Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th October 2002, 23:17   #1  |  Link
postman

mpeg file won't fit in CD

after converting a movie in two 2 mpeg files, often i had one file that won't fit in a 700/80 min cd. i notice a cd just fit 813,xxx kb, sometimes i have 814,xxx kb. i still have to cut this file using tmpgenc tools to bring it down to 813,xxx kb just to fit one cd.
does anybody know how to setup the bitrate under dvd2svcd (i use default as my current setting) so that it wont exceed but just fit a cd, and why does this happen when the default settings looks okey and configured to fit in one cd?
thanks
Postman
postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2002, 23:49   #2  |  Link
LeonMcNichol
Chief Inspector

A simple search would have brought up the solution. Just change in the bitrate tab the 800 to 794. This will tell it to encode them smaller.
LeonMcNichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2002, 15:34   #3  |  Link
postman

thanks

thanks LeonMcNichol.
I'll try that 2nite.
Old 29th October 2002, 22:48   #4  |  Link
Turbinator

Also, you might be using TMPGenc. My research suggests that TMPGenc has a hard time getting the proper sizes just right. I switched to CCE and this does the trick every time... perfect CD fits. Try CCE and see how that goes.

Turby
Turbinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2002, 23:00   #5  |  Link
postman

i'll try cce and post an update. thanks Turbinator.
Old 29th October 2002, 23:30   #6  |  Link
UltimateDBZ

Quote:
Originally posted by Turbinator
Also, you might be using TMPGenc. My research suggests that TMPGenc has a hard time getting the proper sizes just right. I switched to CCE and this does the trick every time... perfect CD fits.
Then your "research" isn't far from the truth I just posted this in a similar topic, no reason to reword:

Quote:
Originally posted by Me
The reason for this is either using TMPG, or 1-pass VBR in either CCE or TMPG. The fastest method to fix it is to do a 2-pass VBR encode using CCE. You'll get near-perfect filesizes every time, and the encoding will not take very long either.