Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 16th January 2009, 09:00   #21  |  Link
Didée

LSF does not impose any modulo restrictions on its input. Even modulo 2 is enough for LSF. Just tried it, and there's no "image corruption" coming up.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 16:17   #22  |  Link
tedkunich
Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didée View Post
LSF does not impose any modulo restrictions on its input. Even modulo 2 is enough for LSF. Just tried it, and there's no "image corruption" coming up.
Hmmm... For some reason it was causing diagonal lines of black across the image.

This is a test run of a sample cap I have (ignore the dirt and out of focus - need to clean the film and fine tune the focus once I get my telecine rig permanently mounted.)

With mod8 cropping

With non-mod8 cropping (30)

I definitely traced it back to LSF. (now whether I have the latest and greatest is to be determined - the copy I have has no rev or anything of the like.... )
tedkunich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 16:42   #23  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

That result is REALLY amazing.

I cannot wait for the day that these kind of scripts can be build into a almost fully automatic(universal) one.
tetsuo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 18:00   #24  |  Link
jollye

Quote:
Hmmm... For some reason it was causing diagonal lines of black across the image.
Looks like some plugin is internally using GetRowSize instead of GetPitch somewhere.
jollye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 18:13   #25  |  Link
tedkunich
Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollye View Post
Looks like some plugin is internally using GetRowSize instead of GetPitch somewhere.

That result happens with a simple call to limitedsharpenfaster(). Again, I'll have to dig into the versions of LFS and all the associated plugins.

EDIT: yep, seems I had some older version of LSF - downloaded the latest script and cropping by 30 causes no issues.

Last edited by tedkunich; 17th January 2009 at 06:34.
Old 19th January 2009, 16:48   #26  |  Link
videoFred

Location: Terneuzen, Zeeland, the Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Milky Way,Universe
Hey Ted!

It is nice to see someone playing around with my script.

I have added a new clip:

This time I have used less sharpening and I have added some digital grain afterwards with AddGrainC(). I know this sounds strange, but the digital grain is way less 'heavy' then the original Ektachrome real film grain.

You realy must download the full version and watch it with a decent player (read: Mplayer Classic+ffdshow) to see the full effect.

PS: in the beginning you will see a blue layer at the bottom left. This is caused by the camera's build in filter. Next time I will use an external filter.

PS2: averaging many frames (10) in MVDegrainMulti() is also removing lots of dirt spots and artefacts!

Fred.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4QBsWXKuV8
More Example clips:
http://www.vimeo.com/user678523/videos/sort:newest

Last edited by videoFred; 19th January 2009 at 18:29.
videoFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 18:48   #27  |  Link
2Bdecided

Stunning (again).

Did you give up on the motion interpolation for frame-rate upconversion?

Cheers,
David.
2Bdecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 19:03   #28  |  Link
tedkunich
Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoFred View Post
Hey Ted!

It is nice to see someone playing around with my script.

I have added a new clip:

This time I have used less sharpening and I have added some digital grain afterwards with AddGrainC(). I know this sounds strange, but the digital grain is way less 'heavy' then the original Ektachrome real film grain.

You realy must download the full version and watch it with a decent player (read: Mplayer Classic+ffdshow) to see the full effect.

PS: in the beginning you will see a blue layer at the bottom left. This is caused by the camera's build in filter. Next time I will use an external filter.

PS2: averaging many frames (10) in MVDegrainMulti() is also removing lots of dirt spots and artefacts!

Fred.

Yep, I am really impressed with the result of my own test captures with my new rig and your script (I still have some focus and "cleanliness" issues) - I did have one question... what version of MVtools has the MVDegrainMult functions? neither of the ones I have (1.3 and 2.x) have that function. Unless I am missing something, with the 2.x branch of MVtools, you can only look 3 frames forward and back.

Thanks,

Ted
Old 19th January 2009, 20:10   #29  |  Link
jeffy

@tedkunich: josey_wells's version of MV Tools 1.7.7
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...89#post1188389

If videoFred used some other version, please let us know.
jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 21:37   #30  |  Link
Blue_MiSfit
Derek Prestegard IRL

VideoFred:

You might take a look at GrainFactory3. I always used AddGrainC until recently, and I'm HUGELY impressed with GrainFactory3. Basically, it adds grain in 3 distinct layers, with different sizes, amounts, and temporal characteristics according to luma in the source. It's very very cool!

~MiSfit
Old 20th January 2009, 09:14   #31  |  Link
videoFred

Location: Terneuzen, Zeeland, the Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Milky Way,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bdecided View Post
Did you give up on the motion interpolation for frame-rate upconversion?
Sometimes I use it, sometimes not. It depends on the scene...... These example files are playing just like the original film: progressive 18fps. I have made that 18.75 because later the mpeg2 encoder will create a nice 2+1 pattern for standard PAL that is.

Of cource we can not create the projector shutter blade effect on digital (for now). For this, we need much higher frame rates. Perhaps in the future?

Fred.
More Example clips:
Old 20th January 2009, 09:19   #32  |  Link
videoFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_MiSfit View Post
VideoFred:

You might take a look at GrainFactory3.
I can not run it on my system It starts good, but after a while I see strange color masking effects?

GrainFactory_MT1 runs fine on my system and I agree it is very cool indeed!

Fred.
More Example clips:
Old 20th January 2009, 21:01   #33  |  Link
morsa
the dumbest

Wouldn-t it be a good idea to merge some of the functionalities of Josey's into MVtools2 branch?

I mean like MVdegrainMulti....
morsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 21:45   #34  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

It would be nice, yes, but the problem is Josey changed how MVTools works internally, so it'd be a lot of work to port it over properly. It's not like he just added a few lines that enabled MT, he changed a lot of it so that the various filters work (internally, not externally) in a different way than vanilla MVTools 1.x.
Old 21st January 2009, 07:53   #35  |  Link
San07
| H.264 Fan |

Awesome work........

Regards
San07

AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ
San07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 16:18   #36  |  Link
halsboss
likes to tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedkunich View Post
I'm looking to replace the MVxxxMulti calls with Fizick's MVToolsV2 equivalents
Did you achieve that and could you please post your equivalent script ?
halsboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 22:29   #37  |  Link
tedkunich
Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by halsboss View Post
Did you achieve that and could you please post your equivalent script ?
Fairly simple...

Replace the following of Fred's original script
Code:
vectors= stab2.MVAnalyseMulti(refframes=denoising_frames, pel=2, blksize=block_size, overlap=block_over, idx=1)
denoised= stab2.MVDegrainMulti(vectors, thSAD=denoising_strenght, SadMode=1, idx=1).tweak(sat=saturation)
with this:

Code:
#  Support for MVTools2 ######################
super = stab2.MSuper(pel=2)
bvec1 = MAnalyse(super, isb = true,  delta = 1, blksize=block_size, overlap=block_over)
fvec1 = MAnalyse(super, isb = false, delta = 1, blksize=block_size, overlap=block_over)
bvec2 = MAnalyse(super, isb = true,  delta = 2, blksize=block_size, overlap=block_over)
fvec2 = MAnalyse(super, isb = false, delta = 2, blksize=block_size, overlap=block_over)
bvec3 = MAnalyse(super, isb = true,  delta = 3, blksize=block_size, overlap=block_over)
fvec3 = MAnalyse(super, isb = false, delta = 3, blksize=block_size, overlap=block_over)
#denoised=stab2.MDegrain2(super, bvec1,fvec1,bvec2,fvec2,thSAD=denoising_strenght).tweak(sat=saturation)
denoised=stab2.MDegrain3(super, bvec1,fvec1,bvec2,fvec2,bvec3,fvec3,thSAD=denoising_strenght)#.tweak(sat=saturation)
Select MDegrain2 or MDegrain3 depending on your application.

I could never get the MVDegrainMulti call to work properly on my system - colors were lost and really noisy.
Old 22nd January 2009, 00:52   #38  |  Link
halsboss
likes to tinker

Thanks tedkunich.

Quote:
I have several versions of the script here, including with MVToolsV2.. with the 'super' clip. Works very fine too.
Quote:
This time I have used less sharpening and I have added some digital grain afterwards with AddGrainC()
videoFred, would it be possible to post your full mvtools2 version script, which contain lines like tedkunich's ? I guess that averaging up to 10 frames will look interesting. Also would it be possible to see where AddGrainC() fits into that ?

Just wondering... with setmtmode(mode=2,threads=4) which splits up consecutive frames and farms them off to separate threads - does that then muck up any mvanalyses and degrains which are suppose to compare frames in sequence ? MT() could be the workable alternative I guess ?

Last edited by halsboss; 22nd January 2009 at 00:55.
halsboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 02:44   #39  |  Link
tedkunich
Potentate

Quote:
Thanks tedkunich.

You are welcome

Quote:
Also would it be possible to see where AddGrainC() fits into that ?

?
It is already in the script Fred posted...

Code:
sharp2= unsharpmask(sharp1,USM_sharp_ness,USM_radi_us,USM_thres_hold)
sharpX= unsharpmask(sharp2,USM_sharp_ness2,USM_radi_us2,USM_thres_hold2)

sharp3= sharpX.TemporalSoften(temp_radius,temp_luma,temp_chroma,15,2).addgrainC(grain_luma,grain_chroma,0.2,0.2,5)
Old 22nd January 2009, 07:50   #40  |  Link
videoFred

Quote:
videoFred, would it be possible to post your full mvtools2 version script, which contain lines like tedkunich's ? I guess that averaging up to 10 frames will look interesting. Also would it be possible to see where AddGrainC() fits into that ?
Ted has answered these questions correct. The script I have posted *is* using MVDegrainMulti() so you can do the averaging. Of cource you will need the correct MVTools.dll version for this.

Fred.
More Example clips: