Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 1st January 2010, 13:22   #801  |  Link
deets

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Search your hard drive. The only explanation is that you are picking up an earlier version, maybe from your Avisynth plugins folder.
ha yeah at 2am last night i recalled the post by GearX and realised it was still the old one in the plugins, all works again now of course

thanks
deets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 16:01   #802  |  Link
JeffBDVS

Quote:
* Corrected the erroneous reversal of the Coded # and Playback # fields in the MPG Info Window.
http://neuron2.net/dgdecnv/dgdecnv.html
It seems that the Sequence and Frame Structure fields are reversed as well.

As shown here:

http://bellunevideo.com/tutorials/Se...eStructure.jpg

-Jeff
JeffBDVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 20:29   #803  |  Link
Varies

Hi, neuron2 ^ ^)
after last update to beta 8 I got error with CUVID server: Invalid licence, but in DGIndexNV MID same as before, also Indexing work normal. licence file located with cuvidserver.exe and i try restart pc before write here -__-
Old 2nd January 2010, 01:56   #804  |  Link
yesgrey

Quote:
I've refreshed the upload of 2.0.0 beta 8 with a fix
Why don't you create a new version? You do this kind of updating several times and the only way for us to know if we have the more recent version is if we follow this thread...
yesgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:05   #805  |  Link
GearX

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey3 View Post
Why don't you create a new version? You do this kind of updating several times and the only way for us to know if we have the more recent version is if we follow this thread...
Let's see...

Neuron2's work: design, write, test, debug, and support a unique and valuable app, in the way that he sees fit.

Your work: click Subscribe to Thread, read the occasional email.

Yep, definitely seems fair to be complaining about a versioning strategy.
GearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:15   #806  |  Link
GearX

Quote:
Speaking of which, imagine this...

You load your files in DGIndexNV and save project. The DGIndexNV GUI now switches into a frame accurate mode, just as if the DLL was serving the video. Now you can navigate by frame and set multiple cut lists which will translate to the needed trims in the Avisynth script. Could a frame accurate mode within DGINdexNV itself be useful? I can only see it being useful for managing the trims in the script but maybe there are other uses. Just wondering if it would be worth the effort.
I meant to reply to this earlier. I would find this VERY useful, if the demuxed audio were trimmed and sync'ed along with the video.

e.g. I don't have an easy way of editing commercials out of AC3 audio, when the accompanying video in the TS is not MPEG-2. When it is MPEG-2, I can use VideoReDo, but when it's AVC for example, my slow and laborious method is to demux the audio and remux it with a dummy MPEG-2 file, and edit that in VRD based on the trims I have worked out for the video. Essentially I'm making the same edits twice.
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:24   #807  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@GearX

to many rather complain then bother to say thanks to coders giving us so much

people dont even understand the hours neuron2 puts into coding awesomeness for us to use so they choose to complain about announcements and changelogs cause the subscribe to this thread button is not calling out at them shame
MuLTiTaSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 03:03   #808  |  Link
yesgrey

I'm not complaining, I've only asked a simple question, and even added a smiley to show that it's not a big deal, more a curiosity.
Changing the version number is not a severe time consuming task, that's why I asked about it, because neuron2 may have any valid reason for doing this, and the lack of time might not be the reason for it.

It's sad that some people don't miss a chance to hit somebody...
yesgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 03:15   #809  |  Link
GearX

Quote:
I'm not complaining, I've only asked a simple question, and even added a smiley to show that it's not a big deal, more a curiosity.
What you wrote the first time has a much different feel than this clarification. Why not say what you mean the first time out?

Quote:
Changing the version number is not a severe time consuming task...
And you know this for a fact because neuron2 has explained to you in detail what's involved, right?

Quote:
...that's why I asked about it, because neuron2 may have any valid reason for doing this, and the lack of time might not be the reason for it.
Once again, say what you mean the first time around. It helps avoid misunderstandings such as this.

Quote:
It's sad that some people don't miss a chance to hit somebody...
It's sad that people toss off thoughtless comments and then get defensive when someone calls them on it.
Old 2nd January 2010, 15:26   #810  |  Link

Guys, I'm recovering from a surgery right now and may not be my usual active self for a few days. But I have noted the trouble reports and will address them ASAP.

Regarding versioning. Ideally yes, there would be a new version for every minor change. But I have been bumping version only for useful new functionality. Let me think about it, maybe I'll revise the policy if it is causing issues. I'm always open to suggestions and nobody should be discouraged from making any kind of suggestion or request about the DGNV projects. Anything that can potentially make the products and processes better should be listened to respectfully and not pooh-poohed.

Last edited by Guest; 2nd January 2010 at 16:28.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 16:13   #811  |  Link
JeffBDVS

Quote:
Guys, I'm recovering from a surgery right now and may not be my usual active self for a few days.
Get well soon! And may I respectfully suggest that you take more than "a few days" to not be your usual active self? Take time to get healed up completely.

-Jeff
Old 2nd January 2010, 16:43   #812  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@neuron2

your health is first so take all the time in the world bro i just hope everything is well for you i pray for your full recovery

Better Health and Wealth in the New Year!
MuLTiTaSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 17:48   #813  |  Link

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ircopdd View Post
But this VOB...Still have problems
Thanks for that sample. It exposed the problem I had in random access for MPEG2 program streams (only). I have it fixed locally and it will be in the next beta. I want to address the remaining few issues before putting out the fixed version.
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:10   #814  |  Link
JeffBDVS

@neuron2:

Hmm. This seems awfully close to "active" for someone in recovery.

Don't make me come over there.

-Jeff
Old 3rd January 2010, 11:36   #815  |  Link
JoeH

Edit original H264 / VC1 in Sony Vegas?

Hello. I am thinking about buying this product, but just wanted to check if it should, at least in theory, be able to do what I am hoping.

I would like to be able to edit H264 / VC1 streams in Sony Vegas without using an intermediate codec (I currently convert to UTVideo-RGB and edit with that...). Is this possible to do using this program?

Sorry if this is a stupid question - I did some searches on this thread and didn't find any answers. Thanks.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 15:40   #816  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
I would like to be able to edit H264 / VC1 streams in Sony Vegas without using an intermediate codec (I currently convert to UTVideo-RGB and edit with that...). Is this possible to do using this program?
If Vegas can support opening an Avisynth script, then yes.
Old 3rd January 2010, 15:41   #817  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varies View Post
Hi, neuron2 ^ ^)
after last update to beta 8 I got error with CUVID server: Invalid licence, but in DGIndexNV MID same as before, also Indexing work normal. licence file located with cuvidserver.exe and i try restart pc before write here -__-
Nothing changed with the licensing. So either you have goofed up or your machine ID has changed.

Quote:
licence file located with cuvidserver.exe
The license file should be with DGIndexNV.exe.

Last edited by Guest; 3rd January 2010 at 16:26.
Old 3rd January 2010, 16:01   #818  |  Link

Build 2000

OK, here's build 2000 (first of new version numbering release; a new build number will now always be used with no silent updates).

* Fixes random access for MPEG2 program streams

* Fixes reversed fields in the Info dialog.

http://neuron2.net/dgdecnv/dgdecnv.html
Old 3rd January 2010, 16:43   #819  |  Link
Sharc

Hope to find you well and that you recover quickly!
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 17:10   #820  |  Link
Sharc

Few questions I would have on some VC-1 .m2ts clips:
What is the meaning/interpretation when the Sequence is Interlaced and the Frame Struct toggles between 'Field Interlaced' (I, P and B types) and 'Frame Interlaced' (B-B, I-P, P-P type) during playback? Are such sources sometimes called "hybrid"?
Just to mention that DG..NV decodes these (exceptional) clips correctly - it's actually the only decoder on my system which handles such sources properly!
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote