Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 9th September 2012, 19:37   #21  |  Link
MuteyM

HDConcertRipper 1.4.1 released

https://rapidshare.com/files/1437197...certRipper.rar

Code:
* added: support for saving to W64 format
MuteyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2012, 22:09   #22  |  Link
taiyoyuden

O_O Thanks MuteyM!

edit: The W64 option isn't working right. It still does .wav when .w64 is selected.

Last edited by taiyoyuden; 23rd November 2012 at 22:25.
taiyoyuden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 07:07   #23  |  Link
schorman

I'm getting an error after ripping and before splitting:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Expression.Encoder.Profiles.VariableUnconstrainedBitrate..ctor(Int32, Boolean)'.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks
schorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 17:50   #24  |  Link
MuteyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schorman View Post
I'm getting an error after ripping and before splitting:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Expression.Encoder.Profiles.VariableUnconstrainedBitrate..ctor(Int32, Boolean)'.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks
It sounds like you don't have Expression Encoder installed correctly. Make sure you've got the latest version and service pack (v4, SP2).
Old 3rd January 2013, 17:58   #25  |  Link
MuteyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiyoyuden View Post
O_O Thanks MuteyM!

edit: The W64 option isn't working right. It still does .wav when .w64 is selected.
Strange, I just tested a rip with only W64 checked in the Encode box, and I ended up with a directory full of .w64 files as expected. I also did a rip to both W64 and WAV and did a binary compare of the .wav and .w64 files and they have different headers but identical data, also as expected.

Finally, the .w64 files open and play fine in both foobar2000 and WinAmp.

Can you try the latest version of HDCR (1.4.2) and if it still doesn't work, provide more details about what exactly isn't working right for you?
Old 3rd January 2013, 18:02   #26  |  Link
MuteyM

HDConcertRipper 1.4.2 released

Code:
* changed: support eac3to 3.25's new -downDpl and -downStereo arguments
Old 3rd February 2013, 19:11   #27  |  Link
JustinChase

I'm getting the error that the 'wav file is smaller than expected' when trying to rip a 5.1 channel 96/24 stream from a blu ray into a flac file

I'm assuming it's because the initial wav file it creates is limited by a 4GB size barrier, so it's not creating the full wav file in the beginning, so that when it gets to the last file to be split by chapters, the file it's ripping from doesn't have all the information.

I'm not sure why it rips the original PCM into a wav file to start the process, instead of just ripping/converting directly into the chosen format, but I'm sure there is a reason.

Hmmm... I just ran it again, and this time chose flac, wav and wav64, and it gave me the same error, but there are now .wav and .w64 files in the output folder, so my theory seems wrong, and it's only something to do with a flac conversion. The first 9 (of 10) files converted fine, only the last file fails. I've tried it with just the 10th file selected, same error. I've picked a different title with the same stream info (duration, chapter, etc), and it fails in the same way.
JustinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 14:27   #28  |  Link
utenteanonimo64

Still getting "corrupt WAV file" error

Since MuteyM has reappeared after years I thought I'd do the same to confirm that after so many years HDConcertRipper still gives me the same error on many BluRay discs.
Yesterday I tried to rip the Rolling Stones Grrr! BluRay disc; I chose the PCM audio track and asked to extract it to W64 divided by chapter.
A huge file is created and then when it is time to split it into chapters I get a message that says the file is corrupt.
I wish MuteyM investigated error reports and tried to reproduce problems. This PCM to WAV extraction should be the most straighforward use of eac3to and it doesn't require any encoding/decoding so I really have no idea what I could try to resolve the issue.
I am using the latest release of HDConcertRipper and the latest release of eac3to (3.27).
Since eac3to doesn't split by chapter I suppose the code that tries to split the WAV file is within HDConcertRipper itself and therefore the eac3to logs do not provide any useful information.

As a side note let me add that when HDConcertRipper fails my only alternative to get audio output by chapter is to use eac3to to demux and extract chapter information, then remux with tsRemux into single chapters and then demux each chapter again with eac3to! Quite a convoluted process!

Another side note: the first post states that "Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 must be installed if you want WMA output" but I found that if you don't install the MS encoder you get an error even when trying to output to different formats, not only WMA.

Last edited by utenteanonimo64; 15th August 2013 at 15:00.
utenteanonimo64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eac3to