Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 27th August 2011, 16:07   #1  |  Link
DodgyGuts

Blu Ray playback stopped working.

Hey guys,

I'm hoping that someone else has had these issues and know's how to fix it, it's extremely annoying and the help from Sony is 'format/recovery' (how helpful).
IF this isn't an ideal forum to ask this kind of stuff, a pointer towards one would also be helpful.

My laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCF11Z1E running Win 7 x64.
AFAIK I have the latest drivers for the 330M nvidia graphics processing (v280.26), as well as updating many other component drivers (sometimes use DriverMax to check).
I'm trying to nail down whether this is a fault of software playback or nvidia, once I know I can then go to the correct place to solve this once and for all.

Earlier in the year I was able to play back blu ray's without much trouble but now each software player I try, it just won't playback anything at all.

This is the support page for the laptop:
http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instr...Z1E_BI&l=en_GB

The bundled player was WinDVD but I didn't like using it, so got rid of it as I had powerdvd v10 which worked for BR playback a few months ago but then stopped. (actually don't like that either)

One thing I have noticed that comes up in the crash dialogues (various software playback players), for BR and actually in some other formats in MPClassic/Potplayer etc, is this:
Fault Module Name: nvd3dum.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.17.12.8026

The BR drive is a:
MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ240AS

If there are some more details required, please just mention it.

Last edited by DodgyGuts; 27th August 2011 at 16:11.
DodgyGuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 23:37   #2  |  Link
DodgyGuts

Sorted.
Completely clean installed nvidia drivers (uninstalled all of the old ones), then clean installed the new ones.
Phew, least it was easy
DodgyGuts is offline   Reply With Quote