Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 9th February 2019, 19:53   #21  |  Link
Dreamject

I use madvr only ~1-2 month and I am not fan of it. Imho, reshade works better and more comfortable
Dreamject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 21:09   #22  |  Link
Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamject View Post
By the way I can publishreshade+instruction+modified deband presets)
Yes, please!
You made me curious....
I'm always open for new ideas. How to inject Reshade in MPC-HC
(or any other directshow software player)?
I won't wade through the internet, searching for solutions.
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 21:42   #23  |  Link
Dreamject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
Yes, please!
You made me curious....
I'm always open for new ideas. How to inject Reshade in MPC-HC
(or any other directshow software player)?
I won't wade through the internet, searching for solutions.
You can inject reshade with ENBInjector or any dll injector

'the easiest' way using my build of potplayer (I'm russian, but changed language to english)
I do not know angelscript so only way I could make is injecticg reshade to libtorrent extension

Build https://vk.com/doc519055724_490862677
So, you need this
Open PotPlayer
Drag and drop any .torrent file to potplayer OR press Ctrl+U (open url) and input 'reshade' and 'open' this link
Press stop and start to play video
To open reshade config press ctrl+alt+r

*You have to enable Direct3D11 render to see reshade (but madbr good too, coz it d3d11 render). If you chose for example EVR you see no changes
If you choose opengl render when play video you get crash of player

You can use files for injecting from build, it stores in \extension\lib\ all files except TorrentReader.dll . For X64 players you need reshade64.dll library, but I think can use my configuration and files (I modified stock config for comfortable using)

-_- if you like it, please write there, I hope developers will add deband/reshade functionality in potplayer, but now no one from developers (I wrote to pp's developer, developer for pp's extensions, guys who made deband script, in reshade forum) not interested in this, even mpv's deband

Last edited by Dreamject; 9th February 2019 at 22:09.
Old 12th February 2019, 22:38   #24  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
As I remember, but maybe it is not true, Mad'vr debanding based on mpv's debanding too. Also (I know it's true), reshade's deband is copied from mpv.
Well, the mpv devs have been stealing madshi's work by reverse engineering madvr and copying his shader code, but I'm pretty sure you have it backward.

See: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...30#post1645630
Stereodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 21:03   #25  |  Link
Dreamject

it's not the reason why mpv's deband faster and has more options for deband and madvr slower. mpv is open source project, madvr no
Old 17th February 2019, 15:30   #26  |  Link
username0001

Why are all your comparison images so hilariously bad? Anybody with eyes can see there is a lot more post processing going on with the images on top of debanding but even if we ignore all of that the filter you're recommending is murdering all the detail. It's not hard to remove banding when you're not concerned with preserving detail.
username0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 17:57   #27  |  Link
Dreamject

Quote:
Originally Posted by username0001 View Post
Why are all your comparison images so hilariously bad? Anybody with eyes can see there is a lot more post processing going on with the images on top of debanding but even if we ignore all of that the filter you're recommending is murdering all the detail. It's not hard to remove banding when you're not concerned with preserving detail.
Cause of h264 color compression. Usually I see ~20gb bdrip quality, it's not 'very bad' quality. Usually they look good, until smooth gradients like see, sky, shadows. In this case h264 combines similar color and gives banding, even on blueray quality.

On highest settings as example MadVR cuts of a lot of details, but save and can increase some banding. mpv's on quite high (you can set very-very high thereshold with blur whole images) settings gives perfect gradient but looses more details.

But on middle settings in reshade you get better gradients and more detait than madvr.
Old 17th February 2019, 20:09   #28  |  Link
pirlouy
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Well, the mpv devs have been stealing madshi's work by reverse engineering madvr and copying his shader code
Proofs ?
I remember some people stole shaders and showed how to use them with mpv, just before madshi released NGU. There were third party people (4chan). But do you know for sure mpv devs included these shaders in mpv ?
Old 20th February 2019, 20:07   #29  |  Link
username0001

Quote:
Cause of h264 color compression. Usually I see ~20gb bdrip quality, it's not 'very bad' quality. Usually they look good, until smooth gradients like see, sky, shadows. In this case h264 combines similar color and gives banding, even on blueray quality.
What does that even has to do with what I said?
I'm telling you that your comparisons aren't accurate, you're not showing us a true comparison between madVR debanding and whatever you're advertising.
But even if we go by your terrible comparisons MadVR still the clear winner because it reduces most of the visible banding without getting rid of all the details.
You're trying to offer a worse product by telling us it's superior while providing evidence that it isn't.
username0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2019, 22:46   #30  |  Link
richardpl

Huh, you have actual proof(s) for such harsh claims?
richardpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2019, 15:36   #31  |  Link
Dreamject

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardpl View Post
Huh, you have actual proof(s) for such harsh claims?
~_~ at least in my case (intelHD4000) with SVP MadVR often overloads GPU, without it, it works and I can compare

You could give 'right' compare without potplayer's build)

1. Download reshade https://reshade.me/#download , setup it download shaders (at least deband)
2. Download any dll injector for example http://enbdev.com/download_injector_generic.htm , tune it and apply to process/launch process with injected
3. Select Direct3d11 render in player
4. Press home button (by default) and tune deband for yourself
^_^

PS: also you could just try mpv, it has same deband shaders, but in native glsl . To use shader you need launch it with mpv.exe --deband . It loads GPU less in same cases than reshade, may be because it's native solution.

Last edited by Dreamject; 22nd February 2019 at 15:41.
Old 22nd February 2019, 16:20   #32  |  Link
Dreamject

Source/MadVR deband medium/High

Reshade's deband default (thereshold 0.004, radius 0.016, iterations 1, random noise 0.006)/0.003,0.0020,1,0.000, 0.005,0.0020,1,0.000/ 0.010,0.0020,1,0.0000

MadVR/Reshade/MPV GPU load (reshade and mpv use same shader, mpv should use with default settings more complex shader with random noise, but it still uses less GPU. mpv's shader is native solution, reshade is not)

Last edited by Dreamject; 22nd February 2019 at 17:12.
Old 22nd February 2019, 18:52   #33  |  Link
Warner306

I can see the highest setting of Reshade removes the most banding, but it also takes a lot of detail with it. I think this is true of any debanding filter. Maybe madVR needs a setting above high, but I don't how many people would watch a movie with debanding set that high.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 14:22   #34  |  Link
Dreamject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
I can see the highest setting of Reshade removes the most banding, but it also takes a lot of detail with it. I think this is true of any debanding filter. Maybe madVR needs a setting above high, but I don't how many people would watch a movie with debanding set that high.
There is no 'highest' settings in reshade, it's just maths. Okay, it's default thereshold ui_max = 0.25; for deband.fx ... It's not usable
Old 27th February 2019, 14:58   #35  |  Link
Gravitator

Tried to encode video with this filter in 8bit > 8bit?
Old 28th February 2019, 08:50   #36  |  Link
Dreamject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitator View Post
Tried to encode video with this filter in 8bit > 8bit?
for what? Firstly, there is no native good debanding support (except madvr), espectially mpv's algorithm. Secondly, it should generate same or bigger banding and other artifacts, cause banding is natural h264 color compression artifact
Old 28th February 2019, 20:02   #37  |  Link
Gravitator

Quote:
for what?
For the sake of science The experiment gives a negative result
Old 1st March 2019, 15:01   #38  |  Link
Dreamject

Finally it's ported, but mbah.primbon said it was year ago
Old 2nd March 2019, 09:44   #39  |  Link
Dreamject

Ported shaders example

Download deband shaders https://vk.com/doc275347426_493873949

By the way, I can not get what noise gives. In descriptions it says

#define Grain 48.0 //[0.0:4096.0] //-Add some extra noise to the image. This significantly helps cover up remaining quantization artifacts. Higher numbers add more noise. (Default 48)

But I do not see any 'significant' differences with/without default random noise. It slightly improves GPU load, so I do not use it. Can you give examples, when this noise is useful?

Last edited by Dreamject; 2nd March 2019 at 10:33.