Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th October 2017, 00:27   #1  |  Link
edumj

Inverse Telecine NTSC Simpsons DVDs

Hi,

I’m trying to deinterlace (IVTC) these DVDs, but the 2:3 pattern (2 interlaced and 3 progressive frames) it’s only at the begining of the video, later it doesn’t stop changing from to 3 or 4 interlaced frames, followed by 4 or 5 progresive frames (or maybe static interlaced frames), and sometimes 5 or 6 different progressive frames. Maybe some speed changing telecine??

Here’s the beginning of the episode I’m working with (vob demuxed and indexed):
https://mega.nz/#!KUtgDZpB!d9bKTHFil...FpxbD9XDY6Bwi4

I’ve tried TFM+TDecimate and Telecide+Decimate, but they (the decimates) always delete 1 of 5 frames no matter if they are repeated or not, and I can’t find a way to delete 1 of 5 frames but only if they are repeated, and keeping in sync by deleting the next repeated frames it finds.

How can I do this automatically with deleteframe()?

I’m also trying to inverse telecine and delete repeated frames with manually counting how many fields correspond to every original film frame. I do it with with SeparateFields() and writing every changing frame, so I get the pulldown pattern: 2:2:2:3 2:2:2:3 2 and 4:5:4:5:4:5 5:4:5:4:5:4 etc...
I made a script to delete:
· 1 field when the number of fields is 3 (to keep 1 full frame and eliminate the repeated field which causes interlacing),
· 1 field (or 3 to keep in sync) when the number is 5 (2 and a half frames)
· 0 fields (or 2 to keep in sync) when the number is 4 (2 repeated frames)
· 0 fields when then number is 2 (because no repeated fields). And it works!

How can I do this automatically?

I’m trying to write one txt file with these pulldown cadence changes but I don’t know enough about avisynth conditional functions to make it work correcty. I can post my (messy) script.

I do SeparateFields(), and select even fields and odd fields separately, and with YDifferenceToNext it detects (more or less) when a frame changes (when the next top or bottom field will change, so there are no more repeated fields) so I must write the number of the counter variable (the number of fields that 1 frame represents) in a txt, and reinitialize. I’m trying to make the 2 YDifferenceToNext at a time to make only one txt file, but it should “advance” 2 frames when it finds a repeated field to work the right way... Does anyone understands it??

PD: Why it's so hard to correctly answer "Random Questions"??
edumj is offline   Reply With Quote