Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 25th January 2009, 21:27   #601  |  Link
LeXXuz
21 years and counting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manusse View Post
@LeXXuz and muci

Try this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...09#post1178709

Cheers
Manusse
You're the man, Manusse!

Now it works just fine.

Do you know what this option does, and when it is needed?
LeXXuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 20:32   #602  |  Link
Mugeb

Thanks for the link Manusse.
Mugeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 00:42   #603  |  Link
Betsy25

I have some problems with SubRip not correctly detecting the subtitle timings.

After I created a Movie only image with DVD Shrink, and after removing the first 30 seconds (little intro) from the movie, using DVD Shrink "Set Start/End Frames" option, and re-creating the DVD.

If I play the resulting DVD image DVD Shrink created in MPC, the subtitles appear correctly, however when you use a subtitle extracter like SubRip, it will "see" the wrong timings for the subs.

For example, using the Set Start Frame in Shrink, If you remove the first 30 seconds of a movie, Subrip will misread the subs by those 30 seconds. In other words, It "sees" the original times from before Shrink cut away the first 30 secs.

I cannot use the "timing adjustment" options from SubRip since DVD Shrink will only show some like "30s, 21frames" when repositioning the start of the resulting movie.

Is that a known problem please, or did I do something incorrectly ?
Betsy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:47   #604  |  Link
Daveyboyc

OCR for DVB subtitles

does anyone have a solution for ripping dvb subtitles (i.e from tv recordings) using subrip/other ocr?
i've been trying to do it for ages and cant find a good solution.
i really need it to work as i'm trying to build a database from tv recordings using the subtitles (in text format) whereby i can search through recording using keyword search terms.

any ideas?
Daveyboyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 13:44   #605  |  Link
Weirdo

A never before experienced OCR issue: After a while of proper recognition, with the usual Bold-Blue characters, transparent characters show up (screen #1), forcing me to manually enter the whole subtitle.
The weirdness continues with garbled characters (#2) and 'undetectable' ones ('halfway' detection, #3).
Could this be a dvd rip issue? (Clone DVD with latest Any DVD in the background, subtitle transparency option, unchecked). Never had this problem.

Thanks

Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 14:21   #606  |  Link
nurbs

Try the "change text color" button. Sometimes SubRip autodetects the wrong colors and causes issues like #1 and #3. Alternatively the subtitle itself may be the problem, but it's unlikely to be a rip issue unless you have problems with the audio and video as well.
nurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 14:49   #607  |  Link
Weirdo

Thanks nurbs, selecting the white colour alone, saved me some time, #2 remains (looks like bad dvd authoring).
A minor problem I discovered now is that many of Subrip's options/icons disappear (out of window) due to my high DPI setting. They can be selected with tab/enter of course, but playing with Vista's 'compatibility' options didn't help.

Last edited by Weirdo; 13th August 2009 at 16:33.
Old 17th August 2009, 13:52   #608  |  Link
vjHeaven

Hello guys
My problem is:

The subtitle position seems to be lower then usual and it`s not scanned entirely. The problem appear only at the first VOB.
What can i do in this situation?
Old 17th August 2009, 14:39   #609  |  Link
Weirdo

Looks similar to my previous post (screen #2). Only solution I could find is to enter it manually...
Old 20th August 2009, 09:29   #610  |  Link
dwrbudr
Unregistered User

Can someone help me rip these subtitles? SubRip freezes after the first line. There are probably corrupt, is there any way to fix them?

http://4storing.com/y3qc0r/da1d8845e...a8e746740.html

Click on the blue button and wait a minute then download the file.
Old 26th August 2009, 21:45   #611  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwrbudr View Post
Can someone help me rip these subtitles? SubRip freezes after the first line. There are probably corrupt, is there any way to fix them?
Try again with these re-processed: link
Old 27th August 2009, 09:26   #612  |  Link
dwrbudr
Unregistered User

How did you fix them?
Old 27th August 2009, 10:19   #613  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

With bdsup2sub.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:46   #614  |  Link
Weirdo

Tried to open the subs that caused me a similar problem with SubRip, but BDSup2Sup gives "Unexpected command 0 at index 0x00000012". This is the dvd-extracted .sup file. It seems to open with Subtitle Creator but no time to check atm.
Code:
pass=subsub
Old 7th September 2009, 22:40   #615  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
Tried to open the subs that caused me a similar problem with SubRip, but BDSup2Sup gives "Unexpected command 0 at index 0x00000012". This is the dvd-extracted .sup file. It seems to open with Subtitle Creator but no time to check atm.
If you would have bothered to read BDSup2Sub's online documentation, you would know that BDSup2Sub assumes a SUP file starting with "SP" to be a HD-DVD-SUP. Since indeed DVD-SUP and HD-DVD-SUP share the same package structure, it is not that easy do differentiate between both formats at first look.
Anyway, just copy a dummy IFO with the same name in the same directory and load that instead. You'll see that BDSup2Sub will import your sample without a single warning. If you don't have a dummy IFO file, simply create one by exporting another subtitle to SUP/IFO.
0xdeadbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 16:36   #616  |  Link
PatlaborForce

I don't know how many people are interested but I started a port of SubRip to C#. that I've called SubRipX. At this point I'm just recreating all the GUI forms in WinForms to start out with and hopefully by the end of next week I will finish with that, since I can't devote my full time the next couple weeks to this, so I can start the major part of the porting.
Old 30th September 2009, 22:50   #617  |  Link
vartaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatlaborForce View Post
I don't know how many people are interested but I started a port of SubRip to C#. that I've called SubRipX. At this point I'm just recreating all the GUI forms in WinForms to start out with and hopefully by the end of next week I will finish with that, since I can't devote my full time the next couple weeks to this, so I can start the major part of the porting.
one word -> awesome!
vartaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 08:43   #618  |  Link
ai4spam
Programmer

@PatlaborForce:
As I suggested earlier to Gokumon when he said he was starting a similar project (see previous page of this thread): start by using some C source from guliverkli: http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/ . That will give you C code that reads and writes .idx/.sub files properly (VSRip http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=84442 ), and even does OCR (SubResync). Obviously a lot of things will still be missing, but it's a start.
ai4spam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 22:41   #619  |  Link
muci

Hy! I have a bit of problem. I'm trying to rip IDX subtitles. When i load them in SubRip, I also load my CHMatrix, which has almost all characters, but for some reason it doesn't recognize it now. Here's the picture.
http://www.shrani.si/?2Q/qe/1GyC3OgD/subrip.png
What should I do?
muci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 23:35   #620  |  Link
medp7060

The enclosed files can be correctly opened and used by VobSub, but both cannot be processed by SubRip 1.50 b4 correctly.

181.sup - the original DVB subtitle demuxed by ProjextX

181.idx/181.sub - Vobsub directly converted from 181.sup by SubtitleCreator v2.3rc1

182.idx/182.sub - Vobsub converted from 181.sup by SubtitleCreator v2.3rc1 after adjusted the colours into black/white.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/332391856/181sup.rar
Does SubRip lack the ability to process DVB subtitles? I have no problem to OCR DVD subtitles.
medp7060 is offline   Reply With Quote