Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th January 2010, 04:38   #841  |  Link
an3k

Donating not possible. The PayPal donate button works but then PayPal website shows an error.

Hell...i already got my license.txt ... can't remind buying it. checked my mails and there it is. bought it ~5 month ago ... shame on me

but regardless of this, the link doesn't work - cleared Browser History, Cookies, Passwords, etc. and tested it on two computers but it doesn't work. Guess the HTML-Frameset is the problem

Again thanks for the great software. Played "The Dark Night" BluRay-Rip (up to 50 Mbit/s) in WMP11 on a GTX295 ... 0% CPU usage and ~50% GPU usage. Very well! A nice tool for GFX information is GPU-Z made by techpowerup.com (freeware). It's like CPU-Z which is made by CPUID.com

Last edited by an3k; 5th January 2010 at 04:58.
an3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 09:02   #842  |  Link
JoeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
JoeH a DG based framework for Vegas seems nice (also in terms of costs) but in your case i guess it's better to use a Native Vegas Plugin solution like that from Divide Frame
Looks interesting - thanks for pointing that out. I'll give it a try when I eventually upgrade to Vegas 9. I am currently using Vegas Pro 8.

BTW, neuron2, if you could put together a relatively dummy-proof version of your program for Vegas / Premiere users, you might be able to make a lot more sales. Just an idea.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 09:31   #843  |  Link
an3k

There is a Premiere Plugin for AviSynth but it only supports Premiere 5.x / 6.x and Premiere Pro 1.0 / 1.5, see videotools.net
Old 5th January 2010, 20:39   #844  |  Link
rack04

Are the DG NV tools compatible with the 64-bit version of AviSynth?
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 22:35   #845  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
Are the DG NV tools compatible with the 64-bit version of AviSynth?
no, every plugin that is for avisynth x86 does not work for avisynth x64 and vice versa.
Old 5th January 2010, 23:56   #846  |  Link
JeffBDVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by an3k View Post
There is a Premiere Plugin for AviSynth but it only supports Premiere 5.x / 6.x and Premiere Pro 1.0 / 1.5, see videotools.net
I'm using this Pr CS AVS Importer now with CS4. I'm using RC1. It works a treat.

Install it into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore\ folder and it'll be available to After Effects as well!

-Jeff
JeffBDVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 00:26   #847  |  Link
an3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffBDVS View Post
I'm using this Pr CS AVS Importer now with CS4. I'm using RC1. It works a treat.

Install it into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore\ folder and it'll be available to After Effects as well!

-Jeff
Awwww, thank you very much for that! I tried DGVfapi but doesnt work. Also tried AVFS and it wasn't working very well. But this "Plugin" works really great.
Old 6th January 2010, 02:29   #848  |  Link
rack04

Since upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 I have noticed that I'm unable to play DGDecNV avisynth scripts in MPC-HC. It just says "unable to render file". Encoding the DGDecNV avisynth script using x264 works. Really it's not a big deal since it is not designed for playback just wanted to know why it doesn't play in MPC-HC. Here is the script:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\DGIndexNV\DGMultiDecodeNV.dll")
DGMultiSource("E:\Work\hd_distributor_fox_blu_ray.dgi", resize_w=1280, resize_h=720)
Old 6th January 2010, 03:51   #849  |  Link
Blue_MiSfit
Derek Prestegard IRL

Hope you're feeling well, Don!

Glad to see that DG NV development is still proceeding at a nice pace. I think my next card will be an nVidia, just for these tools! (provided Fermi isn't a total dissapointment!)

~MiSfit
Old 6th January 2010, 09:21   #850  |  Link
JoeH

Quote:

-Jeff
Wow. Thanks. That's just the type of thing that might make me reconsider using Adobe Premiere... how does the CUDA rendering in DG-NV work with H264/VC1 in Premiere?

How does it compare to the Premiere avisynth import filter?

Last edited by JoeH; 6th January 2010 at 09:24.
Old 6th January 2010, 09:30   #851  |  Link
an3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_MiSfit View Post
Hope you're feeling well, Don!

Glad to see that DG NV development is still proceeding at a nice pace. I think my next card will be an nVidia, just for these tools! (provided Fermi isn't a total dissapointment!)

~MiSfit
If you want full GPU support, choose a GT240. This card can handle upcoming AVC-MVC (which is stereoscopic video) and for sure MPEG2 + MPEG4 AVC and MPEG4 ASP. I ordered one two days ago to replace my 7800GTX (2nd PC). The price is around 90 euro. The card normally has a HDMI + VGA + Dual-Link DVI.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PureVid..._.28HD.29_GPUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
Wow. Thanks. That's just the type of thing that might make me reconsider using Adobe Premiere... how does the CUDA rendering in DG-NV work with H264/VC1 in Premiere?
Dunno yet, my license went invalid somehow...need to wait for Don but i'll report after i used it.
Old 6th January 2010, 09:47   #852  |  Link
Varies

GeForce GT 240 good for video, but not good for games and GPU encoding (if is it possible) because it contain only 96 CUDA cores, when top solutions had have 480 cores.
Old 6th January 2010, 10:56   #853  |  Link
MOS-Marauder

Quote:
Since upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 I have noticed that I'm unable to play DGDecNV avisynth scripts in MPC-HC. It just says "unable to render file". Encoding the DGDecNV avisynth script using x264 works. Really it's not a big deal since it is not designed for playback just wanted to know why it doesn't play in MPC-HC. Here is the script:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\DGIndexNV\DGMultiDecodeNV.dll")
DGMultiSource("E:\Work\hd_distributor_fox_blu_ray.dgi", resize_w=1280, resize_h=720)

Well if u use Avisynth 32bit it runs well.

(But only if u dont have the Problem that i have *G*)

Chris
MOS-Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 11:07   #854  |  Link
Deinorius
Najarenthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by an3k View Post
If you want full GPU support, choose a GT240. This card can handle upcoming AVC-MVC (which is stereoscopic video) and for sure MPEG2 + MPEG4 AVC and MPEG4 ASP. I ordered one two days ago to replace my 7800GTX (2nd PC). The price is around 90 euro. The card normally has a HDMI + VGA + Dual-Link DVI.
How about a Geforce G 210? Cheaper and should support nearly the same als GT240.
Deinorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 14:35   #855  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS-Marauder View Post
Well if u use Avisynth 32bit it runs well.

(But only if u dont have the Problem that i have *G*)

Chris
I am using Avisynth 32bit. I guess it's something wrong with my settings in MPC-HC.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:48   #856  |  Link

Quote:
I guess it's something wrong with my settings in MPC-HC.
I think it must be that as it is working fine for me.

@all

I'm aware of two bugs right now:

1. As shon3i described, backward stepping by GOP for program streams is broken. I have it fixed locally and the fix will be in the next build.

2. When serving an MKV file via the script to VirtualDub and then scrolling on the timeline so that end of file is reached, subsequent navigation causes a lockup. Fix is in progress.

Last edited by Guest; 6th January 2010 at 15:50.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 02:08   #857  |  Link
JeffBDVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post

How does it compare to the Premiere avisynth import filter?
Loading a long 1080p24 AVCHD clip via an AVS script using DGIndexNV into a matching Premiere Pro sequence plays back as smooth as silk. Rendering effects and transitions is much slower; how much slower depends on your rig's horsepower.

I know I had some issues with Ian's plugin, which is what prompted me to search for the one I'm using now.

-Jeff
JeffBDVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 04:29   #858  |  Link
an3k

neuron2: I don't know if this is a bug.

I use the latest version of DGIndex and DGIndexNV. I open some VOB files (_01 to _05), set to demux audio. I save the project and demux video.

I also use a template.avs:

Code:
v = DGSource("__vid__")
a = NicAC3Source("__aud__")

AudioDub(v,a)
After the operation is finished i open the avs file and __vid__ is replaced by somename.dgi and __aud__ is replaced by somefile.ac3. Fine!
Then i open the dgi file but in there the VOB files are listed, not the demuxed video file.

Would be great if DGINdex(NV) would use the demuxed video in the dgi file if i use "save and demux video". If i just save the project current behaviour is fine!

Thanks mate!
Old 7th January 2010, 18:40   #859  |  Link
JoeH

Quote:
Loading a long 1080p24 AVCHD clip via an AVS script using DGIndexNV into a matching Premiere Pro sequence plays back as smooth as silk. Rendering effects and transitions is much slower; how much slower depends on your rig's horsepower.

I know I had some issues with Ian's plugin, which is what prompted me to search for the one I'm using now.

-Jeff
Thanks. I have also tried MakeAVIS recently, and Link2 to see if they would work with Vegas.

I have not gotten MakeAVIS to work at all. Link2 works most of the time, but the settings differ based on the file which is disconcerting - I can't quite figure out yet what makes the difference as they are theoretically the same type.

I get the impression that all of these AVS wrapper tools are SO close to working with Vegas, but they just need someone who keeps them up to date... most of them haven't been touched in years. AVFS seems to work well, but has lots of overhead.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:09   #860  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I'll try to get some up-to-date manuals ready.
What is the latest status on CLI instructions? My GT240 arrived today and I'll be putting in either late tomorrow night, or Saturday afternoon, and will obviously want to start running tests.

Thanks.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote