like that). Do a track listing for every m2ts part in the playlist (if there are not too many). Probably the very first or very last m2ts part is the problem. Try playing this m2ts part separately. Maybe you can simply delete it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
Thanks a lot.
This seems better than the perfect:
Don't know why. Maybe the DVD-Audio Explorer does some weird audio processing? I've no idea...
Old 24th February 2009, 23:35   #8378  |  Link
rica

Quote:
Don't know why. Maybe the DVD-Audio Explorer does some weird audio processing? I've no idea...
I'm interested in the conclusions, don't wonder why. (This might be a decoder isssue, who knows )
Thanks again.

Last edited by rica; 24th February 2009 at 23:39.
Old 24th February 2009, 23:53   #8379  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
1.8.8b

I have no idea. But I'm not interested in doing any further bug hunting on my side because I don't think that this is a bug in eac3to. If you see any indication that eac3to is at fault, please let me know, though.

Ok no problem though I can not even get 1.88b to work properly with a 8 channel pcm file. will not play. I only get this with 8 channel dts.

Last edited by jamos; 25th February 2009 at 00:55.
Old 25th February 2009, 00:30   #8380  |  Link
Blue_MiSfit
Derek Prestegard IRL

@madshi:

Awhile back I saw clipping audio when transcoding MP2->AC3. You mentioned it was due to internal bit depth restrictions in libavcodec, which could probably be overcome with a more recent build of libavcodec. Did you ever integrate this?

Just curious

Thanks again for your _AMAZING_ tool!!!

~MiSfit

Tags
eac3to