Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 19th December 2008, 01:18   #3461  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
asarian,

I updated RipBot's x264 with the 1057 build from digital digest -- is this not an "official" release? -- AND installed ffdshow_rev2421_20081205_clsid. I checked the preview, and voila! No macroblocking! I'm not convinced that the ffdshow build was the issue, though, since Handbrake and XVID4PSP both created a solid video with the build that was giving RipBot trouble.
Well, it simply can't be x264, as that isn't being used yet at the Preview stage; so it was either ffdshow, or the Haali media splitter. But since you haven't updated the latter, my money is on ffdshow.
Old 19th December 2008, 05:24   #3462  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Well, it simply can't be x264, as that isn't being used yet at the Preview stage; so it was either ffdshow, or the Haali media splitter. But since you haven't updated the latter, my money is on ffdshow.
I can't explain it, but after changing out x264, it worked! Keep in mind, I used the EXACT SAME ffdshow build when I encoded in Handbrake and XVID4PSP. Color me confused!

I highly recommend trying the new (1057) x264 and stable ffdshow build that came out yesterday. Also, if you're a Vista user, make sure you allow/unblock x264 when you replace the version that comes with RipBot. Good ole Microsoft doesn't trust that you know what you're doing...

Asarian,

I appreciate all your help, buddy.
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 15:12   #3463  |  Link
hcour

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
That did it. Thanks much!
hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 05:44   #3464  |  Link
Blackwalker

hi, if i need to convert a "m2ts" file in a blu-ray disc structure, using RipBot 264 and
to resize it to fit in a 25gb blank blu-ray disk, i need only to set:
- output as "blu-ray disc"
- lock size to 25GB but i see this option only if i set "2-pass" and not if i set "CQ"...or i miss somthing?
- kbps...what i have to set here for a 25GB output blu-ray structure?

PLS, can you tell me which settings i have to use!

If the Audio of the movie is TRUE-HD i have to set X.X COPY STREEM?

....i still have to figure what mean "X.X COPY STREEM"...it leave the audio how it is or what?
(hope m english is not so bad)

or there is a fastest way to convert only the size of a blu-ray movie to fit into a 25GB blank disk?

tyvm and hope someone can help me!

Last edited by Blackwalker; 20th December 2008 at 07:06.
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 05:54   #3465  |  Link
vman9999

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the group and I'm very excited to be a member. I've been involved with video conversions for several years now but now diving into Blu-Ray source. I am converting from Blu-Ray to Apple TV and RipBot has to be one of the nicest and easyest programs that I've seen (Great Job!).

The video conversion is perfect but I have run into one snag with the audio. I am trying to get the best of both worlds when it comes to audio and I'm not sure how to do it with RipBot. As we know, AAC is only supported in an mp4 container but to get AAC+AC3 passthrough to work on an Apple TV you need to use an m4v container.

Is their anyway to do this with RipBot?

Thanks
vman9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 13:43   #3466  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

m4v = mp4
and
m4a = mp4
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 15:50   #3467  |  Link
vman9999

Thanks for the quick response however I'm still not clear if there are settings within RipBot to accomplish this or do I have to do this externally?

Thanks again.
Old 20th December 2008, 18:25   #3468  |  Link
jtheripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwalker View Post
hi, if i need to convert a "m2ts" file in a blu-ray disc structure, using RipBot 264 and
to resize it to fit in a 25gb blank blu-ray disk, i need only to set:
- output as "blu-ray disc"
- lock size to 25GB but i see this option only if i set "2-pass" and not if i set "CQ"...or i miss somthing?
- kbps...what i have to set here for a 25GB output blu-ray structure?

PLS, can you tell me which settings i have to use!

If the Audio of the movie is TRUE-HD i have to set X.X COPY STREEM?

....i still have to figure what mean "X.X COPY STREEM"...it leave the audio how it is or what?
(hope m english is not so bad)

or there is a fastest way to convert only the size of a blu-ray movie to fit into a 25GB blank disk?

tyvm and hope someone can help me!
first ripbot will not handle dolby truhd properly due to tsmuxer. It will downconvert it to ac3 640kbps if you choose copy stream. It is best to choose no audio and choose a file size that is minus the HD audio you demuxed with eac3to and laso dont forget to allow some overhead for bluray file creation. If you have a dts hd master it will convert that to dts if you use copy stream. after you have created the downsized video in ripbot you will need to mux back the hd audio with the downsized video. However at this time using tsmuxer to do this works sometimes only, it will ruin the truhd audio usually. dts hd master is no problem. best to convert the truHD to lpcm using eac3to first, then see file size deduct that from 22GB and what is left use as video size in ripbot
jtheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 21:23   #3469  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
first ripbot will not handle dolby truhd properly due to tsmuxer. It will downconvert it to ac3 640kbps if you choose copy stream. It is best to choose no audio and choose a file size that is minus the HD audio you demuxed with eac3to and laso dont forget to allow some overhead for bluray file creation. If you have a dts hd master it will convert that to dts if you use copy stream. after you have created the downsized video in ripbot you will need to mux back the hd audio with the downsized video. However at this time using tsmuxer to do this works sometimes only, it will ruin the truhd audio usually. dts hd master is no problem. best to convert the truHD to lpcm using eac3to first, then see file size deduct that from 22GB and what is left use as video size in ripbot
ok, i think i have to "read and read and read and read" again what you say, my english is not so good but not so bad,
the problem is i'm still a noob about blu-ray conversion and i still have to use eac3to, so i need time to understand and check if
this work.

anyway, thx a lot for your help!
Old 20th December 2008, 21:58   #3470  |  Link
b66pak

Off topic:

@Atak_Snajpera your inbox is full!
_
b66pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 08:15   #3471  |  Link
Blackwalker

hope Atak_Snajpera'll make a new version soon.

...even if there are some little bugs, like the audio processing loop for each subtitle,
even if its still not "perfect", I'd like to make a donation so the developer can continue to make a better version:
There is a way to Donate some money to the developer?

thx =)
Old 21st December 2008, 14:18   #3472  |  Link
mmmmdonut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman9999 View Post
Thanks for the quick response however I'm still not clear if there are settings within RipBot to accomplish this or do I have to do this externally?

Thanks again.
If memory serves, what Apple did with AC3 was never in the mpeg4 spec which is why you see RB only allow you to use AAC when container is mp4.

If you want AC3, you will have to add it by hand as a secondary audio track.
mmmmdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 17:59   #3473  |  Link
vman9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmdonut View Post
If memory serves, what Apple did with AC3 was never in the mpeg4 spec which is why you see RB only allow you to use AAC when container is mp4.

If you want AC3, you will have to add it by hand as a secondary audio track.
Yes, you are correct. I've been able to do this with Handbrake and it does allow for multiple audio channels in an m4v container. This works fine but the video is not quite as good as RipBot. There is a very very slight difference but I can see it. I guess I'm splitting hairs here but I'm spoiled after using RipBot.

I guess I'll give it a try manually and see what I get.

Thanks again.
Old 21st December 2008, 21:16   #3474  |  Link
hcour

Hope it's alright to make suggestions here. If possible, could you add a "Pause" option? Even on Low Priority it uses a lot of cpu, it'd be nice to be able to pause the program if something else cpu-intensive needed to be done. And thanks for a great program!
hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 21:20   #3475  |  Link
wakebrder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheripper View Post
Atak- Is there any way you could provide an option in the next version to not extract the DTS core and use the untouched DTS HD Master audio track instead? That way, we would not have to use the above procedure to retain DTS-HD master audio stream?

Thanks again for the great program.
wakebrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 00:38   #3476  |  Link
valnar

I haven't used Ripbot in awhile but just tried it again because I bought an iPod 5th gen (first iPod Video) and wanted to transcode a movie for it. I picked the level 3 ipod preset, changed video resolution to 320x240 and let her rip. The video came out small, sound was fine, everything looked good.

iTunes 8.02 didn't like it. It said it was not compatible. What am I missing? I've read some conflicting information on the web that it needed to be level 1.3 compliant instead. Is there anything else?
valnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 00:41   #3477  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
I haven't used Ripbot in awhile but just tried it again because I bought an iPod 5th gen (first iPod Video) and wanted to transcode a movie for it. I picked the level 3 ipod preset, changed video resolution to 320x240 and let her rip. The video came out small, sound was fine, everything looked good.

iTunes 8.02 didn't like it. It said it was not compatible. What am I missing? I've read some conflicting information on the web that it needed to be level 1.3 compliant instead. Is there anything else?
Level 3.0 preset is for iPod 5.5g and later.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 00:42   #3478  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

open ipod profile in notepad and change --level 3.0 to --level 1.3
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 00:59   #3479  |  Link
valnar

Thank you, and thank you.

Are there any other optimizations for this iPod other than the level change?
valnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 01:07   #3480  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post

i have that same ipod & the new touch. ipod profile works fine.
are you using an old version of rb264?
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360