Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 8th March 2009, 14:39   #1881  |  Link
jpcmanso

Good job, jdobbs!
Keep going, but i have a simple but pertinent question. If 'Movie-Only' with 1 audio has less than 25GB, how to have an image backup without reencoding? As you can confirm, the initial size doesn't change with one or all the audio tracks. So, to the reencoder the image is always superior than 25GB...
Regards.
jpcmanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 19:25   #1882  |  Link
Furiousflea

Cheers dobbles, coming along nicely We all know what I'm waiting for lol great work tho man. Another donation coming along in the next couple of days from me.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 19:53   #1883  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
There are several posts on this but to save you looking it appears to be the path length. Just create a top folder called 'spider3' for instance and then move the BMDV and Certificate under it.

That trick fixed the problem.

HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 20:02   #1884  |  Link
old-hack

Beverly Hills Chihuahua

The Bluray disc contents are only 33.9 G. But when BD Rebuilder begins to execute, it sees multiple copies of the main m2ts causing the size to increase to 57.94 G.

I've attached the pictures of each stage for both full backup and movie only backup as well as a picture of the BD Rebuild log. That is the only log generated.

Since I'm creating a BD-9 and the drive I'm creating it on has over 160 G remaining, I don't understand why "The target is too small to continue" message occurs.

Thanks.
Attached Images

old-hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 20:17   #1885  |  Link
tyau

Thanks Jerry. I can't wait to try this new version out. The x264.exe crash seems to come and go randomly. My CPU and memory are overclocked mildly but with excellent cooling and stability. I initially thought the x264.exe was related to elevated CPU temperature due to prolong hihg-load CPU usage. I reduce the overclocking rate slightly and the crashing is non-apparent during the rebuilding process. But other times the crash doesn't appear at all even at overclocked rates. I cannot tell whether the x264.exe crash was due to high CPU temperature (of around 40c) or whether it is due to a programming error or bug.
tyau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 21:10   #1886  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

How difficult would it be to say add a feature where you could double click on a video icon to signal that you want to just copy that m2ts intact like you can to enable/disable audio tracks to also help overcome with mixed interlaced/progressive content problem.

While I appreciate being able to use the min vts method but if the problematic file is say >1or2GB this also means that there is alot of overhead from many other files that can be sucessfully re-encoded.
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 21:13   #1887  |  Link
rmeyers

40c is not high for a CPU. my E8400 runs at around 60c when encoding. no problems.
rmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 21:28   #1888  |  Link
stef73

my quad core 9300 is running at 45c which is fine 25c - 30c normally
stef73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 22:04   #1889  |  Link
HWK

My processor Intel Xeon X5560 goes 79c to 82c on full load with over clock @ 3.6 GHZ

Still stable and working fine.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 22:11   #1890  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoboy View Post
@jdobbs,

Have been testing out BD Rebuilder on a number of movies after the last few weeks and at the same time keeping up-to-date with the latest version of releases. But I find that during playback on both a Panasonic BD30 and BD35 SAP I see very very slight video “stuttering” and I mean very slight but it is noticeable particularly if you have a scene with what should be constant moment such as a fan rotating or a person walking at a consent speed. It can detract from watching the movie because it can be notice by all once pointed out.

The stuttering is not present if played back via PowerDVD on a PC.

Also If I use process the same movies using "RipBot264" (latest versions over the last few weeks) the playback on the Panny BD30 and BD35 SAP are always perfect i.e. NO slight video stuttering.

I have been using movie only mode with AVCHD high compatibly ON and have tried both the highest and high encoder settings, encoding down to BD9 size.

I am going to give the very latest v0.20.03b a try but this time down convert 1080P to 720P and encode to a BD5 size

Do you have any ideas what could be causing this issue and what settings to change to try a located the issue?

Thanks,
Not a clue, especially since both BD-RB and RipBot264 use exactly the same encoder and muxer... but I can tell you that those players are very sensitive. I think it may be possible the RipBot264 uses level 4.0 for encoding (not positive, though) and BD-RB uses level 4.1 -- but by the specs BD is supposed to be 4.1.
Old 8th March 2009, 22:13   #1891  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcmanso View Post
Good job, jdobbs!
Keep going, but i have a simple but pertinent question. If 'Movie-Only' with 1 audio has less than 25GB, how to have an image backup without reencoding? As you can confirm, the initial size doesn't change with one or all the audio tracks. So, to the reencoder the image is always superior than 25GB...
Regards.
You may see that in the next version.
Old 8th March 2009, 22:15   #1892  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-hack View Post
The Bluray disc contents are only 33.9 G. But when BD Rebuilder begins to execute, it sees multiple copies of the main m2ts causing the size to increase to 57.94 G.

I've attached the pictures of each stage for both full backup and movie only backup as well as a picture of the BD Rebuild log. That is the only log generated.

Since I'm creating a BD-9 and the drive I'm creating it on has over 160 G remaining, I don't understand why "The target is too small to continue" message occurs.

Thanks.
Try the new version and let me know if you still see anything weird.
Old 8th March 2009, 22:16   #1893  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post
How difficult would it be to say add a feature where you could double click on a video icon to signal that you want to just copy that m2ts intact like you can to enable/disable audio tracks to also help overcome with mixed interlaced/progressive content problem.

While I appreciate being able to use the min vts method but if the problematic file is say >1or2GB this also means that there is alot of overhead from many other files that can be sucessfully re-encoded.
That'll work on BD-R backups, but not on BD-5/9 (the max bitrate is too high).
Old 8th March 2009, 22:40   #1894  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That'll work on BD-R backups, but not on BD-5/9 (the max bitrate is too high).
I always do full backups and choose the disc type depending on the amount of content so its very rare I use BD-5 but as a general rule anything upto around 3 hours ill use BD-9 and for everything else its BD-25 but I always test using arcsoft TMT and if that plays OK all burn to a BD-RE to test in my player (Sony BDP-S350) before i commit to a BD-R.

Also is there a way to detect and warn of possible mixed content when BD-RB does its initial scan of the source files because ive tried quite a few music discs and TV shows and you will usually find at least one i/p file and as a habit now I always try to encode every 1080i file using movie only and selecting the alternate playlists and let it run for 10 mins because it can be quite annoying when the full disc finishes and it fails on the last VTS because of this issue.

Another thing ive noticed also is when the extras are 480i 16:9 on the source after encoding and rebuilding they turn out 4:3 and vertically stretched.
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 22:44   #1895  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@jdobbs
ftp://213.221.6.90/tsMuxer/
Do we still need fixcpli with .21?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 22:47   #1896  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Not a clue, especially since both BD-RB and RipBot264 use exactly the same encoder and muxer... but I can tell you that those players are very sensitive. I think it may be possible the RipBot264 uses level 4.0 for encoding (not positive, though) and BD-RB uses level 4.1 -- but by the specs BD is supposed to be 4.1.
True, Ripbot encodes to 4.0 profile apparently.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 22:50   #1897  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jdobbs,
Looks like you may have corrected the problem I was having with Nights In Rodanthe with this "BD-RBV02003" latest release. I just copied over the BD-RB.exe, since I kept the previous workfiles, and rebuild completed successfully this time, no more error " CorrectMPLS() 00009 5".
Thanks for your continued excellent work, efforts and diligence on this program. Just to be certain, I will completely redo the whole movie with this new release, and report back.

EDIT: I guess I spoke too soon and should have tried to play the movie first. Though it did "Rebuild" successfully, the movie does not play after burning to disc. Only intro warning plays, then no other video plays. I will redo the whole project fresh and see how it goes. Sorry for my premature/optimistic report, but hopefully there will still be success!

Last edited by Capsbackup; 8th March 2009 at 23:40.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 23:26   #1898  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Actually there are a number of differences I can see OTTOMH:

Yes BD-RB uses L4.1 vs. 4.0 in x264 commands, but RipBot264 uses 25000 for vbv-maxrate and bufsize also --nal-hrd

BD-RB uses an "ancient" version of tsMuxeR vs. RipBot264, otherwise same .metas I think.

@Discoboy maybe the --nal-hrd is the issue? That's what I'd look at first I guess.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 23:35   #1899  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Actually there are a number of differences I can see OTTOMH:

Yes BD-RB uses L4.1 vs. 4.0 in x264 commands, but RipBot264 uses 25000 for vbv-maxrate and bufsize also --nal-hrd

BD-RB uses an "ancient" version of tsMuxeR vs. RipBot264, otherwise same .metas I think.

@Discoboy maybe the --nal-hrd is the issue? That's what I'd look at first I guess.
The 25000 is too high (in MHO) -- I use 17500 for BD-5/9 and 25000 for BD-25, but that wouldn't make a difference. The --nal-hrd I'll have to check out.

I use the "ancient" version of TSMUXER because all the new ones introduce new bugs -- including crashes. I'll stay "ancient" because it works...
Old 8th March 2009, 23:52   #1900  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
The 25000 is too high (in MHO)
25mbps is maximum for high 4.0 profile
62.5mbps is maximum for high 4.1 profile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264#Levels
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote