Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old Yesterday, 13:31   #22501  |  Link
sneaker_ger

LAV Video doesn't have any post-processing filters like that. Try madvr artifact removal features.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:31   #22502  |  Link
el Filou

Quote:
Originally Posted by varekai View Post
The Fall is a lovely movie!
Indeed! Its Digital Intermediates were done in 4K too, and I think it's one of the rare movies I would buy a second time on UHD BD.

Quote:
Tried again and again but no subtitles... :\
https://s17.postimg.org/7wto138rj/LAV.png
Sorry I can't see what else could interfere there and I never use PotPlayer so don't know about its potential quirks.
Last idea: if you click on LAV Splitter in that menu, can you check if you have a "[Out] Subtitle" entry like this: https://s9.postimg.org/cvw4qxb7j/image.png and what next filter it is connecting to?
I'm using MPC-HC's internal subtitle renderer so I guess that's what 'TextPassThru' is on my screenshot, but on yours it should probably connect to madVR directly? Or does PotPlayer have an internal sub renderer?
Old Yesterday, 23:53   #22503  |  Link
arrgh

Win8.1x64, Kaby Lake i5 7200U/HD620 : 3D-MVC-mkv

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I could reproduce the problem on a disc with an Intel GPU, unfortunately it appears to be a long-standing Intel issue that can result in the GPU reporting a "busy" state infinitely, causing decoding to just die. So for the time being, i've turned off hardware accelerated decoding again.
I'm having the Problem described here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...45#post1827545
I tried the nightly .88. Unfortunately now I have a picture in the "black-screen-movies" of before but they are now jerky and also those who worked with .83 are jerky too…
Went back to .83…..
Maybe there is a way to override the “busy” flag of the hardware?....
(samples of working/not working movies are still available for download via PM link I have sent you)
arrgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:54   #22504  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If you don't have enough CPU power to decode MVC in software, you're probably out of luck for the time being. I don't currently have the free time to spend multiple days of research on an obscure Intel hardware decoding bug. Bugs that entirely break playback and even lockup the entire player are not acceptable under any circumstances.

The behavior has now returned to how it always was since MVC support was introduced, and how it was in in the 0.70.2 release, so its not exactly a "change".

Last edited by nevcairiel; Today at 00:05.
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter