Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 20th December 2004, 22:02   #1  |  Link
Zeul

NuMenu4u RC4 B1.2

New build available.

bug fixes:
Now correctly changes the avs script for field order in format conversion.
CBR now uses the AVG bitrate given not a default of 9000
CBR for stills is now set to max of 8000
Change to GOP settings for conversion - it was restricting N=3, N/M=4 even in NTSC->PAL
Alteration to a pgc/button command. Was not getting the correct GPRM value - was resulting in a Scenarist error.
Internal fixes to the UOPs script creation and cc file creation when using recovery console.

Enhancements:
Now processes the PGC command for GOUP where the command is ffff -> Resume PGC. This was causing an overflow error also.
Option in Default tab to force a min duration for bmps. Only use if absolutely necessary!!

http://www.numenu4u.com/NuMenu4u.zip
http://www.numenu4u.com/Automate_Scenarist.zip

Also an updated Automate.
Zeul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2004, 23:33   #2  |  Link
eriksen76

Re: NuMenu4u RC4 B1.2

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeul
New build available.

bug fixes:
Now correctly changes the avs script for field order in format conversion.
CBR now uses the AVG bitrate given not a default of 9000
CBR for stills is now set to max of 8000
Change to GOP settings for conversion - it was restricting N=3, N/M=4 even in NTSC->PAL
Alteration to a pgc/button command. Was not getting the correct GPRM value - was resulting in a Scenarist error.
Internal fixes to the UOPs script creation and cc file creation when using recovery console.

Enhancements:
Now processes the PGC command for GOUP where the command is ffff -> Resume PGC. This was causing an overflow error also.
Option in Default tab to force a min duration for bmps. Only use if absolutely necessary!!

http://www.numenu4u.com/NuMenu4u.zip
http://www.numenu4u.com/Automate_Scenarist.zip

Also an updated Automate.
Thanx for the new version, but you forgot to update your links in the bottom. There is no link for the full installer. Only executable.

/Eriksen76
eriksen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2004, 01:46   #3  |  Link
Zeul

Well spotted
Old 22nd December 2004, 21:13   #4  |  Link
metatron81

Hi Zeul! First of all I would like to congratulate your job (Numenu). It's very useful program. But now I have a problem. I did the menu of LoTR 2 Extra version. When the program was running there was nothing problem. But when I checked the new menu, I recognised that every navigation buttons were missing.

Do you have any solution of this problem?
metatron81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2004, 23:38   #5  |  Link
eriksen76

Quote:
Originally posted by metatron81
Hi Zeul! First of all I would like to congratulate your job (Numenu). It's very useful program. But now I have a problem. I did the menu of LoTR 2 Extra version. When the program was running there was nothing problem. But when I checked the new menu, I recognised that every navigation buttons were missing.

Do you have any solution of this problem?
Strange, as I did not have that problem with that movie

/Eriksen76
eriksen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2004, 01:09   #6  |  Link
Zeul

metatron81
Please see the sticky, i need the files mentioned to diagnose
Old 23rd December 2004, 11:11   #7  |  Link
Atavarius

I get a Run-Time Error '7':
Out of Memory.

I tried just updating the executable first, then full install and I received the same error both times.
Atavarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2004, 13:10   #8  |  Link
Zeul

What is the full error message ie the call stack that is shown.
I don't see how you can get that, the largest thing that is stored in the memory is the vob file in the Subtitles folder - rarely is that more than 4-5 MB in size.
Old 23rd December 2004, 13:52   #9  |  Link
Atavarius

It doesen't get into the program at all, the error comes up when I start the program. No logfile gets created. I can provide a screenshot if you like.
Atavarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2004, 14:02   #10  |  Link
Zeul

hmmmm
Unsure on this one. I will try & provide a special build that logs every process right from the start, to pinpoint the problem. BTW what other processes are running at the time? Please pm me your e-mail.
Old 24th December 2004, 01:06   #11  |  Link
metatron81

Zeul: Could you tell me exactly which files you need.

I think the problem is the lack of ripping subpicture, because of this the scenarist is not able to place the buttons.
metatron81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2004, 05:30   #12  |  Link
jel

metatron81,

please see this thread: NuMenu Error Files which is what zeul was referring to , which will explain what files are needed.

while i am here i would like to personally thank zeul for all of his amazing work and development of muneu4u this year, and to wish him (and family) a merry christmas and happy new year!

zeul, i will be thinking of you as i lay on a sunny beach enjoying a frosty cold glass of beer ... ahhhh .. summer ... its a beautiful time of year

rock on

j
jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2004, 14:18   #13  |  Link
wmansir

There seems to be a serious error with the bug report system. I tried to generate a report and when I selected the working directory (on the C: drive) it said there were 258 files to be included. Not knowing what type of files you needed I didn't think anything of it until I checked out the .zip file that was generated and found literally every .log and .txt file on my system drive (D: drive).

I just wanted to warn people before they accidentally send out personal information.

I will try to manually gather the files and send in a report later today or tomorrow. The error was on Shrek 2, R1, in Scenarist export:
Quote:
Info
Info Creating DVD Files
Error No valid Sub-Picture exists for highlight 00:00:00:00 in Track(VTS_6_007_t) Sub-Picture stream 1.
Error No valid Sub-Picture exists for highlight 00:00:00:00 in Track(VTS_6_007_t) Sub-Picture stream 2.
Error Validate From DB failed
Error DVD files could not be created
I just re-did it with RC3 without any problems.

UPDATE: I sent the files. I had an email problem so I apologize if you received multiple copies.

Last edited by wmansir; 24th December 2004 at 15:00.
wmansir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004, 23:39   #14  |  Link
Mac Sidewinder

I've run into the following little problem with numenu (using the lastest version): If the menu has quite a few assets to encode with cce (more than 20 or so), I get a out of memory error and it shuts down. I have searched the forums but haven't found any solution.

Mac
Mac Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2004, 19:36   #15  |  Link
Zeul

Mac Sidewinder
Try setting the ecl value in encoder settings, to a low setting. I have seen 2 out of memory errors now, since i introduced format conversion, beats me why!!
Old 27th December 2004, 19:38   #16  |  Link
Zeul

wmansir
I am aware of this problem, but as hard as i try, it NEVER fails for me. So to find out why? Please could you explain your exact settings for me to replicate. ie:
drive that the iso image is stored
mounted drive used
exact output folder name.
Old 29th December 2004, 16:00   #17  |  Link
wmansir

Zeul sorry for the late reply. Did you receive the error report in the email?

For that job the source was an .iso on the E: drive mounted with Daemon Tools v3.47 to the K: drive. The output folder was C:\Shrek_2_US_16x9

The source was an unmodified I ripped it from the DVD using DVD Decryptor 3.2.2.0 (which I just noticed is out of date) in FILE mode. I then noticed the large menu and used ImgTool 0.91 to make the .iso.

Within the next couple of days I will try to do some more test to see if it's my system or just this particular disc. I just did a quick test with a small stills only menu on a disc I just happened to have in my drive and it compiled and completed fine.

I'll try some menus with video re-encoding later, but I have an encoding job running already so it will have to wait.

@ Mac Sidewinder

Are you receiving the memory error from NuMenu or does it come from CCE after it has encoded for a little while?

If it is CCE then check Q14.3 of the CCE FAQ in the CCE forum.
wmansir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 00:57   #18  |  Link
Mac Sidewinder

Actually I get the error when it is reading the avs scripts into cce. When it gets to about 25 or so I get this error. I am using 2.67.00.23 so I will try the fix listed in the faq. Since CCE didn't even start to encode, I didn't think this was causing it. Will let you know. Thanks

Mac
Mac Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 02:56   #19  |  Link
Zeul

Mac Sidewinder
Did you try reducing the amount of assets for each ecl file under encoding settings , as per my previous post?
Old 31st December 2004, 09:15   #20  |  Link
Zeul

New build see

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87433