Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 12th August 2005, 14:15   #1  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

Anouncement: latest revisions of the 'big 3' tools

I would like to give some info on the various released and upcoming versions of the different tools. Mainly summarize some of the features and advantages of the new (VIP) versions for those of you who are too lazy to read.

For the record: I do not program any of those apps myself and will not benefit from any donations.

Because of the new futures there will also be need for new/changed guides. We're all pretty busy, but we'll try to makes some updates soon.

1)Numenu (VIP). The lastest numenu versions have a multi language GUI, support for multiple encoders like HENC en support for muxman.

So the advantage of this version is a wider range of encoders to choose from, including the free HENC encoder.
Besides that it''s possible to use muxman. For those not familiar with muxman visit www.mpucoder.com. Muxman has three major advantages over Scenarist. Number one being the cost (free against costing a fortune), number two the speed of muxing, number three the fact that muxman is lees error prone (read bitchy) than Scenarist.

2)DIF4U (VIP). The upcoming version of DIF4U 1.4.8 has a couple of bugfixes (memory leaks) and added functionality like being able to use DGindex. At this moment D3S7 is developing DIF4U,. Eyes`only has handed over the sourcecode, since he's been very busy with work. Eye's thanks for all the good work so far!!! With the release of version 1.4.8 it's planned to make the current VIP release 1.4.7 public.

3)Scenaid. The lastest VIP releases of scenaid also have full Muxman support. As stated above this means much faster muxing and less errors. To give an example: muxing a dvd with all subs intact took me about 15 minutes with muxman, while the same project in scenarist (including importing all subs etc) could take over 2 hours. And there's full BOV support as well. And finally scenaid can automatically update all files and move them to the VIDEO_TS folder.

Note: the current version of muxman doesn't support multiangle and (true) seamless branching, so you would need Scenarist for those titles.

4)BATCHCCEWS (public). Initially developped by BBWOOF but continued by Trahald. Latest versions support multiple encoders and higher CCE versions. Besides that the latest versions support the use of custom/original matrices. It can also create VIF files by performing a pulldown, which will speed up the Scenarist process (if used).

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.

Last edited by influenza; 12th August 2005 at 19:18.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote