Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Capturing Video

Old 27th June 2002, 15:28   #41  |  Link
Swan
It's more fun to compute

Has anyone got the btwincap drivers to work with AverTV Studio?
I can't try the little snooping app, I'm on Win2K. If anyone's generated a Custom Card for the Aver TV Studio, I'd be grateful to have a copy.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2002, 15:52   #42  |  Link
Koepi

Thanks to tiki4 the new BtWinCapSwitcher works with win9x/ME too! Please confirm this, I don't have such an OS to test it on

And swan, if you'd _really_ read this thread you'd _know_ that original manufacturers software stops working. Re-read the whole thread please, look around on the btwincap site at sourceforge and find the answer to your question.

Regards,
Koepi
Koepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2002, 18:31   #43  |  Link
Swan
It's more fun to compute

Perhaps I was unclear, Koepi. Still, you shouldn't be so quick to judge me as a person (idiot) who doesn't take the time to lurk before posting.

I am very well aware that the drivers supplied with my AverTV Studio card are not used when installing Btwincap drivers, in fact, they are uninstalled during the installation of Eduardo's drivers. What I was saying is that there is no driver for the AverTV Studio card in the btwdmdrvinstaller.

Even so, I have got video working, by installing another card in the drop-down list of the installer, but not audio. What I meanm by that is that the driver is not 100% right for the card. It does not instruct the card to switch on audio, so the tuner and FM part does not work for me with the btwincap drivers. I can of course get audio by connecting the audio cables from my external source straight into the sound card (bypassing the capture card), but this leaves me without the FM radio and the use of the TV-tuner. I was simply wondering if anyone with Windows 98 had created a a Custom card profile, using the btspy application and if so, were willing to share it with me. I am running Win2K and btspy doesn't run on that OS.
Old 27th June 2002, 19:10   #44  |  Link
Koepi

My AverTV VideoPhone 98 w/ VCR is the same model for the european market as the AverTV Studio. (I thought you mean the software that shipped with the card).

Uninstall and remove the old drivers first with that btinstaller.exe, reboot your system, and try again installing the drivers.

With the old drivers installed, btinstaller doesn't find the card and says "unknown card", after the procedure described above it finds the card you were searching for.

Regards,
Koepi
Old 27th June 2002, 19:51   #45  |  Link
Swan
It's more fun to compute

The AverTV Studio I have (model 203) is not the same as the Aver TVPhone 98. The btiwncap drivers does not work with my card. I will try the latest one, to see if it included in the drop-down box. I know that the AverTV Phone drivers doesn't work for sure because I've tried them.
Old 29th June 2002, 02:14   #46  |  Link
LordDethstar
Forum Spammer

I finally came around to trying these new drivers because the Official drivers didn't work correctly (no sound). I don't know what the problems that all of you have, but they work perfectly with my TerraTValue (sound and everything). Finally I can really dump Windows 98 SE.
LordDethstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2002, 09:26   #47  |  Link
tiki4

Confirmed!

BtWinCapSwitcher v2 works in Windows Millennium Edition. I can't test Win98(SE) as I don't like to install these OS's just to test that. As the app works in WinMe I think they should do so in Windows 98 as well.

I tested Dscaler 3.1.0 stable and Dscaler 4.0 alpha. Also MoreTV works without problems if you switch the driver to compatibility mode.

tiki4
tiki4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2002, 14:19   #48  |  Link
Koepi

Well, I tested it (and rewrote the registry access many times) on win98 and couldn't get it to work.

So if it works for you it's nice, it doesn't for me

Regards,
Koepi