Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 30th January 2015, 20:00   #28141  |  Link
angedelo

Hi,

I would like to know if there is already a solution for my problem.
I have some 2D & 3D 1080p24hz mkv.
For the 2D & 3D movies, no problem madVR change the refresh rate of my projector to 24hz.
My problem is that I need to force my projector for half SBS & half TopBottom 3D mkv at 50hz to play these 24hz files in 3D correctly. So it would be great to force the refresh rate of my display with condition, like a tag in the filename, autodetect the format of the mkv...
I have already looking in scripting madVR with profile group, but the refresh rate can only be set up under the devices panel. This panel cant be scripted.

Anyway, thanks for this great piece of software. (& sorry for bag english)
angedelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 04:07   #28142  |  Link
StinDaWg

I'm trying to play a 1080i29.97 file with avisynth to do IVTC, since madVR film mode does not decimate all videos correctly. I have a G1620 (2700 passmark) and I'm getting 100% cpu usage and dropped frames. Does it really take this much cpu to run avisynth filters in real time?

This is the script I'm using...

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\avss.dll")
dss2("D:\Videos\video.ts")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\TIVTC.dll")
tfm().tdecimate()
StinDaWg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 05:01   #28143  |  Link
huhn

looks like it does. i guess it's the software decoding not the script.
how do get audio with this script?
and more important why do you ask about avisynth issue in the madVR thread.?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 11:42   #28144  |  Link
michkrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by angedelo View Post
(...)
My problem is that I need to force my projector for half SBS & half TopBottom 3D mkv at 50hz to play these 24hz files in 3D correctly. So it would be great to force the refresh rate of my display with condition, like a tag in the filename, autodetect the format of the mkv...
(...)
You can put refreshrate=50 into the file or folder name (if you have multiple files like that) to force madvr to switch to 50hz refresh rate.
Keep in mind you need to have this mode listed in madvr's device settings and have mode switching enabled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post
I'm trying to play a 1080i29.97 file with avisynth to do IVTC, since madVR film mode does not decimate all videos correctly. I have a G1620 (2700 passmark) and I'm getting 100% cpu usage and dropped frames. Does it really take this much cpu to run avisynth filters in real time?
(...)
As already mentioned by huhn, this is wrong thread for avisynth support, but it is the right place if you want madvr to play these files correctly
Check out the bug tracker http://bugs.madshi.net/ and post a link to sample file which is played incorrectly in a similar bug report, like http://bugs.madshi.net/view.php?id=150 or http://bugs.madshi.net/view.php?id=201 depending on your exact problem.
Madshi is working on bug fixes when he has the time and it's easier for him to have everything in one place
michkrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 12:18   #28145  |  Link
StinDaWg

^^ Ya, I already PM'd him sample files. He seems receptive to trying to fix it.

I was just curious if avisynth was such a hit, because someone with an i7 told me he was able to play these with only 10% cpu compared to 5% normally.

Last edited by StinDaWg; 1st February 2015 at 12:21.
StinDaWg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 13:58   #28146  |  Link
angedelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by michkrol View Post
You can put refreshrate=50 into the file or folder name (if you have multiple files like that) to force madvr to switch to 50hz refresh rate.
Keep in mind you need to have this mode listed in madvr's device settings and have mode switching enabled.
Thanks a lot, that's work great.

Last edited by angedelo; 1st February 2015 at 18:15.
angedelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 22:32   #28147  |  Link
lagittaja

Guys, I'm sorry if this is a known issue, tried browsing the thread back a "few" pages and doing some searches but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I'm running:
latest madVR
MPC-HC 1.7.7
LAV 0.63
GTX 670 w/ 347.25 (before had 347.09 which was the same)

If I enable NNEDI3 (chroma up or doubling or both) with any neuron level I get small green dots (or short lines) in vertical or horizontal lines dancing across the screen with any video I try.

Example madVR settings:
Chroma upscaling, NNEDI3 32 neurons
image doubling, use NNEDI3 to double luma+chroma, if 2x, 32 neurons
image upscaling, Jinc4+ARLL
image downscaling, Catmull-Rom+ARLL
smooth motion, only if there would be...
dithering, ED2
trade quality, none selected

Is this a known issue?
If so is it affected by drivers? Should I downgrade them to xxx.xx?
Or is it just nvidia being nvidia? Or does it only work with newer cards?

E: I'm so blind.. Missed BetA13 and Hprd's posts, I'll rollback to 344.75 and see what happens.
E2: And 344.75 works.

Last edited by lagittaja; 2nd February 2015 at 00:06.
lagittaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 05:20   #28148  |  Link
bcec

Is there a way to add delay to video within madVR based on a profile being used?

I am bitstreaming audio to my AVR. At the same time, I have two scaling profiles for madVR. One for using NNEDI3 for 1080p->2160p when fps < 26, and the other is Jinc3 for all other fps (madvr also auto changes the refresh rate for me). Turns out when using NNEDI3, my video is delayed about 100ms, so I add that delay to my AVR for audio so everything is in sync. But this causes out-of-sync audio for content upscaled using Jinc3 (because for Jinc3, I don't actually need to add any delay to my AVR).

Any ideas, how to solve this so I don't have to keep changing lip sync?

Last edited by bcec; 2nd February 2015 at 05:39.
bcec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 05:50   #28149  |  Link
Anima123

I wonder why I couldn't get NNEDI3 run smoothly for 720p -> 1080p with my 880M, only less than 60% GPU load with dropped frames.

Any idea how can I utilize the full power of the video card? BTW, I already configured mpc-hc (changed to mpc-hc2.exe) to utilize the nVidia card with preferring performance, and 32 be the neuron numbers.
Anima123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 06:03   #28150  |  Link
Neeto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcec View Post
Is there a way to add delay to video within madVR based on a profile being used?

I am bitstreaming audio to my AVR. At the same time, I have two scaling profiles for madVR. One for using NNEDI3 for 1080p->2160p when fps < 26, and the other is Jinc3 for all other fps (madvr also auto changes the refresh rate for me). Turns out when using NNEDI3, my video is delayed about 100ms, so I add that delay to my AVR for audio so everything is in sync. But this causes out-of-sync audio for content upscaled using Jinc3 (because for Jinc3, I don't actually need to add any delay to my AVR).

Ditto that - except I'm using an internal Lynx card.
Thought I was going mad until other people watching start commenting on it.
The more I try to use the processing of GPU for lower resolution, the worse it gets. It's getting very tricky to balance the number of buffers that helps with not dropping frames and getting the lip sync to align across the different profiles... SIGH.....
Old 2nd February 2015, 09:56   #28151  |  Link

Quote:
Turns out when using NNEDI3, my video is delayed about 100ms, so I add that delay to my AVR for audio so everything is in sync. But this causes out-of-sync audio for content upscaled using Jinc3 (because for Jinc3, I don't actually need to add any delay to my AVR).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeto View Post
The more I try to use the processing of GPU for lower resolution, the worse it gets. It's getting very tricky to balance the number of buffers that helps with not dropping frames and getting the lip sync to align across the different profiles... SIGH.....
Do you have "delay playback start until render queue is full" and "delay playback start after seeking, too" enabled?

I get very variable audio sync without having them selected.
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 10:47   #28152  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
Do you have "delay playback start until render queue is full" and "delay playback start after seeking, too" enabled?

i hear about sync issue with madVR quite a lot. if you are able to reproduce these issue think about a bug report.
http://bugs.madshi.net/view_all_bug_...d=4&dummy=bla/

i like the dummy=bla part X-)
Old 2nd February 2015, 16:36   #28153  |  Link
bcec

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post

Thanks for the reply.. Yeah I tried that, but doing that actually moves the lip sync difference between NNEDI3 and non-NNEDI3 further away (0ms for Jinc and 150ms for NNEDI3)..

Last edited by bcec; 2nd February 2015 at 16:40.
Old 2nd February 2015, 16:38   #28154  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Guys,

I own a passive 3D setup by Infitec. The Infitec system uses 2 1080p projectors, a splitter and filters in the projector (and of course glasses that correspond with the filters in the projector). It is undoable to get a good calibration from the system so what I want is to use the CMS 3DLUT solution. I also use this for 2D. With this 2D setup I can load a pre-calibrated .3dlut file in madVR and use it in MPC-HC. This way I have a 100% perfect calibration for 2D. '

Enter 3D........ what I want is to play 3D movies with madVR as renderer and be able to use a .3dlut file. The problem is that MPC-HC (or any other non-commercial software besides PDVD and TMT) does not support frame-packed 3D .iso. So I was wondering if there is a way to rip my 3D .iso's to a format that is supported by MPC-HC wihout losing ANY resolution/quality. Am I correct that this can be done by playing a full top-bottom? Or maybe there is another way to play a 3D iso + madVR.
THX-UltraII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 21:53   #28155  |  Link
bcec

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
i hear about sync issue with madVR quite a lot. if you are able to reproduce these issue think about a bug report.
http://bugs.madshi.net/view_all_bug_...d=4&dummy=bla/

i like the dummy=bla part X-)
Thanks for the link. Done, http://bugs.madshi.net/view.php?id=252
Old 2nd February 2015, 22:40   #28156  |  Link
braddock

Is anyone using a GTX 960 with madvr yet? I am currently using a 750ti in my htpc and am wondering if the 960 is worth the upgrade.
braddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 01:07   #28157  |  Link
bcec

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddock View Post
Is anyone using a GTX 960 with madvr yet? I am currently using a 750ti in my htpc and am wondering if the 960 is worth the upgrade.
I upgraded from a gtx 650 to 960. Happy so far.
Old 3rd February 2015, 01:15   #28158  |  Link
shaolin95

Quote:
I upgraded from a gtx 650 to 960. Happy so far.
But he has the 750ti which has VP6..isnt that worth something for madvr or not really used?
shaolin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 12:21   #28159  |  Link
a8213711

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
I tested it with MPC-BE and these display modes: 1080p23, 1080p24, 1080p50, 1080p59, 1080p60

the file switches to 50 hz with madVR IVTC the same with deinterlacing.

the file is PsF 2:2 so madVR IVTC is the better choice.
Thank you.
I tried "disable automatic source type detection" on film/video/off, and always get 59.94Hz, but if I use ctrl+alt+shift+t it loops between 50 (Video) and 25 (Film). Also I have "automatically activate deinterlacing when needed" checked with "if in doubt, deactivate".
Really weird.

And where do you get that PsF 2:2?
a8213711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 12:54   #28160  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by a8213711 View Post
Thank you.
I tried "disable automatic source type detection" on film/video/off, and always get 59.94Hz, but if I use ctrl+alt+shift+t it loops between 50 (Video) and 25 (Film). Also I have "automatically activate deinterlacing when needed" checked with "if in doubt, deactivate".
Really weird.
you could try to completely reset madVR.
do you maybe use profiles i don't get why madVR does what it does in your case.
Quote:
And where do you get that PsF 2:2?
by simply looking at the frames.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling