Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2011, 16:42   #4141  |  Link
afro1114

x264 failed with exit code -1073741819

Lately every time i put a file batch to encode in staxrip i get this error at least one time, and that interrupt all the queue, looked for the error code in the web and nothing appear.

Anyone have any ideas about what can it be, and how to solve it?

Here is the log of the error:

Code:
Operation failed!

x264 failed with exit code -1073741819

avs [info]: 1280x720p 0:0 @ 12567183/524288 fps (cfr)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.2 AVX
x264 [info]: profile High, level 3.1

StaxRip.ErrorAbortException: x264 failed with exit code -1073741819

avs [info]: 1280x720p 0:0 @ 12567183/524288 fps (cfr)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.2 AVX
x264 [info]: profile High, level 3.1

en StaxRip.H264CmdlEncoder.Encode(String passName, String exe, String args, String[] logValuesToSkip) en C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\StaxMedia\trunk\StaxRip\General\VideoEncoder.vb:línea 2011
   en StaxRip.x264Encoder.Encode() en C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\StaxMedia\trunk\StaxRip\General\VideoEncoder.vb:línea 1553
   en StaxRip.MainForm.Encode() en C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\StaxMedia\trunk\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:línea 2136
   en StaxRip.MainForm.RunJobs() en C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\StaxMedia\trunk\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:línea 3321
Old 18th May 2011, 20:43   #4142  |  Link
datauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flebber View Post
from Stax.

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=4028

from me about changing to xvid_encraw but you can change x264 or xvid version using this.

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=4035
I installed xvid 1.3.1 as default with Staxrip and it works fine most of the time apart from occasional oversized files. If you install the latest build of xvid you should find it also now includes encraw.

Whether or not it has to be included in Stax app folder to work with it, I'm not too sure?

Bug noticed using MKV/MP4 s input sources. Big audio/synch issues after muxing. Obviously Staxrip is not allowing for mkv delay.

Last edited by datauser; 24th May 2011 at 14:10. Reason: Xvid 1.3.1 info
Old 22nd May 2011, 09:55   #4143  |  Link
stax76

Hi everybody, I hope everybody is doing fine. I don't spend much time with computers, TV and Video these days. I can't tell about the future, as a sign of life I've updated some applications however:

1.1.7.1 beta (2011-05-22)
  • Updated MP4Box to version 0.4.6 that hopefully fixes sync problems
  • Updated ffms2 to version 2.15 mt
  • Updated x264 to version r1995
  • Updated mkvtoolnix to version 4.7.0
  • Fixed bug 'DTS Express' format not detected
  • Added option to modify existing cut selection, overlapping selections are merged
http://sourceforge.net/projects/staxmedia/
Old 22nd May 2011, 10:19   #4144  |  Link
Sharc

When selecting Blu-Ray as device '--bluray-compat' should be added for x264 revision 1995. It will overwrite any other non-compliant global blu-ray settings.
Old 22nd May 2011, 10:46   #4145  |  Link
stax76

I'll add it, thanks.
Old 22nd May 2011, 16:55   #4146  |  Link
VincAlastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincAlastor View Post
stax76 is missing! avisynth 64bit support, an actully build (update tools) and an option to set forced sub's in mkv container config would be nice.
a sign of life... thank you for the update stax76 !!!

Old 23rd May 2011, 02:09   #4147  |  Link
Mixer73

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
Hi everybody, I hope everybody is doing fine. I don't spend much time with computers, TV and Video these days. I can't tell about the future, as a sign of life I've updated some applications however:
STAX! Awesome to see you, hope you're enjoying life away from the project
Old 24th May 2011, 03:39   #4148  |  Link
burfadel

User who don't want to use DGDecNV, or can't use it because they have an AMD GPU etc, click on tools, settings, then demuxing on the left hand side and disable dgindexnv, otherwise you will be prompted for a licence file... I'm not saying dgdecnv isn't any good, just that you can only use it after paying $15 and its useless unless you have an Nvidia GPU.
Old 24th May 2011, 04:46   #4149  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
User who don't want to use DGDecNV, or can't use it because they have an AMD GPU etc, click on tools, settings, then demuxing on the left hand side and disable dgindexnv, otherwise you will be prompted for a licence file... I'm not saying dgdecnv isn't any good, just that you can only use it after paying $15 and its useless unless you have an Nvidia GPU.
just use ffms instead.
Old 24th May 2011, 06:03   #4150  |  Link
burfadel

I do

I just thought i'd let people know! For me anyway, it kept insisting the licence file wasn't present even thought dgdevnv wasn't anywhere in the avisynth chain (was using ffmpegsource). I had disabled it is 1.1.7.0, and when I copied the newer files over from 1.1.7.1 it set the demuxing options back to default (meaning dgdevnv is enabled under the demuxing options). It seems to insist on the dgdecnv being correct even if you aren't using it.
Old 24th May 2011, 10:23   #4151  |  Link
datauser

Quote:

1.1.7.1 beta (2011-05-22)
  • Updated MP4Box to version 0.4.6 that hopefully fixes sync problems
  • Updated ffms2 to version 2.15 mt
  • Updated x264 to version r1995
  • Updated mkvtoolnix to version 4.7.0
  • Fixed bug 'DTS Express' format not detected
  • Added option to modify existing cut selection, overlapping selections are merged
http://sourceforge.net/projects/staxmedia/
Fantastic news! And the very best regards to you and your family Stax. Thankyou!

P.S just a little curious why Staxrip is not using Xvid 1.3.1 with encraw as default?

Last edited by datauser; 24th May 2011 at 14:27.
Old 25th May 2011, 10:53   #4152  |  Link
arto65

Excellent news Stax! That's really good news and thank you very much!
I updated the article at Gizmo's freeware.
Old 25th May 2011, 16:45   #4153  |  Link
Ryo94

Hi, I'm using Staxrip to convert a DVD to Xvid, the problem is that the output file is larger than it should be, I set 1493MB/1550Kbps but I get a file of 1.62GB/1771Kbps. Any idea why happen this and how to solve it, here is the log:
Code:
http://www.multiupload.com/TY3ELZ9J3A
Thanks in advance.
Old 25th May 2011, 21:27   #4154  |  Link
datauser

I have had the same issue when I input mp4 in a MKV container. Most of the time okay, but sometimes many mb's over or rarely under target size.

Regarding Xvid using DVD as source it has occasionally happened throwing me over say 10mb over my 700m target, but usually when I was using abr for the audio rate and not allowing for the extra saved bitrate. So you could go over or under your target final size depending on options you set and how source is for compressing. It could be a codec compression issue as well and practically unsolveable. However, Xvid 1.3.1 latest is pretty good for me in tests and 98% of time accurate.

Having uneven targets from my experience can sometimes confuse the codec with difficult to compress material, so aways keeping it a nice round number bitratewise is good as I see you did. Try lowering your bitrate 10%, make it (1350mb and or even bitrate) and see if any difference as too high can sometimes be detrimental to target size along with a several ac-3 tracks in dvd and Staxrip is having to mux in the 5.1 in as your logs show! Strip the audio menu first! Adding a denoise filter at low/medium setting will help compression too.

Last edited by datauser; 25th May 2011 at 21:54.
Old 26th May 2011, 01:43   #4155  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

can anyone tell me how i can add "nneedi2" to staxrip

i was reading this on another website

"1) Install avisynth , download Yadifmod, and NNEDI2.
http://web.missouri.edu/~kes25c/

Copy nnedi2.dll into the avisynth/plugins folder, and dgdecode.dll from DGMPGDec, and they will be autoloading into your script

Yadifmod has to be loaded manually (see below)

2) Use DGIndex to index your vob file. If you have multiple, you can join (append) them in the open dialog box. Set video=>honor pulldown flags, file=>save project. This will produce a .d2v file and demux your audio

3) Create an text file in notepad in the same directory as your video, copy the following, adjusting the filenames and paths to match. Save it, then rename the .txt extension to .avs

Code:

LoadPlugin("PATH\yadifmod.dll")
MPEG2Source("vob.d2v")
interp=nnedi2(field=1) #same rate, keep top field
yadifmod(order=1, field=-1, mode=0, edeint=interp) #TFF, field set to order, same rate
Crop(0,70,0,-78)

If you wanted to, you could add other filters (e..g you said your were concerned about the noise so you might add a denoise filter). I cropped black borders , but if you have different content, you might need different crop values, so play with the script so you understand what's going on.

A good tool to learn about scripts and previewing filters is AvsP.

All of the avisynth and it's filters have full documentation if you need more info on the switches and setting.

4) You can open that .avs file in vdub or any encoder that accepts avs scripts. If you are only using vdub to encode (ie. no vdub filters), you can use video=>fast recompress , which bypasses the YV12=>RGB=>YV12 conversion. If you have other filtering tasks other than simple cutting, you could do them with avisynth, but if you use a vdub filter, you need full processing mode.

Cheers"

End Quote

how would i get this to work in Staxrip,

Staxrip has Yadif already, but it doesn't know "nnedi2"

how do i register this .dll in staxrip, or will it automatically look into the plugins directory if it can't find it in it's own install directory?

thanks.

trying to encode Startrek Voyager PAL (de-interlacing this bitch is a nightmare, some frames need blending, but other need de-interlacing, yadif alone is causing damage on certain frames (has something to do with special effects needs blending, but actual live motion needs yadif, but of course it's either one or the other with yadif, nnedi2 will repair/counteract the damage yadif is causing)

thanks.

EDIT

Found this on google

[Field]
Deinterlace | Normal - Yadif = LoadCplugin("%application:Yadif%").Yadif()
Deinterlace | Slower - Yadifmod+nnedi2 = YadifMod(edeint=nnedi2())
Deinterlace | Double Framerate - Yadif = LoadCplugin("%application:Yadif%").Yadif(mode=1)
Deinterlace | D. Framerate - Yadifmod+nnedi2 = YadifMod(mode=1, edeint=nnedi2(field=-2))
IVTC = Telecide(guide=1).Decimate()

will try this stuff,

be adding this one
Deinterlace | Slower - Yadifmod+nnedi2 = YadifMod(edeint=nnedi2())

EDIT 2

Slower = YadifMod(edeint=nnedi3())

the results are astounding

i tired QTGMC 3.32 but was getting error's, and the scripts is quite complex and is powered by a lot of PLUGINS... a lot,

but again,

YadifMod+nnedi3 is an amazing pair, it adds a long time to the encoding process (be upgrading my cpu in the next several months can't wait), and i have only done early tests, but the quality of Xvid's (which for my own reasons i still need to use in certain situations) is amazing, gives my Xvid's a new lease of life i can say.

unless i comeback and say otherwise, consider the above also applies to other encodes i have done (PAL interlaced)

i haven't tried it on the real killers yet "Startrek" series TNG, DS9, & Voyager.

Last edited by Pulp Catalyst; 27th May 2011 at 12:09. Reason: final words, and end result.
Old 26th May 2011, 02:00   #4156  |  Link
Ryo94

Quote:
Originally Posted by datauser View Post
It could be a codec compression issue as well and practically unsolveable. However, Xvid 1.3.1 latest is pretty good for me in tests and 98% of time accurate.
At first sight it is a problem between Xvid and some avisynth filters (TIVTC & TDeint) that I'm using to deinterlace a movie, I don't have this problem if I use Yadif or decomb, really strange.
Old 26th May 2011, 11:58   #4157  |  Link
datauser

Maybe tweaking the Xvid codec might work. Make a Staxrip test template and just do small encoding sample or you could try the reliably good AutoGK which is still very good for deinterlacing difficult stuff. Has extra options.

Also Handbrake (old Xvid version) has an excellent decomb filter which you might try for deinterlacing hard stuff.
Old 27th May 2011, 17:32   #4158  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

i am trying to use

LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\StaxRip\Applications\DGMPGDec\DGDecode.dll")
SetMTMode(5)
SetMemoryMax(512)
MPEG2Source("F:\VIDEOTEMP\Staxrip\3\VTS_02_1 temp files\VTS_02_1.d2v")
Crop(0,0, -Width % 8,-Height % 8)
ConvertToYV12()
YadifMod(edeint=nnedi3())
Crop(20,0,-12,-0)

but staxrip is giving error

"the scripts return value was not a video clip"

does anyone know why this is not working,

my avisynth is 2.5.8 MT,

EDIT

i put the source stuff into the Misc.

[Misc]
Assume 25 fps = AssumeFPS(25, 1, true)
Assume 23.976 fps = AssumeFPS(24000, 1001, true)
Memory Limit = SetMemoryMax(512)
MT Mode 2 = SetMTMode(2)
MT Mode 3 = SetMTMode(3)
MT Mode 4 = SetMTMode(4)
MT Mode 5 = SetMTMode(5)

then did,

MPEG2Source("F:\VIDEOTEMP\Staxrip\3\VTS_02_1 temp files\VTS_02_1.d2v")
ConvertToYV12()
SetMTMode(5)
SetMemoryMax(512)
Crop(20,0,-12,-0)

this works, but i read that setMT needs to be 1st, or the main part of the chain won't be in MT mode,

but i can't put SetMT 1st, because Stax complains about "1st line of script has to be source category" or words to that effect.

given where SetMT is in above script, is that OK? or am i right that it can't go there, and in that case what do i do?

yadifmod+nnedi3 i have been told can really benefit from using MT, but Staxrip is fighting me.

EDIT

MT stuff actually slowed the process down by 8 minutes,
i'll forget the MT stuff i think.

still need to test QTGMC still though,

had trouble getting it to work before, but learnt a few things since that attempt, perhaps in a few days time....perhaps
YadifMod(edeint=nnedi3()) does a nice job and is very stable....

Last edited by Pulp Catalyst; 27th May 2011 at 19:18. Reason: dissapointing results.
Old 28th May 2011, 17:27   #4159  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

i have confirmed that in MEgui

# Set DAR in encoder to 4 : 3. The following line is for automatic signalling
global MeGUI_darx = 4
global MeGUI_dary = 3
LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
DGDecode_mpeg2source("F:\VIDEOTEMP\MeGUI\VTS_01_1.d2v", info=3)
LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\ColorMatrix.dll")
ColorMatrix(hints=true, threads=0)
crop( 8, 0, -8, 0)

#resize
#denoise

gave me CPU utilization around 75-85% (DVD to Xvid)

but my modifying the SCRIPT manually to

# Set DAR in encoder to 4 : 3. The following line is for automatic signalling
global MeGUI_darx = 4
global MeGUI_dary = 3
LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(5,3)
DGDecode_mpeg2source("F:\VIDEOTEMP\MeGUI\VTS_01_1.d2v", info=3)
SetMTMode(2)
LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\ColorMatrix.dll")
ColorMatrix(hints=true, threads=0)
crop( 8, 0, -8, 0)

#resize
#denoise

gave me a CPU utilization of 97-100%, a significant increase by all accounts.

can someone help me reproduce this so STAXRIP accepts this script, i always keep getting error's,

"source catogory"

"not a video Clip"

i'm puzzled why staxrip can't run the script, where MEGui can, why is staxrip fighting me on the following script

SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(5,3)
MPEG2Source("F:\VIDEOTEMP\Staxrip\1\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1.d2v")
SetMTMode(2)
ConvertToYV12()
QTGMC( Preset="Slow", SelectEven())
Crop(18,0,-14,-0)

perhaps i should try modifying the script manually after stax has created the avs file

here's the original untouched

LoadCPlugin("D:\Program Files\StaxRip\Applications\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\yadif.dll")
MPEG2Source("F:\VIDEOTEMP\Staxrip\6\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1.d2v")
ConvertToYV12()
Yadif()
Crop(18,0,-14,-0)

and here's my modded version.

SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(5,3)
SetMTMode(2)
ConvertToYV12()
Crop(18,0,-14,-0)

it's just running now, had to modify it twice, stax overwritten the AVS file when i clicked on next in STAX,

it works, i thought it would, if avisynth says it's ok, then it must be ok,

question is why is staxrip saying complaining about the above script,

or to put it another way, how could i get the above script setup within Staxrip itself,

the other question is why does Staxrip have "ConvertToYV12()"

and MEGui doesn't....... this may explain why i'm only getting 92-96% CPU usage when in MEGui i was getting 97-100%

will have to look into this a bit more,

EDIT,

staxrip will not let me put

[Misc]
MT Mode 5-3 = SetMTMode(5,3)

before the rest,

"the 1st filter must have a category source"

so i then

[Source]
MT Mode 5 = SetMTMode(5,3)

the script's return value was not a video clip

finally did it, i had to keep clicking on "OK" to ignore the constant error's Staxrip was claiming to exists,

i mange to create the following using the GUI,

SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(5,3)
ConvertToYV12()
SetMTMode(2)
Crop(18,0,-14,-0)

but it's not practical to use, i had about 9 errors coming up on screen,

"the scripts return value was not a video clip"

yes it is, because i can play the AVS file in any player,

any suggestions on how to turn of Staxrips error reporting system would be great.

Last edited by Pulp Catalyst; 28th May 2011 at 17:41.
Old 28th May 2011, 21:05   #4160  |  Link
jsquare
BrainDead

Quote:
I'll add it, thanks.
Hi Stax, any news on the update to include --bluray-compat switch?
I'm getting a nasty error every time I use --open-gop normal with version 1.1.7.1, had to go back to version 1.1.7.0 although I think it's related to x264 r1995 not supporting than switch anymore.

Last edited by jsquare; 30th May 2011 at 23:52.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265