Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 21st October 2019, 11:59   #1721  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v1.16

Someone has noticed that BD3D2MK3D is unable to start when AVSVersion**.exe crashes due to a bad installation of Avisynth. I have added some safeguards to avoid this problem. Now, if AVSVersion crashes, BD3D2MK3D assumes that the 32 or 64 bit version of Avisynth that has caused the crash is not installed, and issues an error message, but it should now be able to start. (Difficult to check, as my Avisynths are properly installed.)

There is also a new tool to modify the Y positions of all subtitles of a stream, useful when you import an external stream to align it with the original subtitles and minimize the risk of subtitles entering in foreground objects. It can also be used if you want to move a subtitle stream without 3D depth in the horizontal black bar of a movie shot in cinemascope.
Quote:
v1.16 (October 21, 2019)
- Workaround for a crash of AVSVersion**.exe when Avisynth is not properly installed that prevented BD3D2MK3D to start.
- Added Subtitle Tools -> Move XML/PNG Subtitles Vertically, to allow you to easily move your subtitles in the black bar of a Cinemascope movie or align them with another subtitle stream.
Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z
Old 21st October 2019, 12:17   #1722  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Someone has noticed that BD3D2MK3D is unable to start when AVSVersion**.exe crashes due to a bad installation of Avisynth.
Define "crashes". Is there any error message?
Old 22nd October 2019, 08:37   #1723  |  Link
TVI

Audio/Video sych issue

Hello,

I wonder if somebody could assist me with a problem.

I am trying to convert a 3D Blu Ray using BD3D2MK3D (The Adventures of Tin Tin). The MKV file plays fine without any issues but when I convert it to SBS using BD3D2MK3D the video/audio is slightly out of synch. I've converted quite a few 3D blu rays and this is the first time I've ever had this problem.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks.
Old 22nd October 2019, 11:05   #1724  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Define "crashes". Is there any error message?
No, not directly. BD3D2MK3D prints this in its log:
32 Bit: Avisynth 2.5.8.5 child killed: unknown signal.

Since the error message begins with "32 Bit: Avisynth" and this happens before BD3D2MK3D has had a chance to open its main window, I'm sure it's when BD3D2MK3D verifies if at least one version of Avisynth is installed with AVSVersion.

The new version catches now the call to AVSVersion, and when it crashes, it issues a warning telling that Avisynth is not properly installed, then it continues normally.

The original error has been reported here, but without much information.
Old 22nd October 2019, 11:33   #1725  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVI View Post
Hello,

I wonder if somebody could assist me with a problem.

I am trying to convert a 3D Blu Ray using BD3D2MK3D (The Adventures of Tin Tin). The MKV file plays fine without any issues but when I convert it to SBS using BD3D2MK3D the video/audio is slightly out of synch. I've converted quite a few 3D blu rays and this is the first time I've ever had this problem.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks.
Hum, strange. I have converted Tintin without problem, and I have never seen a report for this kind of problem, for any movie.

Have you used the option "Add X seconds of black at the beginning of the video" in the last tab ? Personally, I use it almost always without problem, but if you did it, you may have to retry without that option.

Also, can you verify if there is a delay in the original MKV (as produced by MakeMKV) with MediaInfo ? Usually, I don't use MakeMKV to convert my movies, and it is possible that a delay in the original MKV is not correctly taken into account by BD3D2MK3D. (I will try here anyway.)

If your stream has a delay, or if you can figure out the duration of the offset yourself, you can fix it manually by editing the __MUX_3D_OPTIONS.json file. In the Audio stream(s) section, change the line just after the --sync line with 0:500, where the number in red is the offset to apply, in milliseconds. (Positive numbers mean move the audio later.) Then, launch __MUX_3D.cmd to remux the file (without re-encoding of course).

Sorry, I can't help much more.

Last edited by r0lZ; 22nd October 2019 at 11:54.
Old 22nd October 2019, 12:36   #1726  |  Link
TVI

Quote:
Hum, strange. I have converted Tintin without problem, and I have never seen a report for this kind of problem, for any movie.

Have you used the option "Add X seconds of black at the beginning of the video" in the last tab ? Personally, I use it almost always without problem, but if you did it, you may have to retry without that option.

Also, can you verify if there is a delay in the original MKV (as produced by MakeMKV) with MediaInfo ? Usually, I don't use MakeMKV to convert my movies, and it is possible that a delay in the original MKV is not correctly taken into account by BD3D2MK3D. (I will try here anyway.)

If your stream has a delay, or if you can figure out the duration of the offset yourself, you can fix it manually by editing the __MUX_3D_OPTIONS.json file. In the Audio stream(s) section, change the line just after the --sync line with 0:500, where the number in red is the offset to apply, in milliseconds. (Positive numbers mean move the audio later.) Then, launch __MUX_3D.cmd to remux the file (without re-encoding of course).

Sorry, I can't help much more.

Fantastic, thanks r0lZ.

I'll have a tinker and let you know how I get on.
Old 22nd October 2019, 15:20   #1727  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Fantastic, thanks r0lZ.

I'll have a tinker and let you know how I get on.
Just verified, and indeed, there is something that doesn't work well when the audio delays are retrieved from a MKV file. It's due to slight changes in the output of MkvInfo. I have already fixed the bug, and the next version should work as intended, but I need some time to fix another bug.

Anyway, there is something strange. Normally, there is no audio delay in an original BD, or it is very short (5ms or so, not enough to be noticeable). So, I still wonder why you have that problem. Can you confirm that there is an audio delay with MediaInfo ? If it detects one, then that will confirm that the culprit is the bug I have just fixed.
Old 22nd October 2019, 22:52   #1728  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
No, not directly. BD3D2MK3D prints this in its log:
32 Bit: Avisynth 2.5.8.5 child killed: unknown signal.
Avisynth 2.5.8.5 is a old but valid version.
There are a problem with AVSVersion32.exe?
For me work fine:

Quote:
AVSVersion32
32 Bit: Avisynth 2.5.8.5
There are a new Avs+ version, with:
Quote:
AVSVersion32
32 Bit: AviSynth+ 3.4 (r2923, 3.4, i386) (3.4.0.0)
AVSVersion64
64 Bit: AviSynth+ 3.4 (r2923, 3.4, x86_64) (3.4.0.0)
Old 22nd October 2019, 23:21   #1729  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Avisynth 2.5.8.5 is a old but valid version.
There are a problem with AVSVersion32.exe?
I don't think it's a problem with Avisynth 2.4.8.5, but I suspect that it is not installed correctly. Not sure why, but anyway, AVSVersion crashes, and prevents BD3D2MK3D to start, or even display an error message. As I wrote above, I have modified the code so that that will not happen any more, but when AVSVersion crashes, BD23D2MK3D will assume that the 32 or 64 bit version is not installed, and issue an error message.

I think it is better to re-install Avisynth, and it's probably the perfect occasion to switch to Avisynth+. Basically, it's what the next version of BD3D2MK3D will suggest. I will release it tomorrow...
Old 23rd October 2019, 08:59   #1730  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v1.17

Minor update, with mainly the update of the x265 and mkvtoolnix exes, and the fix for the audio delays when opening a MKV file made with MakeMKV with audio delays (rare).
Quote:
v1.17 (October 23, 2019)
- Fixed the bug of the audio delays not taken into account when using a MKV file make with MkvMerge as input.
- Added some definitions specific to UHD BD so that the option to show the 2D content the BD works with an UHD BD.
- Updated x265 to the latest stable version (v3.2+5)
- Updated Mkvtoolnix to the latest version (v38.0.0 'The Silent Type')

Last edited by r0lZ; 23rd October 2019 at 09:05.
Old 23rd October 2019, 21:03   #1731  |  Link
TVI

Quote:
Minor update, with mainly the update of the x265 and mkvtoolnix exes, and the fix for the audio delays when opening a MKV file made with MakeMKV with audio delays (rare).

Thanks r0lz I'll have another go at converting Tin Tin with this update.

So you know, Mediainfo did confirm a 1s 1ms "delay relative to video" on the MakeMKV file.
Old 24th October 2019, 08:00   #1732  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
So you know, Mediainfo did confirm a 1s 1ms "delay relative to video" on the MakeMKV file.
OK, that confirms my impression. I'm sure the fix will solve that problem.
Old 24th October 2019, 09:19   #1733  |  Link
staina

Quote:
Again, it is difficult to understand your English. If I understand correctly, you want to know where are the original 3D-Planes.

The 3D-Planes (officially called Offset Sequences, or OFS) are in the MVC video stream (the "dependent stream" specific to the 3D movies). You can extract the OFS files from the MVC stream with, for example, MVCPlanes2OFS.exe, included with BD3D2MK3D, but as far as I know, there is currently no way to attach new 3D-Planes to the MVC stream, or to edit them easily.

If you remux the video without re-encoding it (for example to simply add a new audio or subtitle stream), the 3D-Planes are preserved, and if their numbers are assigned correctly to the right subtitle streams (in the MPLS) by the remuxer, then everything should be fine. But if you re-encode the video, the 3D-Planes are lost. That means that the reencoded 3D-BD25 usually found on the internet have lost the depth of their subtitles.
English is not OKs sorry.

If then is do nothing but remux (no encode) so 3D - plane stay keep all and you unused for subtitles streams in MVC stream. If isn't executed reencode video streams (H.264 and MVC) are all 3D - plane from original 3D Bluray anytime usable.

Thank you Staina
Old 25th October 2019, 09:52   #1734  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Sorry. I can't understand. I can only repeat:

The 3D-planes are in the MVC stream. If you remux the video, all of them are preserved. If you re-encode the video, they are lost. A 3D-Plane doesn't need to be used by a subtitle stream to exist in the MVC stream (but of course, it's usually the case in original BDs). Several different subtitle streams can use the same 3D-Plane (although it's not frequent in commercial 3DBDs). So, if you remove some subtitle streams, their 3D-Streams will probably be unused, but they are still present in the original MVC video stream. And if you want to mux a new subtitle stream with the original video, you can use any existing 3D-plane, even if it is also used by another subtitle stream.

For an external subtitle stream, I suggest to use the 3D-Plane that is defined originally for the language that is the most similar to the language of your additional stream (with the size of the subtitles in the two streams as similar as possible) to minimize the risk of collisions with the foreground objects.
Old 29th October 2019, 19:24   #1735  |  Link
tarrega

Error sourcing /Tcl/work/BD3D2MK3D/src/BD3D2MK3D.tcl

Hey Everyone,
when I execute BD3D2MK3D.exe on my Windows 10 Home PC the Console opens with the message:
Code:
Error sourcing /Tcl/work/BD3D2MK3D/src/BD3D2MK3D.tcl: C:\WINDOWS
The system cannot find the path specified.
() 1 %
I used BD3d2MK3D successfully last year, back then a GUI started where I could load a mkv file.
I do not understand this error message. A google search for that
file name (BD3D2MK3D.tcl) gives 0 results. I also don't find that file on my system.

I assume it has something to do with Avisynth but I don't know that program.

I have the latest Version 1.17.
I have Avisynth+ v2772 (64bit) installed.
I have Avisynth 2.58 installed.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 30th October 2019, 11:38   #1736  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, tarrega

The error you have is very strange. It seems that it is caused by a missing file, probably located in the Windows directory. Where is Windows located in your system ? Usually, it's in C:\windows, and BD3D2MK3D uses the environment variable %WINDIR% to discover it. Maybe there is something wrong here.

Please open a command prompt window and type this:
echo "%WINDIR%"
On most systems, it replies this:
"C:\Windows"
Let me know what it has replied for you.

Also, the only thing that BD3D2MK3D searches now in the Windows directory is if .NET v4 or greater is installed (as it's necessary to hardcode the subtitles on the video). So, please open this directory in the File Explorer:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\
And let me know if there is at least one folder beginning with "v4." And if it's not the case, please install Microsoft .NET V4 (currently, v4.8 is the latest version).

Also, in the big white window where the error message is shown, after the prompt () 1 %, type this:
IsNetV4Installed
Normally, you should see "true" if .NET v4 is already installed, or "false" otherwise. But if that command produces the error message you have noticed, that will confirm my suspicion that it's the .NET checking function that is the culprit, and I should be able to fix the bug.

Also, be sure to use the latest version of BD3D2MK3D (v1.17). I have recently fixed another bug that can also explain the problem.

Last edited by r0lZ; 30th October 2019 at 11:42.
Old 30th October 2019, 15:20   #1737  |  Link
tarrega

Hi r0lZ,
thanks for the reply.
1.) echo "%WINDIR%" returns "C:\Windows"
2.) In "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework" there is a folder "v4.0.30319"
3.) IsNetV4Installed:
Code:
Error sourcing /Tcl/work/BD3D2MK3D/src/BD3D2MK3D.tcl: C:\WINDOWS
() 1 % IsNetV4Installed
C:\WINDOWS
(BD3D2MK3D) 2 %
4.) I used version 1.17

So it is the .NET checking function?
Old 31st October 2019, 10:42   #1738  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrega View Post
So it is the .NET checking function?
It seems yes, but I don't understand why. I have exactly the same configuration, and the function works correctly here. I supposed that the function crashes on you due to some differences with the "normal" windows installation, but it's not the case, and I'm puzzled.

Anyway, I will try to modify it, and I'll contact you by PM to give you a beta to test. Perhaps I will not be able to discover that .NET v4 is indeed installed, but at least the program should start. In the worst case, BD3D2MK3D will not let you hardcode the subtitles on the video (option in last tab). Do you need it ?

Please be patient. I have a RV right now, but I'll do the fix as soon as possible...
Old 31st October 2019, 15:12   #1739  |  Link
tarrega

Quote:
Anyway, I will try to modify it, and I'll contact you by PM to give you a beta to test. Perhaps I will not be able to discover that .NET v4 is indeed installed, but at least the program should start. In the worst case, BD3D2MK3D will not let you hardcode the subtitles on the video (option in last tab). Do you need it ?

Please be patient. I have a RV right now, but I'll do the fix as soon as possible...
No I don't need it. Thank you for your work I'll be patient .
Old 3rd November 2019, 20:49   #1740  |  Link
mi3gai4rui4

Just getting back to trying to get a 1920x2160 interleaved video.

tebasuna51's suggestion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Maybe:

left = SelectEven(interleaved).AssumeFieldBased()
right = SelectOdd(interleaved).AssumeFieldBased()

# Build combined Row-interlaced image
Interleave(left, right).Weave()
It did produce a 1920x2160 video with the correct aspect ratio.
MPC-HC + madVR seem to play it back correctly, but the left and right eyes seem to swap back and forth rapidly (not sure if every frame). If I pause at different arbitrary points, sometimes left eye is on top, sometimes right eye.

Any ideas as to how to fix that?

Thanks in advance :-)
Closed Thread