Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 21st May 2004, 19:10   #1  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

BatchUpdateIFO 0.9.0.3 beta

Im releasing something i whipped up.. BatchUpdateIFO.. basically it just does the ifo update process but adds a functionality for processing multiple files at once (it gets to be a chore to do the files one at a time)

NOTE: if batchupdateIFO does not run for you do the following-->
Code:
download this --
http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/comdlg32.cab This is a common dialogue for many controls for 
windows for all programing languages. I use it for the directory dialog.

Unpack and right+click the included .INF, choose install and you're 
all set with the latest version of COMDLG32.OCX (6.1.97.82).

then do...

regsvr32 \windows\system32\COMDLG32.ocx
-- thanx to spuniun for locating the download and d3s7 for helping debug

i wrote it not because i thought anything was wrong with ifoupdate, just because i thought batch functionality was needed

i also plan to add the ability for it to automatically copy the VTS_YY_X.VOB files for you to save newbies a step.. and also to select the correct files to update.. for now you check them yourself. right click the batch area and hit select all to select all ifos.. also batch mode is default on.

Doesnt support acm mode which with scenaid available isnt needed. i might add it later (i never use it.) Being a batch processer its better to be able to only need to update with one method

lemme know how it works for you..

Here is a quick tutorial for it..

Batch-Mode check box
This allows you to update more than one ifo at a time. IMPORTANT! When this option is on.. you MUST check an .IFO in the batch window to update.. It only updates ifos that have checks next to them in the batch window. if none are checked, none are updated. Im going to add a popup that warns you nothing will be updated in the next version (0003). This option is default ON
When this option is OFF, it works like usual.. only the IFO in the 'original pathname' box is updated as ifoupdate would.

Use same pathname as authored for backup
This will automatically create a backup filename with the path of your authored file, using the filename of the original file. i added this because having to change the backup pathname with ifo update seemed like an uneccesary extra step. although you can turn the option off if you prefer to make your own backup path. NOTE - in batch mode, this option is forced on

'Transfer vts_c_adt map and 'transfer timemap and admap'
These options act the way they would in IFOupdate.. when off, nothing is transfered and the original maps are kept. When on, the authored maps are transfered over. things seem to work alot better with these options on so you may want to leave them on. They default to ON

'Transfer Audio and subtitle tables'
This option transfers the authored audio and subtitle tables from each pgc over. these tables contain the stream info for each audio and subtitle (ie when audio stream 1 is selected.. should x80 be played) this is default ON

'Transfer Color maps'
This option transfers the authored subtitle colors over for each pgc. i keep this option off because i usually import the subs myself and the colors are wrong.. so i keep the originals. you should use the same setting you did with ifoupdate. this is default OFF in batchupdate

<edit> 0.0.0.2
- will now take pgc with too few cells (if you dummy a pgc with a single cell it will just copy the cells that are available.) Its not the safest thing to do.. but it is supported in ifoupdate and i figured people might be used to it. 0001 would only update an ifo if cell count matched exactly.

- fixed copy color tables - wasnt copying entire table. p.s. i have this option defaulted off as the original colors work better for me

<edit> 0.0.0.3
- fixed vts_xx_0.BUP wasnt updated after get sectors

- fixed in vtsi_mat details ->vtstt_vobs and last sector of vtsi werent updating (they generally dont change but occasionally they do) during get sectors

<edit> 0.0.0.4
- added option to copy files from authored directory while updateing. this is default to on

- fixed sector start of vtsm_vobs and vtstt_vobs . note - ifoedit will set vtsm_vobs to the sector value when there is a 0 byte menu file. on professional dvds this is left at 0 (as if there were no menu vob present) when the menuvob is 0 bytes. i will defer to the pro dvds and set it to 0. so if you check my output to ifoedit's get vts sectors it will correct vtsm_vobs. this is by design. ifoupdate does the same as batchupdate on this matter. The 0 byte vob files really should be deleted and i may have batchupdate do that automatically.

<edit> 0.0.0.5
- added error popup when you did not check any boxes in the batch box and you hit update all.

- fixed .ifo.backup files now saved in authored files directory during batch (wasnt saving before)

- fixed secter start of vmgm_vobs and last sector vmg in video_ts . these would never change during a regular backup because the video_ts.vob file isnt changed (except by numenu which corrects this automatically) However to keep my get sectors in tune with ifoedits i update these as well. note - the same as with the vstm_vobs i also set this to 0 if the video_ts.vob is 0 bytes (rare)

<edit> 0.0.0.6
- fixed sometimes the last byte of the cell playback info table was written incorrectly.

<edit> 0.0.0.7a
- added command line (cli) function - -opathname=original ifo -apathname destination ifo -bpathname backuppathname if you dont supply backup name then its auto generated -u=auto update and close in cli mode batch mode is disabled , also the .ini file isnt updated during that session so no settings are saved
Example
batchupdateifo.exe -oD:\DIF\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO -aD:\DIF\0\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO -u
this will update D:\DIF\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO and close automatically

if a pathname (either original or authored) is not given it will use the last saved pathname so supply both if you are going to use -u

<edit> 0.0.0.8
- moved some stuff around in the gui and added chapter file saving function. so far it only does the single ifo, I'll have it update per the batch option in the next version. It only does Scenarist_PGC for now.. (it saves all cell times, btw.. not just the chapters) i'll add scenarist_vobid and other types later.

- fixed video_ts.bup was not always being updated.

- the region free button now also does rce removal. i think its a useless option since dvddecrypter removes it during copy.. but its there. You set the region in the options menu.. it defaults at R1

<edit> 0.0.0.9
- small update - if you picked a bad directory sometimes the program would error out. Now you just get a Message Box

- it now uses the original 'cell command no.' byte of the cell playback information table. before it would copy the authored cell command no (which would be 0) which basically nullified the fact that the cell commands where there. most commercial dvds dont rely on cell commands.. but on the few that do, it might cause a jump event after a cell play not to happen. IFOUpdate copies the 0 (no command) over same as batchupdate0008 and earlier did.

<edit> 0.0.0.11
- rewritten in c++ (MFC/VC7). pretty much the same features and GUI. I have used it a few times and it seems to work. I wrote it almost the same way except i used c++ commands instead (i tightened things up in a few spots). This version corrects Alsairs issue. Alert me to any issues please.

- and why the version skip? well.. 0.0.0.10 was the vis basic .net version - i decided not to bother releasing since it would have complicated things with the c++ version comming.

<edit> 0.0.0.11a
- bah - stupid error (new version) in get vts sectors fixed.

<edit> 0.9.0.1 beta
- first beta release.

- fixed an error where you couldnt select the video_ts.ifo for batch mode

- restored the right click menu for the batch listbox - you can select none/all and toggle all.

- other small things.

<edit> 0.9.0.2 beta
- small stuff.. downgraded message box of 'Invalid directory' popup to just an item in the log box to be less intrusive. when the copy option is on yet there are already files in the original file directory the files are now moved out of the way (to the authored dir) and the authored files are then moved. before if there were files in the way in the original directory i would abort the move. and other small stuff i cant remember

- fixed a bug where an aborted vts update (for example when cell quantity doesnt match and the override is off) occured it wouldnt abort the update properly.

- when cell quantity authored < original it updates the cell/program count. (before the original quantity was kept.)

- program is released under the GPL. source is available upon request. although you may only want to view on an empty stomach as it is ugly

<edit> 0.9.0.3 beta
- Tested on XP SP2 and works. It is actually compiled on SP2. If anyone has any problem getting the program going in an SP2 environment, please post your system specs (cpu etc) for me.

- Added a .ini only setting to not copy the cell times over from the authored ifo.

- If the copy file option is on , as each vts is processed, the ifo is now updated first then the files are copied. that way if for some reason the update fails for that ifo (for example if there are too few pgcs in the authored) then the files wont be copied.

- Other little stuff.

Attached Files
File Type: zip batchupdateifo0903.zip (147.3 KB, 2821 views)

Last edited by Trahald; 13th September 2004 at 19:18.
Trahald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2004, 19:35   #2  |  Link
ShaneZ
Tuna of the Dirt

I look forward to checking it out. Hopefully it will help out some of the n00bs who get lost at the very end.

Old 22nd May 2004, 03:54   #3  |  Link
Jersysman

I've got a backup going now and will report on how it went.
Old 22nd May 2004, 17:08   #4  |  Link
fourtyfour
Germanicus

servus...

Hm, interesting stuff

IŽll try it
Old 23rd May 2004, 15:16   #5  |  Link
fourtyfour
Germanicus

servus...

First try compared to ifoupdate (GUI)

batch: wrong chapter times
GUI: correct chapter times

batch: wrong subtitle colors/fonts (with and without copy color)
GUI: correct chapter colors/fonts

batch: forced subtitle detection correct
GUI: forced subtitle detection incorrect

batch: missing warner logo before movie menu
GUI : warner video before menu

Batch:
Original: d:\video_ts\vts_01_0.ifo
new authored: d:\the_last_samurai_disc_1\0\video_ts\vts_01_0.ifo

Ifoupdate:
Original: D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO
new authored: D:\THE_LAST_SAMURAI_DISC_1\0\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO
Old 23rd May 2004, 15:35   #6  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

was that with 0001 or 0002?

i changed things a bit with 0002 (basically i use the secter pointers given in the ifo more.. ) 0001 kinda hopes things are in the right places which isnt always the case. i also fixed something with colors in 0002 as well. i'll pm you

for the time being (as i would hope people would with an alpha) please compare results to ifo update. dont use it for actual mission critical work (although im already using batch for all my backups.. )

i'll pm you or maybe see you on irc 44
Old 23rd May 2004, 16:24   #7  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

ok.. fourty four and i just straightened it out in irc.. it was a mis-understanding of settings.. 0002 actually does work correctly.. i'm going to make a post explaining the settings better (a tiny tutorial) since the setup of batchupdate is a bit different than ifoupdate
Old 27th May 2004, 10:16   #8  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

Nice work trahald!

Just tried it on two projects and everything seems to be just fine:

All ifos to be updated where marked correctly
All files were copied correctly
Ifos updated correctly. Navigation on standalone is as it should be: fast forwarding/reversing/skipping chapters all worked well
so get vts sectors obviously also worked.

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.

Last edited by influenza; 27th May 2004 at 11:19.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2004, 04:34   #9  |  Link
timekills

I don't seem to be able to find the automatically created backup .ifo files. It is in batch mode, and is using the authored path name by default, as it is supposed to, but the ifo.backup files are not being created.

Also, Which "Original IFO Pathname" are we supposed to use. In the past I'd use my mounted ISO's .ifos, but when I choose those I always get a runtime error with this program.
timekills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2004, 06:51   #10  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

For original you choose the video_ts folder in your dif4u demux folder. Based on the ccedata.txt (at least I believe) the ifos to be updated ar chosen

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2004, 15:17   #11  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

Quote:
Originally posted by timekills
I don't seem to be able to find the automatically created backup .ifo files. It is in batch mode, and is using the authored path name by default, as it is supposed to, but the ifo.backup files are not being created.
fixed in 0005

Quote:
Also, Which "Original IFO Pathname" are we supposed to use. In the past I'd use my mounted ISO's .ifos, but when I choose those I always get a runtime error with this program.
as flu said, you choose the ones in your \video_ts folder (the one you will eventually create the new image or burn directly from)

the origional file(s) are the files being updated.. they cant be read only (as in a mounted iso). ifoupdate gets a run time error when you do that as well (just checked)

i'll add a check for readonly in the next version, so you wont get a run time error.. you will just get a trahald error instead 'Hey whatsamatta u!'
Old 28th May 2004, 16:52   #12  |  Link
MadCowAss

Work like a charm for me.
mmm no link atm for .0005 version ?
MadCowAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2004, 06:16   #13  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

Quote:
Originally posted by MadCowAss
Work like a charm for me.
mmm no link atm for .0005 version ?
eek! thanx
Old 5th June 2004, 10:59   #14  |  Link
MadCowAss

The option "copy color map" seems do not work : even if option deselected, batchupdateifo copy color table. With ifoupdate i had any problems.
MadCowAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2004, 21:52   #15  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

ok.. i'll look at it
Old 5th June 2004, 22:07   #16  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

hmmm.. ok.. i looked at it.. and it works fine for me. please
restore your origional ifo (from the dvd or your .iso image)
turn off copy color map
update

pm me the authored and origional ifos.. thanx

Last edited by Trahald; 5th June 2004 at 22:10.
Old 8th June 2004, 08:23   #17  |  Link
MLS

Strangely, for such a super-alpha program (as the version number implies), this program works just as well as IFOUpdate with some nice added functionality. Thanks, Trahald.

/MLS
MLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2004, 13:59   #18  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

hehe.. thanx.. yeah.. i'll probably call the next one beta.. or maybe the one after

reason im doing it this way is since ifoupdate exists , i wanted to stress that people to use batchupdate with an air of caution and compare results before burning. but yeah, i use batch for all my projects and havent a single issue

as an aside... since i automatically pad the ifo sectors evenly and redesignate the sectors(if needed), noone should be getting complaints from ifoedit <the 'something is wrong' error> if they try to use it after batchupdate.. if anyone does let me know (and hopefully supply me the faulty ifo)
Old 9th June 2004, 12:34   #19  |  Link
DaRtHmAuL

I would like to say that your app is great.
It fixed the VTS_TMAPTI and ADMAP problem i got on some backups with ifoupdate.
But i got a question : is there a way to deselect the "extra options" that are not available for deselecting or have we to wait the next release(s) ?
bye
Old 9th June 2004, 14:22   #20  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

should be the release after the next.. the options are set to on since i didnt write code to disable them.. (they are options i always use)