Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 6th May 2020, 21:09   #501  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomum View Post
In all versions except the current version,
Does it mean that the feature is always disabled?
Does Other than the latest version, 11.0.8.6,
that mean the feature is disabled?
It started when DVDFab added UHD support in Passkey v9.3.0.2 early 2018. So anything newer only uses UK so FindVUK can only get UK. Maybe you can still get other keys with FindVUK using older DVDFab versions for discs with lower MKB versions (like < 60). But for those discs that maybe will work you can get all keys yourself with aacskeys using public PK and HC

Last edited by candela; 6th May 2020 at 21:33.
candela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2020, 07:07   #502  |  Link
Bomum

Quote:
Originally Posted by candela View Post
It started when DVDFab added UHD support in Passkey v9.3.0.2 early 2018. So anything newer only uses UK so FindVUK can only get UK. Maybe you can still get other keys with FindVUK using older DVDFab versions for discs with lower MKB versions (like < 60). But for those discs that maybe will work you can get all keys yourself with aacskeys using public PK and HC
Is there any problem if you have the latest Fab, FindVUK, aacskeys?
Bomum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2020, 09:52   #503  |  Link
Losko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalor View Post
Of course I could add some kind of incremental download specifically for the synchronisation - but honestly this would be a huge rework of the current setup and I cannot afford the time for this.
Hey, this is exactly what git was designed for!
git is great when managing text files with incremental modifications, and it's very, very efficient when synchronizing local and remote copies.
What if FindVUK did:
  1. first launch? then do 'git clone', else 'git pull'
  2. do your usual stuff
  3. exiting: new entries? then do 'git push'
If I think at the keys database as a repository, then the whole scenario seems so simplified!
(and, btw, there are plenty of git hosting sites out there)
Losko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2020, 19:20   #504  |  Link
nalor

I'm not sure that GIT is really an option - because the problem is that not all changes of every user are relevant for all the other users...
Usually GIT is used in case each change is relevant for everyone else .. but in our case there might be manual changes to the file that might remove data from the repository.
And as always with systems like GIT theres always the option that merge conflicts might occur - and the only way to handle them easily would be to perform a hard-reset to the current repository.

Finally I just want to tell that the only reason for me to start the online database has been the strange disappearance of Starbuck ...

But in case someone else wants to create a better solution I've absolutely no problem to stop my current implementation or add support for the new approach to FindVUK.
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2020, 11:23   #505  |  Link
richy

Hi nalor!

The upload part when submitting new keys always seems to work fine and obviously it's just the download part of a sync where the free hosting problems kick in. I was going to suggest some sort of stop-gap measure like a monthly keydb.cfg update via tinyupload.com (or similar) so people could keep relatively up to date without needing to hammer the free host so much.

However, out of curiosity I just tried a sync for the first time in ages and the speed seemed to be a lot better and I noticed that it downloaded about 11mb instead of the full 31mb and then proceeded to unpack it. Basically, I was able to do a full sync with no problems. I'm guessing you've made a few changes somewhere so a sync doesn't require so much data to be downloaded? If so, it certainly seems to be working ok at the moment.

Just thought I'd mention it in case you wanted any feedback(!?) and also thought I'd just say a quick thanks for all the work you've put in to FindVUK
richy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2020, 22:22   #506  |  Link
nalor

I've changed only something really small - but maybe this did the trick.
In the beginning the file to download has been <10MB and everything has been fine.
Than at some point in time the file got bigger than 10MB and personally I think it still worked, but later on it started to get really slow.
In parallel I noticed that when downloading the file with a browser I don't get a progress information and started to analyze why this isn't working and finally got the info from the bplaced-support that each php-interpreter is limited to 10MB of memory and as the file is transmitted by a php-file and does exceed the assigned memory size, the filesize is not available in advance any longer and therefore it's not available to the browser.
So finally I've changed the behaviour so that the php-file just takes care the file is updated in case it's necessary and afterwards there's a redirect to the file in the filesystem.
So the data is now delivered directly by the webserver and a few days after this change the download problems disappeared...

Don't know if it's really related or if it's just a coincidence - but finally everything back to 'useable'
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote