Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 6th October 2019, 15:37   #28881  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Hi jdobbs
Why not try to help improving tsmuxer now that source code is available ?
It would decrease the number of Bdrebuilder workarounds because of tsmuxer bugs...

Last edited by FilipeAmadeuO; 6th October 2019 at 15:40.
FilipeAmadeuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2019, 15:38   #28882  |  Link
choirboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman0208 View Post
In "Setup" set the DECODER to DirectshowSource ...
If it's set to X264's internal LAVF, then Onepass CRF is disabled
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2019, 16:25   #28883  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeAmadeuO View Post
Hi jdobbs
Why not try to help improving tsmuxer now that source code is available ?
It would decrease the number of Bdrebuilder workarounds because of tsmuxer bugs...
Yeah, I've thought about it and looked at it a little. But I'm not sure anyone has even had a successful compile that results in a working EXE with it yet. So it's not as easy as you might think. Again I only had a quick look at the code, but it seems comments are pretty few and far between as well, making it harder for someone (other than the original author) to follow.

The main factor holding me back on that front, though, is that it would take time and effort to start working on it -- time that I'd have to pull from BD Rebuilder -- and I'd like to have UHD working reliably before I consider doing that.

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th October 2019 at 16:30.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2019, 17:34   #28884  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yeah, I've thought about it and looked at it a little. But I'm not sure anyone has even had a successful compile that results in a working EXE with it yet. So it's not as easy as you might think. Again I only had a quick look at the code, but it seems comments are pretty few and far between as well, making it harder for someone (other than the original author) to follow.

The main factor holding me back on that front, though, is that it would take time and effort to start working on it -- time that I'd have to pull from BD Rebuilder -- and I'd like to have UHD working reliably before I consider doing that.
Building in 32 seems to be already working (still some bugs on 64 bits)
In my personal opinion you would the perfect match to improve tsmuxer because you are aware of most of the bugs/limitations. Of course it would take a lot of time to understand author code.
But it would help you a lot not to be always with workarounds on bdrebuilder ...

Last edited by FilipeAmadeuO; 6th October 2019 at 17:40.
Old 7th October 2019, 04:46   #28885  |  Link
Mark_Venture

apparently I'm having an issue with using SupTitle...

Code:
[10/06/19] BD Rebuilder v0.60.26
[14:04:44] Source:  X-MEN_DARK_PHOENIX_00800
  - Input BD size: 26.77 GB
  - Approximate total content: [01:53:56.412]
  - Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
  - MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
  - Mode: MKV Container, 1920x1080, Intact Audio
  - Quality: High Quality (Default)
  - Decoding/Frame serving: DGDecNV
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[14:04:48] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [14:04:48] Processing: VID_02960 (1 of 1)
 - [14:04:48] Extracting A/V streams [VID_02960]
 - [14:12:59] Reencoding video [VID_02960]
   - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 163,910 frames
 - [14:12:59] Reencoding: VID_02960, Pass 1 of 1
  - Encode failed.  Aborting.
  - BD-Rebuilder v0.60.26
  - Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
  - Working Path Free Space: 2,685.78GB
  - AVISYNTH Version: 2.6.0.6, Ok
  - LAVFILTERS:  Ok
  - X264:  Ok
  - X265:  Ok
  - AFTEN:  Ok
  - FAAC:  Ok
  - MP4BOX:  Ok
  - WAVI:  Ok
  - TSMUXER:  Ok
  - FRIMEncode:  Ok
  - FRIMDecode:  Ok
[14:13:00] - Failed video encode, aborted
Code:
[Options]
VERSION=0.60.0.26
ENCODER=0
MODE=3
ENCODE_QUALITY=2
ONEPASS_ENCODING=1
AUTO_QUALITY=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=0
RESIZE_1080=0
RESIZE_1440=0
RESIZE_720=0
DEINTERLACE=1
SD_TO_1080=0
IGNORE_3D=0
CONVERT_WIDE=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
DECODER=3
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
BDMV_CERT_ONLY=0
IVTC_PULLDOWN=0
ASSUME_DVD_PAL=0
FRIMSOURCE=0
COMPLETION_BEEP=0
OUTPUT_SBS=1
NEROAAC=0
SUPTITLE=1
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=0
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23500
PRIORITY_CLASS=0
TARGET_SIZE=23500
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=11
ALTCRF=19
ALT_TARGET=8096
ALTMETHOD=0
ALTAUTOCROP=0
QUICK_EXTRAS=1
AUDIO_DRC=0
PGSTOSRT=0
ALT_CRF_TARGET=1024
FRIM_SW_DECODE=0
FRIM_SW_ENCODE=0

[Paths]
SupTitlePath=C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\SupTitle.dll
SOURCE_PATH=F:\VIDEO\BACKUP\X-MEN_DARK PHOENIX\
WORKING_PATH=F:\BLURAY-WORKING\
DGIndexNV=D:\BD_Rebuilder\dgdecnv\DGIndexNV.exe
DGDecNV=D:\BD_Rebuilder\dgdecnv\DGDecodeNV.dll
Lastcmd.txt....
Code:
"D:\BD_Rebuilder\tools\x264.exe" "F:\BLURAY-WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_02960.AVS" --preset medium --bluray-compat --b-pyramid none --weightp 1 --slow-firstpass --qpmin=0 --crf 19 --level 4.1 --qpfile "F:\BLURAY-WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_02960.CHP" --aud --nal-hrd vbr --pic-struct --vbv-bufsize 30000 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-maxrate 30000 --threads auto --slices 4 --thread-input --stats "F:\BLURAY-WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_02960.AVS.264.stats" --output "F:\BLURAY-WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_02960.AVS.264"
VID_02960.AVS
Code:
#Created by BD Rebuilder - v0.60.26
LoadPlugin("D:\BD_Rebuilder\dgdecnv\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("F:\BLURAY-WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_02960.DGI", fieldop=0)
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\SupTitle.dll")
SupTitle("F:\BLURAY-WORKING\WORKFILES\02960.track_9999.sup")
ConvertToYV12().AssumeFPS(24000,1001)
If I open a command prompt and re-run lastcmd.txt... I get...
Code:
avs [error]: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SupCore, Version=2.0.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at SupTitle.{ctor}(SupTitle* , PClip* child, String filename, Boolean forcedOnly, Boolean swapCbCr, Boolean relocate, String relocOffset, IScriptEnvironment* env)
   at SupTitle.Create(AVSValue* , AVSValue* args, Void* user_data, IScriptEnvironment* env)
(F:\BLURAY-WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_02960.AVS, line 5)
x264 [error]: could not open input file `F:\BLURAY-WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_02960.AVS'
Everything was working. I'm not sure when it stopped. I haven't touched my AviSynth folder. SupTitle.dll is still located in that path.

While I'm using BD Rebuilder v0.60.26, the issue also happened with v0.60.23. I'm not sure when it stopped working.

If I uncheck Use SupTitle in the setup menu, the re-build to MKV works fine.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 22:30   #28886  |  Link
jdobbs

BD Rebuilder v0.60.27

I have updated the first post of this thread with a link to the most recent version (v0.60.27) of BD-RB. Changes for this release:
Code:
- Created a workaround for a TSMUXER issue 
  that could result in "Bitstream exception 
  Unknown exception." on UHD sources.
- Implemented a strategy that speeds muxing
  of UHD sources considerably by using a
  short filler in TSMUXER rather than the 
  complete UHD source before BD-RB makes 
  M2TS corrections.
- Corrected an error in which multipart UHD
  sources with Dolbyvision could fail during 
  rebuild (calling out a missing file).
- Corrected an error in which multipart UHD
  sources would fail to mux properly when
  MOVIE-ONLY output is selected.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Originally posted in the wrong thread. Thanks, Ch3vron, for pointing that out! mistake.
Old 12th October 2019, 10:20   #28887  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Hi jdobbs
Using v0.60.27 (and previous versions) i have a problem with fast-forward at speed > 1x and fast-rewind at any speed on STAR WARS - THE LAST JEDI (Dolby vision title)
The fast-rewind simply does not work at any speed and fast-forward at speed > 1x moves the play to the next title.
Original version works ok on my Oppo UDP-203 player.
Also SOLO - STAR WARS STORY rebuilded version works ok on both fast-forward and back-forward (not dolby vision title).
Can you please check if itīs a dolby vision titles problem on fast-forward/fast-rewind ?

Last edited by FilipeAmadeuO; 12th October 2019 at 10:36.
Old 12th October 2019, 17:09   #28888  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Hi jdobbs
Using v0.60.27 (and previous versions) i have a problem with fast-forward at speed > 1x and fast-rewind at any speed on STAR WARS - THE LAST JEDI (Dolby vision title)
The fast-rewind simply does not work at any speed and fast-forward at speed > 1x moves the play to the next title.
Also SOLO - STAR WARS STORY rebuilded version works ok on both fast-forward and back-forward (not dolby vision title).
Can you please check if itīs a dolby vision titles problem on fast-forward/fast-rewind ?
I'll try it and let you know what I find... but I'm pretty sure I've tested it with dolby vision titles and it worked.
Old 12th October 2019, 17:46   #28889  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Hi jdobbs
Ok. I just tried it on a couple discs with dolby vision that I'd rebuilt and it works fine for me.

But...

Since my player doesn't support dolby vision, that may not mean there is no problem. A guess would be that my player simply ignores the dolby tracks and so it doesn't affect it.

The CLPI file has a table called the Characteristic Point Information (CPI). Within it are contained pointers to the video packets that are the beginning of accessible points used for fast forward/rewind and chapter skips. My guess is that there may be something I'm missing related to those points within the separate dolby stream.

I'll look at my CPI table and that of an original disc and see if I can catch anything that might stand out.

This UHD support has become a major pain in my ass.
Old 12th October 2019, 18:16   #28890  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Ok. Excelent.
My oppo player in fact it supports dolby vision. I must say that i only tested one dolby vision disc (The last jedi) and it crashs on fast forward.

PS - I sugest you to buy a M9702 v3
Itīs a oppo clone box and it plays every format you can image including isso/bmdv folder style of BD/UHD. Also is compatible with HDR+ and dolby vision

Last edited by FilipeAmadeuO; 13th October 2019 at 15:55.
Old 12th October 2019, 18:36   #28891  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

He doesn't HAVE to buy anything. A 5 second google shows me that's around a $400 machine? Donations are scarce often barely covering costs to buy test disc for a specific problem. Now you're telling me jdobbs HAS to buy such a device? Why not buy it for him and ship it?
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2019, 18:41   #28892  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
He doesn't HAVE to buy anything. A 5 second google shows me that's around a $400 machine?
Oh wow... That's an over-priced device by at least $300
Old 12th October 2019, 18:53   #28893  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
He doesn't HAVE to buy anything. A 5 second google shows me that's around a $400 machine? Donations are scarce often barely covering costs to buy test disc for a specific problem. Now you're telling me jdobbs HAS to buy such a device? Why not buy it for him and ship it?
That was a sugestion. No need to be as agressive
The advantage of the player is that itīs the most compatible device avaiable so would help on testing.
I am sending a donation to help
Old 12th October 2019, 22:59   #28894  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Ok. Excelent.
My oppo player in fact it supports dolby vision. I must say that i only tested one dolby vision disc (The last jedi) and it crashs on fast forward.

PS - you have to buy a M9702 v3
Itīs a oppo clone box and it plays every format you can image including isso/bmdv folder style of BD/UHD. Also is compatible with HDR+ and dolby vision
I sent you a PM with a link to an experimental build of BD-RB. I'd like to see if it helps with your FF/REW issue. No guarantees, as I couldn't test it myself, I was just wondering if the changes might make the difference.
Old 13th October 2019, 15:50   #28895  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Quote:
I sent you a PM with a link to an experimental build of BD-RB. I'd like to see if it helps with your FF/REW issue. No guarantees, as I couldn't test it myself, I was just wondering if the changes might make the difference.
Tested and itīs much better.
Now the FF works perfect.
The REW works perfect at speeds > 2x. The REW at 1x and 2x i can see bitrate changing on oppo player but image is freezed.
You are on the right track

Can you just please test other issue on LAST JEDI.
At 00:02:05 in a scene transition i have another "non smooth transition".
The transition is when it moves from 00007.m2ts -> 00018.m2ts on the 00800.mpls.
So something is still not perfect on m2ts transitions...

Last edited by FilipeAmadeuO; 13th October 2019 at 16:24.
Old 13th October 2019, 17:00   #28896  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Tested and itīs much better.
Now the FF works perfect.
The REW works perfect at speeds > 2x. The REW at 1x and 2x i can see bitrate changing on oppo player but image is freezed.
You are on the right track

The transition is when it moves from 00007.m2ts -> 00018.m2ts on the 00800.mpls.
So something is still not perfect on m2ts transitions...
I will probably never be able to do anything about that transition issue -- as I suspect it is your player rather than the mux/disc (since my player handles it without issue). I'll keep looking and see if anything looks odd. It might be related to maximum bitrate on BD-25/50 with UHD (based upon our prior discussion). Just guessing, though. You might try setting UHD_MAXRATE to a value lower than 45000 in your setup file just to see. Don't set it any lower than 15000 or higher than 60000 -- as those will cause it to default back to 45000.

Don't know what you mean by "other issue"... but I don't have LAST JEDI, so I'm not sure whether I could test it anyway.

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th October 2019 at 17:14.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2019, 17:53   #28897  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Quote:
I will probably never be able to do anything about that transition issue -- as I suspect it is your player rather than the mux/disc (since my player handles it without issue). I'll keep looking and see if anything looks odd. It might be related to maximum bitrate on BD-25/50 with UHD (based upon our prior discussion). Just guessing, though. You might try setting UHD_MAXRATE to a value lower than 45000 in your setup file just to see. Don't set it any lower than 15000 or higher than 60000 -- as those will cause it to default back to 45000.
It can’t be anything related to max bitrate because I do not reencode the video. My only goal is to replace one of UHD subtitle by the Portuguese subtitle of the BD version.

There was a big improvement on previous version v.0.60.26 change:
- Corrected an error in which MPLS sequence end times could be incorrectly updated on UHD sources due to TSMUXER losing HEVC frames. This could cause stutter between M2TS files on multipart sources or early playback termination on singlepart sources.

So I believe it’s something still not fixed related to the same issue (clpi or mpls file or TSMUXER losing frames).
Is there any way I can do to check lost frames in the end or beginning of m2ts ?

Last edited by FilipeAmadeuO; 14th October 2019 at 10:11.
Old 15th October 2019, 18:31   #28898  |  Link
meadrocks

Princess Mononoke incorrect time length

I did Princess Mononoke, movie only, Alternative output, h265 encoder. mediainfo states the duration is 4 hours 21 minutes, yet the movie is only 2 hours 13 minutes. When I play it in vlc it states the movie is 4:21, yet when it finishes playing it at 2:13 stops playing, so there's not an additional 2 hours of silence.
This also happened on Sucker Punch Dir Cut, movie is 2 hours 7 minutes, yet mediainfo & vlc state the duration is 4 hours 9 minutes.
Attached Files
File Type: txt BD-REBUILDER.txt (1.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: txt PRINCESS_MONONOKE.txt (774 Bytes, 20 views)
File Type: txt Princess_mediainfo.txt (7.8 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by meadrocks; 15th October 2019 at 21:54.
meadrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2019, 00:13   #28899  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
So something is still not not right on m2ts transitions...
Quote:
I will probably never be able to do anything about that transition issue -- as I suspect it is your player rather than the mux/disc (since my player handles it without issue).
I came across this problem with multiple M2TS files with my older LG Blu-ray player (with Hard Drive). I really noticed it when I bought my copy of 50 Shades of Grey..ripped and processed it...and there were transition errors that you're typing about. Once I found another good LG player, and Ch3vr0n helped me realize that Cinavia isn't used as much anymore...I decided to get a new one. That movie, plus others..all the transition errors are gone. For a bit, I was thinking JD really goofed in BD-RB. Nope.. So, I'm with JD..I betcha it's your player, too. Now I have a note on that player.."Don't play non-original movies before 2015 or so with this." with a description of why. The newer player supports SRTs much better and other features the other didn't have (Don't care about the "apps".)

What I'm hoping is coming some time soon is the ability to play a Blu-ray root from USB..or ISO mount from USB.. Then not use BD-RE so much.. Would be useful for Cameras and more. Dreaming visionary is fun.
Old 16th October 2019, 08:11   #28900  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I came across this problem with multiple M2TS files with my older LG Blu-ray player (with Hard Drive). I really noticed it when I bought my copy of 50 Shades of Grey..ripped and processed it...and there were transition errors that you're typing about. Once I found another good LG player, and Ch3vr0n helped me realize that Cinavia isn't used as much anymore...I decided to get a new one. That movie, plus others..all the transition errors are gone. For a bit, I was thinking JD really goofed in BD-RB. Nope.. So, I'm with JD..I betcha it's your player, too. Now I have a note on that player.."Don't play non-original movies before 2015 or so with this." with a description of why. The newer player supports SRTs much better and other features the other didn't have (Don't care about the "apps".)

What I'm hoping is coming some time soon is the ability to play a Blu-ray root from USB..or ISO mount from USB.. Then not use BD-RE so much.. Would be useful for Cameras and more. Dreaming visionary is fun.
I understand that players can make some difference but only the rebuilded version have small shutter problem. If I play original there is no shutter.
I believe that it’s something not 100% perfect.
Regarding player the OPPO is considered the best player around so I am not talking about low quality player