Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 23rd April 2011, 21:23   #1781  |  Link
Ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
No new ffmpeg issues found so far. Never tried the file eating build.

A very quick test with the two VFR samples showed no frame drops with MPC-HC decoder or CoreAVC (vsync on, FTC off). With the 0.23 release version it barely played at all with MPC-HC decoder and vsync on in EVR-CP. I was going to suggest closing issue 31, but I see you've already done it.

The MS DTV-DVD decoder still has black flashes during the opening song of the first/Gitgub VFR sample on my system, but that is also the case with the MPC-HC splitter, so it must be a MS decoder issue. The other decoders are fine, so I'd say case closed.

Quote:
With LAV Splitter, my goal is to never need Frame Time Correction again, so please turn it off, and if some movie doesn't play properly with it off (most likely only with one specific decoder), please report that, so i can fix the timestamps, thanks =)
Here's the sample I referred to earlier. TS/mpeg2 recorded from DVB-S. Live event from the US transcoded to PAL by the broadcaster. Was originally 10 GB. I used Total Commander's binary splitter to cut off everything after the first 100 MB. The issue remains the same after the cut.

ffdshow + EVR-CP: No FTC needed (symmetrical graphs and 50 fps achieved with either Auto or Force bob flags for hw deint).

MPC-HC libmpeg2 decoder + EVR-CP: FTC needed. If "set interlaced flags" (hw deint) is checked it plays at ~43 fps and with that option off (using software/auto deinterlacing) it plays at ~18 fps. EVR-CP graph is "ugly" with FTC off in both cases. With FTC on it plays fine at 50/25 fps with hw/software deint respectively, and the graph also looks OK.

Someone with a Nvidia GPU also told me FTC is needed for symmetrical EVR-CP graphs with LAV CUVID and this sample, but I don't know for sure.

Next issue:
I haven't seen a wrong MPEG-TS duration with LAV Splitter for a long time now, but MPEG-PS still seems to have some duration issues. This vob should be around 8 seconds, but is shown as over 26 hours.
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 21:30   #1782  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

You can try disabling the stream parsing option in the lav splitter config, that should fix it for libmpeg2 - and hopefully not break for other decoders.
It did fix it with LAV CUVID for me, and not break for anything else - i'm going to force-disable the parsing for mpeg2, i guess. (I actually had some .VOB just an hour ago that i had this with, too)
Old 23rd April 2011, 22:35   #1783  |  Link
Ger

Yeah, the ts/mpeg2 sample no longer needs FTC when video stream parsing is off. Quickly tested several other mpeg2/ts streams with ffdshow and MPC-HC decoders and saw no downside to disabling it for mpeg2.

With h264 it was the opposite. Parsing needed to be on to avoid FTC with CoreAVC DXVA.

It's funny to watch some mpeg2 streams (not that sample but some other ones) with the MPC-HC decoder and the stats enabled form the start. The reported frame rate starts high (for a/v sync reasons I guess), then quickly drops to 43 fps, then it realizes that it should be 50 and corrects itself in a couple of seconds, and is stable at 50 after that. Doesn't happen with ffdshow/force bob (drops straight down to 50). Just an observation, nothing wrong with it.

Last edited by Ger; 23rd April 2011 at 22:41.
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 23:21   #1784  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I'll disable it for mpeg2 everywhere then, thanks for testing.
Old 24th April 2011, 02:06   #1785  |  Link
SamuriHL

So, Nev. I created a custom "24" resolution with the new driver and set the refresh rate to 23.976 manually. madVR shows me 23.974xx when playing and not a single dropped frame. Audio sync is damn near flawless now. I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the new setup! When I upscaled a 720p59 file up to 1080p59, it was so exact that I'd lose 1 frame every 3 hours according to madVR. LOL! That's obviously using the latest (since I built earlier, anyway) LAVF Splitter and your latest 0.4 LAV CUVID with the new nVidia drivers. I really couldn't be more happy with the setup right now. There's only 2 features "missing" that'd make it so I could drop commercial players altogether. One is less urgent...the bitstreaming in the splitter. The other is what's keeping me from completely dropping TMT5....title selection. When watching my wife's Glee discs it's difficult to know which MPLS file is the next episode...you'd THINK it'd be in order. BAHAHA, no. This is really awesome!!!!
Old 24th April 2011, 06:41   #1786  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Can only hope that they are at least in sequential order on the discs .. i mean, even when you know which titles are available, how are you otherwise going to know which episode is which - all i can tell you is which .mpls file that is, and the duration.
Old 24th April 2011, 07:40   #1787  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

nevcairiel, could you please replace mp1 and mp2 decoders with mp1float and mp2float like you did for mp3?

BTW tested the latest version of the filters, no decoding bugs found (except known). MPEG2-TS video stream name fixed, thanks. There is a small interface bug: if you call LAV Audio Decoder settings window and after that change audio stream or, for example, DVB channel then status tab is not updated correspondingly (codec, number of channels, channel bars, etc).
Gleb Egorych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 07:47   #1788  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

The status page is once populated on opening, there is no (easy) way to let it know that the settings changed - that'll have to remain this way.
Old 24th April 2011, 10:30   #1789  |  Link
Carpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
One is less urgent...the bitstreaming in the splitter.
I agree to the bit-streaming, guess we just have to wait
Old 24th April 2011, 11:01   #1790  |  Link
CruNcher

Still broken http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=1739

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 11:30   #1791  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
Yeah, broken files don't have a tendency to suddenly repair themself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger View Post
Next issue:
I haven't seen a wrong MPEG-TS duration with LAV Splitter for a long time now, but MPEG-PS still seems to have some duration issues. This vob should be around 8 seconds, but is shown as over 26 hours.
The video stream of that file does for some reason have a duration of 26 hours, must be something weird about the timestamps in the file - doesn't look like i can do something about it.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 24th April 2011 at 11:39.
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 13:32   #1792  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Can only hope that they are at least in sequential order on the discs .. i mean, even when you know which titles are available, how are you otherwise going to know which episode is which - all i can tell you is which .mpls file that is, and the duration.
They aren't. Which sucks.
Old 24th April 2011, 13:52   #1793  |  Link
SamuriHL

Actually, Nev, I have one request when you implement the title set selection code. Can you make it so we can configure a minimum duration to display? For instance, if there's, let's say, 20 titlesets on a disc, maybe I don't want to see any that are shorter than 30 minutes show up in the titleset menu. But that duration would be AWESOME if it were configurable in the properties. Thanks!!
Old 24th April 2011, 13:59   #1794  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I need to filter by duration anyway, having that configurable will be easy.
Old 24th April 2011, 14:20   #1795  |  Link
SamuriHL

Sweet. That will make things so much nicer when dealing with BD's. We'll be able to switch between theatrical and extended versions with ease. That will be a really nice addition.
Old 24th April 2011, 14:49   #1796  |  Link
mr.duck
quack quack

There are a couple of things the MKV splitter built into MPC-HC does that would be nice if LAVsplitter could match.

1) LAVsplitter does not show the title tag at all (would you like a sample?)

2) MPC-HC MKV splitter does not lock the file it opens. File can be moved or renamed and it keeps playing. Is quite useful for my setup with accessing files over the network by multiple people.
Old 24th April 2011, 14:52   #1797  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

How files are opened is out of my hands - either the "File Source (Async)" opens them, or ffmpeg itself does it, nothing i can influence. Besides, i think its silly to expect a video to continue playing when the source file suddenly changes its name.
Old 24th April 2011, 18:54   #1798  |  Link
Plutotype

Hi Nevcairel,

Is it only my setup, that LAVsplitter reports 48k stream when 96k audio stream is present in the m2ts file?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7YEBF5XT

Reclock is reporting 96000 Hz, 8 channel(s), 24 bits PCM, but LAVsplitter only 48000Hz. Is this by design, or can we see 96000Hz already at the splitter?

Thanks

Pluto
Old 24th April 2011, 18:56   #1799  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Its currently not possible to detect the exact contents of a DTS-HD stream. It'll usually never show more then 48kHz and 6 channels.
Old 24th April 2011, 19:06   #1800  |  Link
Plutotype

Quote:
Its currently not possible to detect the exact contents of a DTS-HD stream. It'll usually never show more then 48kHz and 6 channels.
Thanks for the answer,
At least I know for now, that everything is ok with the filters setup.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter