Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 9th June 2016, 12:39   #38261  |  Link
ajp_anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post
It's a tiny little NUC5i5RYK. Basically a laptop computer on a desk. It's actually really neat, even comes with a plate to mount it to the back of a monitor's VESA mount compatible position. Of course that is usually occupied by the stand of the monitor itself. Due to being an ultra-small form factor PC, there is no way at all that I can add coolers to it. There is no room.

Thanks again.
The CPU+GPU combo is limited at 15W of power. When the GPU load is relatively light, it can keep its clocks up, but when the load gets too heavy it has to clock down to keep the power within 15W.
That's also why is fluctuates very much, and it's completely normal. It's trying its best to find the highest possible clock at every moment that doesn't use too much power.
ajp_anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2016, 12:59   #38262  |  Link
strumf666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
Maybe when combined with Kodi DSPlayer. Netflix addons exist. I think they have limitations when it comes the resolution and supported audio formats, but these addons will allow you to play Netflix content through Kodi.

DSPlayer is not available for Kodi v17. However, MPC-HC is and it can be used with the new interface, InputStream, which allows the playback of DRM-protected content. There is already an Amazon Instant Video addon that offers seamless playback similar to the Windows native app. Netflix will likely follow.

Kodi v16 allows playback of Netflix content -- but with restrictions, I'm sure. Kodi 17 is the way forward for streaming apps and Kodi. But no native madVR like DSPlayer.

MPC-HC + Kodi. See here for instructions: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209596.
will take a look
strumf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2016, 13:17   #38263  |  Link
andyvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post
It's a tiny little NUC5i5RYK. Basically a laptop computer on a desk. It's actually really neat, even comes with a plate to mount it to the back of a monitor's VESA mount compatible position. Of course that is usually occupied by the stand of the monitor itself. Due to being an ultra-small form factor PC, there is no way at all that I can add coolers to it. There is no room.

Thanks again.
In my testing Lanczos 3 tap + AR is the max reliable scaling algorithm that this box can handle. I did not test the exact scenario you are trying to enable (scaling 1080p ->), used 720p60 -> 1080p60 as the "worst case" so if that doesn't work you will need to dial it back even more.
Old 9th June 2016, 20:27   #38264  |  Link
castaway

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to list madVR instances already running (ex: MPC HC playing a video) and hook to them (COM interfaces) ?

Thanks!
castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 09:19   #38265  |  Link
kanade

Hello madshi, despite using the latest madVR version (0.90.20) I'm still experiencing driver/madVR crash or even BSoD while using the latest AMD beta drivers (16.X).

Is there any fix for this? I've also tried using "madVR9019amdFix" before but I still experienced crashes and BSoD while using the latest beta drivers.

Downgrading the AMD driver to 15.12 will fix the problem though in return, I'm not able to play any newly released games with that older driver.

FYI, I'm currently using:
- R9 390
- Windows 7 64bit
- LAVfilter megamix: Potplayer slimmed down 64bit + LAVfilters + madVR

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

Last edited by kanade; 10th June 2016 at 09:23.
kanade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 12:24   #38266  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanade View Post
Hello madshi, despite using the latest madVR version (0.90.20) I'm still experiencing driver/madVR crash or even BSoD while using the latest AMD beta drivers (16.X).
You should pester AMD about it. It's not generally good practice to make workarounds for wonky drivers. I do hope they release a half decent set for the 470 & 480 (Polaris) wouldn't mind updating my 960.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 13:23   #38267  |  Link
burfadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanade View Post

Is there any fix for this? I've also tried using "madVR9019amdFix" before but I still experienced crashes and BSoD while using the latest beta drivers.

Downgrading the AMD driver to 15.12 will fix the problem though in return, I'm not able to play any newly released games with that older driver.

FYI, I'm currently using:
- R9 390
- Windows 7 64bit
- LAVfilter megamix: Potplayer slimmed down 64bit + LAVfilters + madVR

Thanks and I appreciate your help.
Have you overclocked your video card or computer at all? Newer drivers can trigger crashes even if older versions worked fine and the computer otherwise 'appears' stable, even in stress tests. If you have overclocked the card slightly try default settings. If you have overclocked your computer, take say, 0.2 GHz off it and see if that helps. If it does, it is indicative that your overclock isn't actually as stable as it appears. The new driver could be triggering the crash simply because it is now making use, or the right sequence of code relating to the instability.

Hope that makes sense . Could also be just a Windows 7 issue, Windows 7 and 8.1 support is really only a passing thought for both Nvidia and AMD these days, almost all their focus is on Windows 10.
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 15:15   #38268  |  Link
kanade

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
Have you overclocked your video card or computer at all? Newer drivers can trigger crashes even if older versions worked fine and the computer otherwise 'appears' stable, even in stress tests. If you have overclocked the card slightly try default settings. If you have overclocked your computer, take say, 0.2 GHz off it and see if that helps. If it does, it is indicative that your overclock isn't actually as stable as it appears. The new driver could be triggering the crash simply because it is now making use, or the right sequence of code relating to the instability.

