Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 1st November 2003, 22:36   #1  |  Link
nanogate

I worry about wanrnings in the job window

Hi guys,
I got a problem (I guess it's a problem).
Wehn I encode an avs using 2-pass mode with xvid, vdubmod always shows me a "Done (warnings)" in the first-pass.
I didn't know what problem vdubmod had and I also don't know where to look what possible problems could be.
The second-pass is mostly "(Done)"(only sometimes with warnings).
I also noticed that GKnot is 3x as fast with the same script as vdubmod when i start it manually.
But Quality is the same.
I don't think that i did anything wrong, but please tell me if you think of somewhat.

nano
Old 2nd November 2003, 03:05   #2  |  Link
Tuning
I'm back! :D

Re: I worry about wanrnings in the job window

Quote:
Originally posted by nanogate
I also noticed that GKnot is 3x as fast with the same script as vdubmod when i start it manually.But Quality is the same.
GKnot is using Fast Recompress,and you may be using Full processing.That makes difference.If you are using filters then you cannot do fast recompress as the filters will be disabled.Instead you could add the filers of avisynth in your avs and perform fast recompress.
Regarding the warnings,in what context is this shown.(I mean while opening...etc)
Old 2nd November 2003, 11:13   #3  |  Link
nanogate

I ALWAYS use Fast Recompress.
Old 2nd November 2003, 12:51   #4  |  Link
Iznogūd

Hi

Quote:
I didn't know what problem vdubmod had and I also don't know where to look what possible problems could be.
You can view the log file which stores the warnings by hitting "F8" key, or with "Options/Show log..." command.

I usually receive such warnings when VDMod has got to wait an excessive amount of time for the next frame to be served. With my poor old 800Mhz CPU, I get no more than 2 fps on Divx 5.10's slowest mode so anything that draws CPU power away from the encoding job causes a delay that may trigger a warning, but it does not completely stop the process nor has any effect on the final quality.

Quote:
I also noticed that GKnot is 3x as fast with the same script as vdubmod when i start it manually.
No clue on this one, sorry..
Iznogūd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2003, 01:56   #5  |  Link
Tuning
I'm back! :D

Quote:
May be different color system.(RGB,YUV,YV12..)
Old 27th November 2003, 18:09   #6  |  Link
nanogate

Mostly I use YV12
Old 2nd December 2003, 13:13   #7  |  Link
dimitrius
Latest neuron count: 863

here's a thing to try:

double click on the job item that has a warning next to it. A log window with warnings for that item should come up and reset the item from Done (warnings) to just Done. When you double click on an item without warnings then it just toggles between
Done-Waiting-Posponed-Waiting-Posponed

if in the log it says something like "IO thread has not cycled for ten seconds" then that's nothing to wory about, simply means either your computer was a bit slow or some other process grabed the CPU for a bit.
dimitrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2003, 16:13   #8  |  Link
nanogate

thx for the double-click tip
the warning was "avisynth detected extended handling enabled" or something like that.