Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2004, 13:19   #121  |  Link
Marmis

www.sceneaid.com seems to be down and I would desperatly need ScenAid just now. I tried searching for it in Google, but all sites linked it to www.sceneaid.com

Is it a large file? Could anyone mail it or anything?

Thanks.
Old 18th May 2004, 01:47   #122  |  Link
KamikazeCJ

Error [5] and [91] while importing DIF4U demux dir.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Bare with me as I am new to this forum. I'm racking my head on this as I have done multiple encodes. I'm using the big three to shrink a DVD. (NuMenu, DIF4U, DOCCE4U, then trying the new Scenaid v 0905. All softwares are latest. I'm getting 2 errors while importing Master and Commander into scenaid. One is an "(5)invalid procedure call or argument" ( Audio::Item (line 50)). The other: "(91)Object variable or With block variable not set" (Form1::ProcessDIF (line 3280)). Any answers?
Thanks much
Old 19th May 2004, 01:28   #123  |  Link
dodone

Few question about using this prog with DoItFast4U

1) Is it possible to open a dvd5 backed up on hard disk without using doCCe4u? I've been trying but it creates a scenarist script with mpv files i haven't in folders. If i rename the m2v files in mpv files, scenarist fails in importing.

2) Does "Scenarist NT & the big 3 new" way make possible to import in scenarist the exact structure of a dvd, including still menus and correct connections between pgps? Or i can get only pgps of the videos connected in a sequential way?

Not really concerned about the 2) point (although it would be great if i could have the exact copy of a dvd in scenarist) but the 1) point it's a shame, cause i would encode with a one-click solution and then operate with scenarist to change menus and audio streams, and i have some dvd5 too i would change in their audio streams and menus.

I'm a newbie in dvd encoding/authoring (although i know how to use scenarist), so i hope my questions aren't too silly
Old 19th May 2004, 06:49   #124  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

What's the point in 1? You can just burn a dvd5 to dvd-r(w) anyway

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
Old 19th May 2004, 12:33   #125  |  Link
dodone

I think that the most usefull thing of scenarist is the possibility to change menù and audio stream, and when i say "change" i mean "change the ones on the dvd with self-made ones" and i have some dvd5 i want to change
Old 19th May 2004, 12:35   #126  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

ah ok. Well that's perfectly possible of course. just demux using dif4u. use scenaid/RA to generate a script. import into scenarist. Change what you want and compile

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
Old 20th May 2004, 03:27   #127  |  Link
KamikazeCJ

A couple of days ago I asked for some help with some errors I was getting while importing movie files into Scenaid. I haven't gotten any answers so far. I'm sure there's got to be somebody out there who can throw a few answers my way... Here are my questions:

I'm using NuMenu, DIF4U, DOCCE4U, then trying the new Scenaid v 0905. All softwares are latest. I'm getting 2 errors while importing Master and Commander into scenaid. One is an "(5)invalid procedure call or argument" ( Audio::Item (line 50)). The other: "(91)Object variable or With block variable not set" (Form1::ProcessDIF (line 3280)).

PLZ PLZ help... Reauthorist should work but I wanted to try something different. I apologize in advance if I appear a bit impatient....
Old 20th May 2004, 04:17   #128  |  Link
jel

hi KamikazeCJ and welcome to the forum!

unfortunately i doubt anyone but the author, D3s7, will be able to help you with your queries, as the error messages are very particular to the programming of Scenaid.

i am positive that your issues will be addressed in due course, however owing to the very nature of beta testing/development and the fact that D3s7 is coding this application in his spare time, i would honestly give ReAuthorist a try on this title, or leave your final steps of this back-up for a later day when a new version is released(or if your really game you could try to manually reauthor the title yourself )

knowing d3s7, he is most likely coding like crazy to release a new version, however if instead, he is kicking it back on a beach with a tequila sunrise or 30, i personally wish him all the best - the break is well earned.

cheers

j
Old 20th May 2004, 05:02   #129  |  Link
KamikazeCJ

Quote:
or if your really game you could try to manually reauthor the title yourself
hehehe ... I'd rather be kicking it on a beach with a tequila sunrise...

Thanks, Jel, for your welcome and response! And to D3S7, Eyes Only, etc. a huge thumbs up keep up the great work. Maybe soon we'll have a one-click rebuilder like DVD Rebuilder but with all the control of DIF4U and company. I understand many concepts and structures of video processing and authoring but mastering some of these programs like scenarist with the time I can justify for it is a different story.
Old 22nd May 2004, 07:56   #130  |  Link
d4g

sceneaid dont work help

hi i had sceneaid working before on my p4 machine i reinstaled windows and now everytime i try to run the program i get an error that its missing a .dll file or somehting is corrupt it keeps asking for the mscof file.......

does anyone know how to resolve this issue
Old 22nd May 2004, 16:27   #131  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

try reinstalling scenaid.... sounds like a key dll was removed
Old 22nd May 2004, 23:33   #132  |  Link
d4g

??

ok i did what u said and the sae problem arose....

so what i did was installed scenaid on my laptop where it worked to a searchh for the mscomtl.ocx file where it was locatted in the system 32 folder copied it and put it on my p4machine system 32 folder where now the p4 machine runs sceneaid now.. why it was doing it i have now idea it wasnt installing that file...

thanx ds
Old 27th May 2004, 11:29   #133  |  Link
fourtyfour
Germanicus

servus...

scenaid script imports all of my subtitles (13), but only generate 9 !
After I won´t believe influenza, I tried with RA, and it worked.
(yes, you´re right, I´m wrong )

Alle subtitles are were they should.

But know I wqant to know why?
What is the problem in Scenaid script?

Can anyone explain?
Old 27th May 2004, 11:38   #134  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

I think I told you very clearly on IRC where to look for the fault.

You have to look at the subtitle assignments in the property browser. Go to the scenario tab. On the left hand side of the screen browse to the specific pgc. Then in the property browser double click on subpic attributes. After that double click on the specific subtitle stream. There is something wrong. Set them as they should be and you'll be fine. Compare the RA and scenaid script within scenarist and you'll see the differences.

Old 27th May 2004, 14:03   #135  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Sorry guys for the delay in any updates on where we are at... my Admin side kicked in and the Programming side to a back chair for awhile. Things are now back where they should be and as soon as I finish a couple minor fixes/changes I'll be posting an new build.

Be aware though, this build is a totally new beast. Lots of changes (actually, everything changed), some things I stepped back from till I'm sure others are working properly (IE subs)

If you can hold on for a few more days, I'm sure the changes will be worth the wait
Old 31st May 2004, 03:23   #136  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

New version is out and as normal this thread will be closed to keep things in one area

- D3s7
Closed Thread