Hope that makes sense . Could also be just a Windows 7 issue, Windows 7 and 8.1 support is really only a passing thought for both Nvidia and AMD these days, almost all their focus is on Windows 10.
Thanks for the reply.

As of right now, I haven't overclocked anything as everything is running at default speed (auto). I'm currently using i7 4770k and although I overclocked it before, I revert it back to stock speed. Same with GPU and memory as well.

This is troubling.
kanade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 15:36   #38269  |  Link
LePousson

Hi ..

I just got my new laptop yesterday and I am getting problems with madVR versions from 0.89.7 until 0.90.20 ...

I am getting a lot of glitches when playing 1080p/24 files ...

Even if I know that my screen is 60Hz only, like nearly all the laptops, I can't understand why I am getting hundreds of glitches after a few seconds ...

The laptop config is :

Core i7-6700HQ / 8GB DDR4 / Hybrid Intel HD530 & GTX950M (2GB for the NVIDIA)

Thanks in advance for your help and your replies ...
LePousson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 16:09   #38270  |  Link
huhn

most likely an optimus problem.

there is a thread about this on doom9.

you could post on OSD screenshoot so we have more information to work with.

there could other reasons for glitches like windows 7...
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 16:36   #38271  |  Link
GREG1292

What's the best old version of madvr with basic performance and image with least amount of processing?
GREG1292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 16:40   #38272  |  Link
LePousson

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
most likely an optimus problem.

there is a thread about this on doom9.

you could post on OSD screenshoot so we have more information to work with.

there could other reasons for glitches like windows 7...
I doubt that Windows 7 is guilty as if I use the EVR or VMR rendering engine, it is working perfectly ...

Do you have the link to the thread for the Optimus problem ??

Thanks in advance ...
Old 10th June 2016, 16:48   #38273  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG1292 View Post
What's the best old version of madvr with basic performance and image with least amount of processing?
All processing is optional, you can turn it all off and it would run on any kind of hardware. You don't need to find an old version for that.
Old 10th June 2016, 17:12   #38274  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePousson View Post
I doubt that Windows 7 is guilty as if I use the EVR or VMR rendering engine, it is working perfectly ...

Do you have the link to the thread for the Optimus problem ??

Thanks in advance ...
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170937

windows 7 without aero is know for presentation glitches and the desktop composition (aero) is kind of buggy too. i could say more with a OSD screen.

VMR and EVR doesn't tell you if they got a presentation glitch they usually just have tearing without aero.
Old 10th June 2016, 18:05   #38275  |  Link
LePousson

madVR - high quality video renderer (GPU assisted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170937

windows 7 without aero is know for presentation glitches and the desktop composition (aero) is kind of buggy too. i could say more with a OSD screen.

VMR and EVR doesn't tell you if they got a presentation glitch they usually just have tearing without aero.
Thanks for the link ...

Here is a link to the YouTube video I uploaded to show you more precisely what problems I have : http://youtu.be/PAeovGIK1rE

If you can help me a bit, feel free to tell me ...

Last edited by LePousson; 10th June 2016 at 18:08.
Old 10th June 2016, 18:20   #38276  |  Link
huhn

it's a private video so i can't watch it.
and i'm not an optimus user but the people in that thread are optimus user and if i remember right they figured something out about this.
Old 10th June 2016, 18:37   #38277  |  Link
LePousson

madVR - high quality video renderer (GPU assisted)

Yesssssssssssss.....

The fix indicated by Ceremony in the thread of which you gave me the link, is working perfectly ...

I just got the 2 or 3 dropped at the beginning of the video, quite logical under Kodi ...

madVR now plans a frame repeat every 3.5/4.0 hours, and still growing ...

Thanks a lot for your help ...

PS : Should be ok to play my video ...

Last edited by LePousson; 10th June 2016 at 18:42.
Old 10th June 2016, 23:57   #38278  |  Link
tahaa7

Question regarding (de-)interlacing. I am using madVR in combination with MPC-HC (and built-in LAV filters). How do I set up madVR so that it outputs video to my HDTV in its original interlaced form, leaving the TV to deinterlace? I've played with the settings (display modes etc.) for hours, but I cannot get the TV to recognize that the signal it's getting is interlaced, and not progressive.
tahaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2016, 01:16   #38279  |  Link
huhn

madVR is not able to leave an interlanced signal untouched.
i'm not sure if this is even possible with a PC.

just chroma upscaling to 4:4:4 will ruin an interlanced image if it is done before deinterlancing.
Old 11th June 2016, 02:22   #38280  |  Link
CarlosCaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePousson View Post
Thanks for the link ...

Here is a link to the YouTube video I uploaded to show you more precisely what problems I have : http://youtu.be/PAeovGIK1rE

If you can help me a bit, feel free to tell me ...
on my optimus system hd5500 / 930m i had this exact behave showed in the video only if set mpc-hc to run with intel gpu, to me this problem solves setting nvidia as preferred gpu on nvidia cp... and the if set the ceremony fix on nvidia inspector i don´t see any diference on perfomance...
CarlosCaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling