Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 29th December 2013, 13:47   #1  |  Link
theherecy

Issue with Fringe backing up

Having issues with backing up Fringe so help would be appreciated!

It is a pretty "unique" release in that playlists aren't per title but all episodes are bundled into a single playlist. I can't work out a clean way of getting the disc backed up into single episodes whilst preserving the chapters (as they are tied to the playlist).

Initially I tried extracting the ~3 hour long chapter list of the 4 episodes and matching them up to the individual m2ts files but the chapters aren't even accurate (i.e. there should be a chapter to mark the beginning of the next episode, but instead it's ~2s before it and lies in the first episode after the credits).

I've seen a tool bdsplice that can split based on chapters which seems neat (so I could split on that chapters and recalculate the chapters per episode) but I wouldn't know how to get an m2ts back into a blu ray format without using eac3to and tsmuxer once more (would this decoding degrade lossy quality?).

Hopefully I have explained the issue, again any help would be much appreciated!
theherecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2013, 18:48   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!
Quote:
playlists aren't per title but all episodes are bundled into a single playlist.
1) When you play the original disc, does the menu provide an option to "Play all" as well as another option to "select episode"?

2) Which season's disc is your original Blu-ray disc?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2013, 19:06   #3  |  Link
theherecy

No, it immediately plays all 4 episodes and after that jumps to the menus where there are some extras available or the option to play all episodes again.

Eac3to confirms that there is a single playlist that branches the 4 m2ts files together.

This is season 1 disc 3 but other discs in this season are the same.
theherecy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eac3to, fringe, tsmuxer