Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 8th December 2009, 20:29   #621  |  Link
Sharc

Thanks for your reply and efforts to reproducing the case. I was probably a bit vague with my description because I assumed the problem would be easy to reproduce - which is apparently not the case.
The DVD subs are extracted with VSrip.
By 'subsequent' I mean:
The current subtitle which is displayed in the GUI is correctly moved to within the bounds. So it looks as as expected. When I however step through the next subtitle(s), they are moved to the top left corner.
When I Save / Export the 720p sups and reload the saved file again in BDSub2Sup, they are all top left aligned.
I am not sure if it happens in all cases, but I had this at least with 2 or 3 discs. I try to find a sample. It's really a minor issue though of a very nice tool.

Added: ... while I typed.... you were faster. Thanks

Added 2: The workaround helps. No rush to fix the issue.

Last edited by Sharc; 8th December 2009 at 23:50.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 23:40   #622  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

14.12.2009: 3.9.9 -> 4.0.0
  • Changed: BDSup2Sub is now open source (see integrated HTML help for details about repository and license)
  • Changed: reworked built-in HTML help.
  • Changed: added "recent files" menu.
  • Changed: output format is now persistent. Changed order of output formats in listbox.
  • Changed: added option "apply move settings" to conversion dialog that let's you choose whether to apply the existing "move all" settings or not when a new stream is loaded.
  • Changed: "move all" decodes/scales each frame before moving. Added a progress bar since this takes a little longer now.
  • Changed: added tooptip for the links in the HTML help. Also anchors inside the document are now supported.
  • Changed: added chapter entries in context menu of built-in HTML help.
  • Changed: built-in HTML help can now be opened in external browser (via context menu). "copy" only enabled if text selected.
  • Changed: the cancel button in the conversion dialog now cancels loading a stream.
  • Fixed: moving subtitles that are cropped during import could result in erratic subtitle positions or inappropriate warnings.
  • Fixed: conversion settings dialog didn't open when no subtitle was loaded and INI file was missing or the item convertResolution in the INI was either missing or set to false.
  • Fixed: erasing the extension in the file browser of the export dialog could lead to erratic behavior if the path contained dots. Generally, path separators were ignored when stripping the extension from file names.

Last edited by 0xdeadbeef; 14th December 2009 at 23:43.
0xdeadbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 11:33   #623  |  Link
Jaja1

Thanks a lot, Oxdeadbeef. I use BDSup2Sub very often and it works great.
Jaja1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 22:13   #624  |  Link
Sharc

Fixed: moving subtitles that are cropped during import could result in erratic subtitle positions or inappropriate warnings.

Last edited by Sharc; 15th December 2009 at 22:16.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 23:18   #625  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

You are the best one.

Thanks alot
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 06:35   #626  |  Link
avivahl

Time to thank you again for all the wonderful work. You've created a wonderful tool.
avivahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 10:29   #627  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Four thanks in a row without a single "but". Feels like Xmas
Old 17th December 2009, 20:39   #628  |  Link
Kratus

And I want to thank too.
(without a but!)
Kratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 18:23   #629  |  Link
Paddy97

This is a life saver. Recording with DVB-S subtitles I demux them and then run them through your gem of a tool to create "proper" SUP files that Suprip can read to OCR.

This is the first and only tool I've been able to correctly read and export DVB-S subtitles.

Thanks! Great job!
Paddy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 02:08   #630  |  Link
radius

Hey,

just updated from 3.9.6, thanks for adding the set / clear forced flag

Keep up the good work
Old 24th December 2009, 13:34   #631  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

You're welcome!

Anyway, I'll be away for a few days and will have only limited internet access.

So Merry Xmas to all of you!
Old 25th December 2009, 09:17   #632  |  Link

can`t open this web page in this time..
please check url !
thanks!
24673583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 18:03   #633  |  Link
avivahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24673583 View Post
can`t open this web page in this time..
please check url !
thanks!
Both the javaforge project page and the download link are working fine here.
avivahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 04:00   #634  |  Link
medp7060

I tested Current version: 4.0.0 (14.12.2009):

1. When open a SUP file ("test.sup"), it failed. If via "test.sup.IFO", it aksed "test.sup.SUP"). ProjectX created these two files: "test.sup.IFO" and "test.sup", , i.e. I have to rename "test.sup" as "test.sup.SUP". Is this a bug, or I did sth wrong?

2. Is there a way to use a single clour scheme for all the subtitles? In this case 3 subtitles are not readable at all, no matter how I adjusted the thresholds.

Samples included:

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/330992836/test.sup.rar
medp7060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 19:29   #635  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by medp7060 View Post
1. When open a SUP file ("test.sup"), it failed. If via "test.sup.IFO", it aksed "test.sup.SUP"). ProjectX created these two files: "test.sup.IFO" and "test.sup", , i.e. I have to rename "test.sup" as "test.sup.SUP". Is this a bug, or I did sth wrong?
Of course both files have to use the same name. Only the extension must differ (e.g. "test.sup" and "test.ifo").
The reason why you need to load the IFO is described in the help file:
http://bdsup2sub.javaforge.com/help.htm#Notes_on_SUPIFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by medp7060 View Post
2. Is there a way to use a single clour scheme for all the subtitles? In this case 3 subtitles are not readable at all, no matter how I adjusted the thresholds.
You can keep the original colors by using the palette mode "keep existing" as described here:
http://bdsup2sub.javaforge.com/help.htm#Palette_Modes

Also, you can use the same frame palette for all frames as described here:
http://bdsup2sub.javaforge.com/help....ette_and_Alpha
Old 7th January 2010, 23:08   #636  |  Link
medp7060

Thanks for your reply.

But how can I make lines 21 and 22 in the example visible? I tried many combinations setting, still failed.
medp7060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 01:13   #637  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

While think I already answered this:

The quick and dirty solution would be to select "Edit DVD frame palette" for the first line, then click "Set All". While this works here, this is not guaranteed to work for any other sample. Keep in mind that the same color might be represented by a different color index in a different frame.

The other option would be to edit only the DVD frame palette for line 21 and 22. E.g. set all 4 colors to different colors and all alphas to 15. Then you can easily identify which color/alpha index represents which pixels and change it to a more fitting setting.
Old 8th January 2010, 01:20   #638  |  Link
REDtoLINE

Does anyone have the Blu-ray PGS (.sup) english subtitles for Iron man? Either the entire english subtitles or forced only would be fine. If you have it please let me know. Thanks.
REDtoLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 17:42   #639  |  Link
y168

Hi,

When I used multiAVCHD to convert VIDEO_TS folder to AVCHD folder, the subtitles are often not converted. I have tracked down the problem which is related to BDSup2Sub. I am hoping that you can help me determine what's wrong.

In multiAVCHD, the subtitles of the VIDEO_TS folder are extracted using mencoder. The syntax is something like:

mencoder.exe dvd://1 -dvd-device "Z:\DVD\VIDEO_TS" -vobsubout "dvddump002" -sid 0 -nosound -o "dvddump.tmp" -ovc frameno

The error often occurs when BDSup2Sub loads the extracted subtitles. The error messages I got when I loaded the subtitles manually are:

===================================================
WARNING: Control buffer size inconsistent.
WARNING: RLE buffer size inconsistent.
WARNING: Invalid end sequence offset -> no end time
WARNING: Invisible caption due to zero alpha (not fixed due to user setting).
# 674
ERROR: Invalid control buffer size
===================================================

Do you know how to fix this problem? I have uploaded some subtitles here that you can use to debug.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yggdecmuimj

Thanks for you help.
y168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 23:07   #640  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Hard to tell for me if the problems in this stream are caused by an extraction tool or by the original stream. Anyway, the posted stream is defective and the error message given by BDSup2Sub is correct.

There are two captions with completely invalid packet size and wrong control offset. I fixed both manually to see if there are more problems.

Unfortunately, there are. Indeed exactly 10 subtitles are also damaged, but I didn't have the motivation to investigate any further. By commenting out these 10 lines in the IDX, the SUB/IDX becomes fully readable (well, the 10 lines are missing of course):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/eaw8jy