Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 27th December 2011, 22:18   #11681  |  Link
clubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrobbie View Post
AMD CCC, under the video settings tab, should i use auto deinterlacing or should i use vector adaptive, which will give me the best quality
im using an ati 5670, mpc-hc, madvr, lav splitter, lav video and audio
what other settings under the video settings should i enable or disable
It's widely discussed that turning off everything except Smooth Video Playback is the way to go. YMMV however.
clubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 22:54   #11682  |  Link
jmonier

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubby View Post
It's widely discussed that turning off everything except Smooth Video Playback is the way to go. YMMV however.
For the setting he's talking about, an "Off" choice doesn't make sense. Even if were available, that would turn off de-interlacing, which is NOT what is wanted. The useful choices are either "Auto" or a specific de-interlacing method.

It's my understanding that "Auto" gives you the best de-interlacing method that the card is capable of. With a decent card and cpu, it's my experience that it gives you Vector Adaptive. I use "Auto" with the expectation that it will usually give me Vector Adaptive but will fall back to another method in the unlikely event that Vector Adaptive will not work.
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 03:41   #11683  |  Link
JarrettH

What does the overshoot max frame latency tweak actually do? Is it a good or bad thing?
JarrettH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 06:41   #11684  |  Link
ryrynz

I would imagine it does what it states overshoots the standard maximum frame latency. It's not bad, just not ideal and as with all the other options in that category it's a case of it it helps, use it.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 08:19   #11685  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
Is there any news on a feature with the same function as the Autochange Fullscreen Monitor Mode in mpc-hc being added to madVR?

Would kill for this function

Often, i would be watching a movie in a window, and it's a pain trying to browse in 24hz mode.

I would just ditch madVR's refresh changer and use the one in mpc-hc but with madVR this causes other problems when you try to fullscreen certain files.

Thanks.
+1 for this feature!
THX-UltraII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 22:21   #11686  |  Link
BatKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
Is there any news on a feature with the same function as the Autochange Fullscreen Monitor Mode in mpc-hc being added to madVR?

Would kill for this function

Often, i would be watching a movie in a window, and it's a pain trying to browse in 24hz mode.

I would just ditch madVR's refresh changer and use the one in mpc-hc but with madVR this causes other problems when you try to fullscreen certain files.

Thanks.
+1 me too

Bat
LAV Filters
BatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 23:11   #11687  |  Link
turbojet

2 issues I recently came across

1) Error in installation on new laptop because InstallFilter.exe couldn't be found. Moving to the directory first with cd /d "%~dp0" fixed it. Windows 7 Home Premium x64 restricted user opening as admin. I can always reproduce it on that computer but not on 2 other computers.
2) OSD (ctrl-j) only shows on the last instance of madvr no matter where it is initialized for example
a) open up videos in 2 players with madvr
b) in first player hit ctrl-j, expect osd, but there is none
c) move to second player and the osd is showing when its expected to show in first player

Last edited by turbojet; 29th December 2011 at 01:16.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 00:32   #11688  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubby View Post
Just in case, smooth video playback is not "widely discussed" to be better turned on. I haven't even seen it discussed almost at all except when ATI first introduced it with the 5000 series drivers. Then, as now (I suspect), not many people asked themselves what it really does.

It's just a dumb "smart" setting that will disable automatically any processing that the driver thinks could lead to dropped frames. Just set it to off, and if you enable some processing in the driver if you so choose, and you get dropped frames, you can choose yourself what to disable. I've never had a problem with it anyway, with the cards being recommended for madVR, it's usually a non-issue.
Old 29th December 2011, 06:52   #11689  |  Link
rahzel

Haven't updated my video drivers in a while, so I just noticed the setting "Enable ITC Processing" in the AMD Vision CP. Does this have any affect on madVR, or EVR even for that matter?
Mine was checked by default.
rahzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 07:20   #11690  |  Link
Andy o

That's been there also IIRC about since the 5000 cards came out. AFAIK no one ever figured out what it does, or that it makes any difference in any configuration, at least in the couple extremely long ATI 5000 threads at AVS.
Old 29th December 2011, 08:10   #11691  |  Link
chinesepanda

Having some video playback problems

Not too sure if this is related to madvr but hoping that someone here can help me since I'm not so much of a video playback buff

I'm getting what seems to be video compression artifacts when I watch anime. (Miscolored squares and colors that shouldn't be there.) I don't get it at all with normal movies just primarily anime.

My video cards are GTX 460 Dual SLI'ed so I don't think there is a problem with my computer not being able to handle it.

I play it on MPC-HC 32-bit since 64-bit isn't supported by madvr but I've also tried it on MPC-HC 64-bit using EVR Custom and the same effect keeps happening.
chinesepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 09:10   #11692  |  Link
ryrynz

Your problem isn't related to MadVR. Either the quality of your anime is poor (try playing it back on another computer for comparison) or you likely have a dodgy playback fliter or bad setup, I recommend installing CCCP.
If you still have issues your probably best taking it to the General Discussion forum
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 10:27   #11693  |  Link
SoBizarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesepanda View Post
Not too sure if this is related to madvr but hoping that someone here can help me since I'm not so much of a video playback buff

I'm getting what seems to be video compression artifacts when I watch anime. (Miscolored squares and colors that shouldn't be there.) I don't get it at all with normal movies just primarily anime.

My video cards are GTX 460 Dual SLI'ed so I don't think there is a problem with my computer not being able to handle it.

I play it on MPC-HC 32-bit since 64-bit isn't supported by madvr but I've also tried it on MPC-HC 64-bit using EVR Custom and the same effect keeps happening.
You are probably trying to watch Hi10P anime without correct setup.

Follow this guide here, or the other one (if you prefer MPC-HC)

Cheers,
SB
SoBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 12:01   #11694  |  Link
nlnl

madshi
Happy New Year!

Please have a look. This is file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43376972/Cadence%2032322.mkv (DVD content) where Madvr detects (film mode) very exotic cadence (3:2:3:2:2).
Is the source content actually 25p transformed to 59,94i?
Shoud it be deinterlaced and decimated to 25p?
nlnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 17:54   #11695  |  Link
chinesepanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBizarre View Post
You are probably trying to watch Hi10P anime without correct setup.

Follow this guide here, or the other one (if you prefer MPC-HC)

Cheers,
SB
I love you.
chinesepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 18:11   #11696  |  Link
racerxnet

Auto Refresh rate

Hi and Happy New Year,

I have a LG 42LD450 television and have been trying to use the auto refresh rate of 23.976 to 24.00 and 29.970 to 60 in MadVr/ReClock. When I submit 1080p24 and 1080p60, MadVr will only use the first resolution submitted in the box. The EDID does not list 24p as a standard resolution, but when changing the refresh rate in CCC I am able to output this rate of 24hz.

Here is what I want to do:

23.976 to 24.00 @ 1920 x 1080p 24 exit back to 60p when done
29.970 to 60.00 @ 1920 x 1080p 60 exit back to 60p

My set up is Nvidia audio and video decoder, MadVR, MPC-HC with Media Portal as the front end. I tried Autofrequency with no luck. I followed the guide several times.

WinXP SP3
QX9650 2 gigs ram

Any help would be appreciated in getting this to work.

MAK
racerxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 19:34   #11697  |  Link
abso

Hi im new here and decided to sign up to ask some questions about madVR.
I installed madvr about a week ago and i rly like the improvement in picture quality. But i have one big problem. Since i installed madVR i get rly short micro judder from time to time (always at same place in a video). I checked my hardware and i only got 20% GPU and 40-50% CPU load. Also i dont have any droped/delayed frames or presentation glitches. I use mpc-hc, LAV, haali combination with madVR. If i run the movie with wmp 12 for example i get no judder at all.

If someone could mb help me with some settings to fix the judder. I am at a point where it is rly freaking me out ^^

PC is a 8800GTS 512 and a C2D @ 3,4 ghz 4GB ram
abso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 20:20   #11698  |  Link
pirlouy
_

What let you think the problem is linked to madVR ? In other words, what decoders/splitter/filters were used when using WMP ?
In another words, it may be plenty of things, don't expect answers on this thread until you really proved it is madVR the culprit... If you're unsure, open another thread where you could have help for your specific problem.
pirlouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 21:00   #11699  |  Link
racerxnet

MadVr refresh rate

I posted up a couple of threads regarding the auto refresh rate in MadVr. I did some more testing and MadVR refresh rate does indeed work. Only on certain videos though. When playing Hancock the refresh rates stays at 60 instead switching to 24.

My chain is Nvidia Audio decoder
NVidia video decoder
MadVr

It may be that the decoder is the culprit, but not sure why the refresh works on some titles and not others. When I press control J the stats show 23.976 for all titles.

Might be a possible bug...

MAK
racerxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 21:19   #11700  |  Link
makakam

Should I be concerned about what scaling algorithms to choose when watching blurays in mpc-hc?
makakam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling